Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Indeed. People should ask themselves ‘am I helping or hindering the team’. The support given at the end of last season was absolutely brilliant and brought out the best in the players, todays negativity and ‘protests’ will undoubtedly have the opposite effect……
I think there's an air of deflation about because the fans realize that we could give that support every season and nothing to do with how the club is run would change.
Last season took a lot out of fans and I think the assumption was that the effort would be met off the pitch. But it wasn't. Our best player was sold and not adequately replaced. The results on the field haven't improved and now the fans are being asked to do it all again.
For what? To drag the club to safety again so that the board and owner can make more poor decisions.

It's simple.
Sack the board, replace them with competent football people and don't interfere in how these new people run the club.
This gives the fans the optimism they need to put the same effort in that they did last season and drag the team to safety.

If I were a member of this board I would resign and I would impress upon my fellow board members that they should do the same. You just can't continue to fail at an oversight position, the point of which is to hold the rest of the organization accountable.

In other words: You had one job.
I'm quite surprised a career chaser like Denise seems happy to let Everton blot her ever illustrious CV so easily, I mean she was mean't to be looking for another job wasn't she?

Indeed. People should ask themselves ‘am I helping or hindering the team’. The support given at the end of last season was absolutely brilliant and brought out the best in the players, todays negativity and ‘protests’ will undoubtedly have the opposite effect……
In terms of the protests: the only thing that matters right now is unity and getting those 25 points that will get us safe.

Anything that gets in the way of that is a dangerous distraction. Protests should be aimed at one thing only right now: getting players into the club.

Demanding the removal of a board and owner in this precarious moment is a luxury we dont have. That's necessary - VERY NECESSARY - but now it is a distraction and it will run the risk of weakening our survival effforts...I think that's what fans got last season when the 27th Minute group received minimal support from most fans. Those fans instinctively knew that we had to be in lock step with each other for those players to perform and get us safe.

We're in perilous times right now.

What good has it done is long term?

Summer should have been a turning point but instead the effort of the fans in keeping the team us has been rewarded by the club changing nothing and thinking everything was ok.

At some point the club will run out of road irrespective of the fans best efforts and no one can say they didn’t see it coming whilst they are there pretending nothing is wrong in case they hurt the feelings of the utter charlatans in this squad.

Exactly. The Allardyce sacking, which was based on some ludicrous notion of "style" that we, as a club, has lacked since S-Express were number one, was the only one where a manager could claim to have been in any way hard done by.

Silva was sinking like a stone, getting smashed 6-2 at home to Spurs and 5-2 at Anfield. We won't mention Millwall.

He's having a good spell now - good luck to him. That doesn't mean he would have been a success here when he patently wasn't.

The biggest mistake Moshiri made wasn't sacking somebody. It was in not sacking somebody - Bill Kenwright.
Allardyce for all his many flaws, took a team who looked like we could concede 4 to 5 goals a game, to a relatively decent team. We beat who we needed to beat, were unlucky to lose to the RS at Anfield. Even in Bobbys 2nd season we were very lucky, that we had an easy run of games, towards the end, Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle an average United side and teams like QPR, Swansea and West Ham away, we were in danger then. I can remember fans on toffee web, whinging that Moyes didn't make more effort to win games away at teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and the RS. People who complained about Moyes being negative, at one time we had Yakubu, AJ, Anichebe, Vaughan and McFadden, not too mention players like Cahill, Pienaar and After a who were creative. Now we have an unfit DCL, and Maupay, Moyes was intelligent enough to bring in Jelavic when we needed a striker. Anichebe was actually in his best form, when Martinez sold him. Even in Koemanns first season we put in some of the worst performances I've ever seen as a blue.

I think the problem with the protests is that there doesn’t seem to be a unilateral opinion on what should happen - we all know what we want and that’s better results on the pitch.

It just feels like the action people want taken varies between getting rid of Lampard, getting rid of Kenwright, getting rid of Moshiri etc.

I think the thing most people will agree on is wanting Kenwright out, but I imagine there’s still reluctance from other supporters for that.

I think the most important thing we should try to achieve is getting the board to be more transparent about who’s making decisions on what, and why. That’ll be key to actually unifying towards decisions we want to take place in the club

In terms of the protests: the only thing that matters right now is unity and getting those 25 points that will get us safe.

Anything that gets in the way of that is a dangerous distraction. Protests should be aimed at one thing only right now: getting players into the club.

Demanding the removal of a board and owner in this precarious moment is a luxury we dont have. That's necessary - VERY NECESSARY - but now it is a distraction and it will run the risk of weakening our survival effforts...I think that's what fans got last season when the 27th Minute group received minimal support from most fans. Those fans instinctively knew that we had to be in lock step with each other for those players to perform and get us safe.

If they don't protest the status quo Continue's.
Fans get behind them every week we are still looking like going down
As long as they don't. Boo them before or during the game .
Which nobody is asking them to do , now and every other chance they get is the right time.
The club want you to put pressure on your fellow fan as it gets them off the hook.
OK we have an arrival thing before the game , cheer , on the lads for 90 minutes, we get beat by a goal off one Southamptons new signing it's the winner.
What good has that done.
Just shut up and wait again , for when we are in even deeper poo and say the same thing?
Don't fall for it .

There will be a welcome Saturday but last season was special caused by a culmination of factors but also it was draining . To think the fanbase can suddenly just turn that on again having had nothing from the side , nothing but fairly abject performances other than creditable draws against city and the RS feels misguided.

If they’d given us a season or two , or even a couple of performances maybe it’d have been easier but the club can’t expect the match going fans to save the day without encouragement . Let’s face it on national radio the owner has actually blamed the fans for the situation, maybe the playing staff could actually do their bit and if they did maybe the fans will find if a little bit easier to get behind them .

I very much dislike this line of thinking.

You can't protest when things are going well, because people won't back it. "Why are you protesting, we're flying high in 8th"

You can't protest when we're mid table because "what do you expect from this squad" , "we're a mid table team"

You can't protest when bottom of the table because it might hurt the lionhearted players confidence.

This is the second time in 12 months we're fighting relegation. The club has been on a downward trajectory for over a decade. Protests should have been happening and not stopped until there is actual change i.e. the board removed and replaced with competent people or Moshiri sells to some who will do that.

If they don't protest the status quo Continue's.
Fans get behind them every week we are still looking like going down
As long as they don't. Boo them before or during the game .
Which nobody is asking them to do , now and every other chance they get is the right time.
The club want you to put pressure on your fellow fan as it gets them off the hook.
OK we have an arrival thing before the game , cheer , on the lads for 90 minutes, we get beat by a goal off one Southamptons new signing it's the winner.
What good has that done.
Just shut up and wait again , for when we are in even deeper poo and say the same thing?
Don't fall for it .
Yeah, we have done the back the team bolloxs for 28 long years and its got us nowhere.

Now is not the time for holding hands and signing hymns.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back