Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
All that I am getting at is; as a fan, who am I most disappointed with:

A. The (Non football) business guy that has spent millions of quid on my club in an effort to improve it, and continues to be accountable to the corresponding financial loses.

B. The guy leading the board that determined our strategy on how we allocated those funds; whom to date has not been held accountable for his poor decision making.

Yes, Kenwright hasn’t been held accountable by Moshiri, who’s his boss???

Last 5 years our net spending is now 12th in league. Surely it’s not ffp stifling the spending now?
Wages

We've paid some astronomical wages to some absolutely awful football players. Often on 5 year deals while they play for someone else on loan.

Can't be faulted for the colossal amount of money he has shoved into the kitty. How or why he has not been more ruthless in his authority over the failing board is another matter. The Chelsea Russian oligarch, despised as he is, knew when and how to wield the axe on management staff.

You say its a flaw in my post, but i didnt acknowledge it because i didnt think it needed addressing. It is what is. Its history now, it can't be changed. But just as i cant say it wouldnt have made a difference if he had been replaced, you cant say it would. Neither of us know.

None of us really know what goes on, and so, people assume, and shout, and moan, and talk about having a plan, etc. We literally dont know what the plan is, and why should we? Do you know the inner workings of any club?

Its just largely about being heard for a lot of people, and those that shout loudest get the most attention and traction, whether those ideas are worthwhile or not.

We can all be as frustrated as the next fan, but calling for nondescript actions to be taken, with no idea of the consequences, by people who havent got a clue what they are talking about, that is not it.

And when they angrily call for a response, get 1, and then fume even more because they dont get the exact response they want, its entitlement and nothing more.

Like i say, i genuinely dont know what these people expected in a response, and im still waiting for someone to explain it to me.
'We' may not 'know the plan' but 'we' 'know' that it isn't working to the expectations of the overwhelming majority of supporters. Unless of course it's to use Everton as a slush fund or tax write off ?

It looks like he's completely checked out from the club now. Although, in terms of a structural upheavel, he's had the ability to throw Kenwright and his cronies out on their arses for the last seven years and never shown the slightest inkling in doing so.

In fact, the changes at Board level he refers to in his letter are literally all of the frauds he put on there, including Ryastansev, Usmanov's nephew who I believe got arrested at some point and Marcel Brands was likely his recommendation too considering he was the man Moshiri wanted all along as DoF.

Perhaps I should take some solace in the fact that if Moshiri had appointed his own personnel to the Board at the beginning, they'd likely be just as useless as the clown show we've had all along. Really removes the 'what if' questions that I'm sure would have swirled around in my brain.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back