Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
You're missing the point mate. If we get relegated and continue to suffer financially, we won't be able to afford the stadium and will be reduced to renting the £1billion asset from another owner. Reserve your praise for those who actually deserve it rather than this absolute chancer.

Relegation is part of the game, we are not now and have never been above it.

Screaming for the Owner out doesn't stop us getting relegated.

He's paid the up-front cost (at least someone has). There's no guarantee he won't try to claw that back from the club. He could just as easily own it and make the club rent it at a high rate. He would also pocket any gate receipts for any games and concerts.
Chances are the next owners pay that cost when Moshiri sells it to a consortium for a healthy profit.

Ah Martin Samuel coming on I've switched off, Martin is another friend of Bill, I see favours are being called in again. Moshiri has put his money where his mouth is, that I agree with, but has he spent it wisely, no, Apart from the stadium he hasn't. I blame him for allowing a decrepit, amateurish, disjointed not fit for purpose Chairman and board of Directors left to run this club in his absence, he should have looked at Evertons recent history, saw that it failed miserably, from what was one one of the "big five" clubs in England and replaced them with professionals as most competent clubs do. Bill has surrounded himself with lackeys, who are not at the required level to run a Premier league football club. We have chopped and changed managers far too much and have paid for it with a totally disjointed squad. We are left in a mess which we will find incredibly hard to get out of, almost impossible i feel.

In all seriousness, I’m glad he’s done this, because this is exactly what was needed to wake the fans up and turn them against him. What an utter freak.
Yet, there will be those who think that "soundbite" was a perfect response and will see it as an excuse to boo the sit in protestors!

Defies logic how these idiots cant see what he is doing to teh club.

he has recognised that this is the 'peoples club', and we're still not happy? I see his point
He has clearly inferred that fully grown adults behaving like entitled manbabies and projecting great fume towards a *checks notes* his sports team that he owns, well that would be most peculiar behaviour really.

And who argue against that? Except, perhaps, entitled manbabies.

I hope he doesn’t make any racist comments this time.

I was kind of hoping he would... :hayee:

Sounded like he was going to dig in and not sack lampard either. Terrifying

Lampard has two matches to save his career here make no mistake.

I couldn’t give a rats arse about the ground

That’ll be the death of this club

I'd sooner see it up in smoke if we could get rid of this utter charlatan.

These comments just add colour to my Evertonians think it couldn't get any worse from here post. That would really be the death of this club to have nearly had a new stadium on the docks but then managed to blow it. That stadium gives us a chance to hopefully get the Arabs or who else with a bit of cash and common sense.

That’s not going to happen, I don’t understand why people think it will. It’s 3/4’s of the way along the build, it’s getting built regardless. Whether it’s the club’s stadium or owned by someone else pretty much solely depends on whether we’re a Premier League club or not.

Might not be the case, if funding stops on the build and the Tier 1 contractor walks off site. If its not fully protected from the weather it would only be a matter of time before costs start rising and it becomes unfeasiable.

Then the club would have to pay to return it to the way it was originally. That is part of the contract with Peel Holdings.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back