Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Bill farhad denise desktop-wallpaper-pin-von-hendie-purwiliarto-auf-phone-backgrounds-three-wise-monkeys-thumbna...webp

He didn't change the chairman and board. Thats the crucial mistake.
It wasnt a crucial mistake, the mistake was leaving them in place but then not leaving them too it. Changing the chairman and board wouldn't of helped when you are owned by a clueless idiot like Farhad.
Read his response, he is the reason we are in this mess and he is the reason we won't be finding away out of it

I get what you are saying about Newcastle mate but the difference is that they had a clean set of books. They also didn't have a William Kenwright type figure in the middle who is not going to give up his shares without a fight. I never wanted those Americans investing but I have seen suggestions that it fell apart due to Kenwright refusing to sell his shares. I really do hope he is not going to scupper any potential takeover/investment bid.

I get what you're saying re Bill mate, but its irrelevant. If they buy Moshiris shares, they can automatically buy out Bill's anyway, as they will have enough of the company.

Its completely different to 2016, where he owned most of the shares.

The debt might be an issue. I think the biggest issue is just going to be whether they like the story. They want a narrative. I'd also suggest, theres a limited amount they can do as minority shareholders. So I dont know. Theres some smoke, but doesnt mean there is fire.

As far as i can tell, and i might be wrong here, we probably have the biggest turnover of staff and board members out of any club in the league in the last 7 years.

Im not Kenwrights biggest fan by any means, but he is a figureahead at best. DBB gets an enormous amount of flack as well. Are these people somehow responsible for Anthony Gordon missing 2 sitters from 8 yards out against bottom of the league?

The fact is, we are performing poorly because things haven't gone to plan. That doesnt mean there isnt one.

All the histrionics in here and across social media does nothing but cause unrest. The groans start at any negative result and it snowballs. But thats football.

That other whopper Ped drones on and on about Newcastle till hes even redder in the face than normal, but ill tell u what happened at Newcastle. They got a new manager and few new players, got some good results and the momentum has carried them. The difference between where they are now and where we are now is the difference between 2 goals chalked off to offside and 2 Almiron worldies that he may never score again.

Confidence and positivity breeds confidence and positivity.

Should we have another striker in? Undoubtedly. But the reason our finances are the way they are is because we rolled the same dice Newcastle did, several times, and ran out of luck each time. Not because Dan Ashworth has changed the DNA of the club in less than a year.

The anger is multiplied because that lot across the park have gone virtually 5 years unbeaten, but we cant all cheat and get away with it.

The system is rigged. The sooner some people see that the better.

It’s a far more complex debate then many of the pressure groups suggest, I keep hearing “we want change” - what’s that exactly….because change could be catastrophic for us. I’m not defending anyone here just stating what I believe to be the reality. Would I like us run better, definitely I’ve been saying it long before the koolaide was drunk - in regard to our finances.

No doubt a fair degree of mismanagement happened, the owner perhaps to my mind is content to have patsies at board level in place so he can make all decisions - it happens. That or he’s naive and been taken advantage of “by supporting his management teams”.

Nuts and bolts and he has said it in his letter, he’s invested huge sums of money in the club, he’s taken on board and solved the ground issue - two high priority problematic issues at the club for decades, his commitment and actions of support can’t be questioned. Incredible sums of money have been spent, no one else is going to that in my opinion, or certainly they can’t.

The problem we have now is the club is utterly dependent on him now for financial survival, those 100s millions of losses we see every year is actual money being covered by Moshiri, without those cheques the club ceases to function and goes into administration or liquidation - essentially all assets getting sold. You won’t see that in the small print of the advocacy groups when they talk “of change”, nor can they give guarantees that a new owner won’t come in and asset strip us to cover our losses etc.

So it’s a fair more complex discussion, then a glib, we want change, a new man comes in and we start from scratch, that’s not going to happen, we’re in a hole and without Moshiri cheques we are in huge trouble.

So ultimately a lot of contrasts exist at the same time, have we been mismanaged - yes, has he invested an incredible amount of money on the club and infrastructure - yes. Is the club utterly dependent on him and without further investment to cover our losses are we in huge trouble - yes.

Someone is going to have to come up with something better in terms of strategy as just “change” because it’s a far more complex issue then just a binary in or out, in terms of the clubs well being.

Again I’m not defending him or the management teams as it’s clear we have been poorly managed, but the problem that has been created isn’t something that is going to be reset with a new owner - in fact things could get worse if there is no guarantee that an external partner covers our losses. That’s how I see the reality of the clubs position in regard to the dynamic.

Last edited:
What else was he going to say?

Admit he has got everything wrong over seven years apart from the stadium?

Announce the manager, DOF, chairman, CEO, and board are all to be fired?

They are all in it together - and what a cosy consensus it is - until the time comes for a sacrificial lamb when the manager of the day gets fired from a rocket.

And then the cycle starts over.
Has to be judged on actions now, words are meaningless.

As far as i can tell, and i might be wrong here, we probably have the biggest turnover of staff and board members out of any club in the league in the last 7 years.

Im not Kenwrights biggest fan by any means, but he is a figureahead at best. DBB gets an enormous amount of flack as well. Are these people somehow responsible for Anthony Gordon missing 2 sitters from 8 yards out against bottom of the league?

The fact is, we are performing poorly because things haven't gone to plan. That doesnt mean there isnt one.

All the histrionics in here and across social media does nothing but cause unrest. The groans start at any negative result and it snowballs. But thats football.

That other whopper Ped drones on and on about Newcastle till hes even redder in the face than normal, but ill tell u what happened at Newcastle. They got a new manager and few new players, got some good results and the momentum has carried them. The difference between where they are now and where we are now is the difference between 2 goals chalked off to offside and 2 Almiron worldies that he may never score again.

Confidence and positivity breeds confidence and positivity.

Should we have another striker in? Undoubtedly. But the reason our finances are the way they are is because we rolled the same dice Newcastle did, several times, and ran out of luck each time. Not because Dan Ashworth has changed the DNA of the club in less than a year.

The anger is multiplied because that lot across the park have gone virtually 5 years unbeaten, but we cant all cheat and get away with it.

The system is rigged. The sooner some people see that the better.
I think the flaw in your post is that you have not mentioned the 12 years of failire and lack of strategy which occurred under Kenwright. Surely anybody investing millions in a business who did not intend to be involved in governance issues would ensure they had a competent person in place to protect their interests. If Kenwright is 'A figurehead at best.' then he is not competent to perform the role of Chairman. This lack of competence at Board level must impact upon overall team performance. If there was a plan then responsible people in authority would have revised it should it be failing. This act has not taken place and goes to the heart of the problem. The club has no leadership or recogniseable direction, as such supporters are entitled to be totally p.ss.d.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back