Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Has Moshiri had enough? Is that why we have no money to spend, not because of FFP but Moshiri not wanting to fund any further losses.

It feels as if he cant be bothered with it anymore and he might be leaving this manager in place because he doesn`t want to pay to sack him.

Which might make sense BUT he is set to lose many millions more if we go down......
I think you should be replacing the Moshiri with Usmanov mate. Folk can dress it up as much as they want but I think it was pretty obvious who has been funding us the last few years. As soon as the Putin thing started the whole ethos of this club changed, Moshiri all of a sudden 'took a back seat' highly inflated sponsorship deals vanished, there wasn't the same feeling towards the team. It's all just become about getting the stadium finished so they can get their money back. If they were actually arsed about this club they would put some effort into running it properly but they won't because they don't want too.

He's created a perfect storm here

We are about to get relegated. We have a ton of rubbish players on huge wages who will want to stay and keep their contracts. Our few good players are nearing the end of contracts so will have to be sold on the cheap. We have made enormous losses over recent years. We are building a stadium that will £750+ million according to his recent Talksport interview. We will not be able to afford the costs of the stadium as a championship club and will presumably have long term debt due to the construction of the ground.

We are much more likely to go down to league 1 next rather than get promoted back to the top flight. This club is in a dreadful mess, and the owner is responsible for it. He has made me embarassed to say I support this club.

See I thought we had bought or payed off the FFP, so we could go again, but he doesn't seem to want to. Which means either the well is dry or he doesn't want too spend anymore, in which case sell, just go, your not getting your money back you've blown and it was his own fault.

Something has to give, we can't go.anotger 7 days with no signings, no resignations, same manager.... something has to give

With FFP, the year we lost just over £100m comes off the calculation to be replaced by the accounts from June 22 which hasn`t been released yet... So we could be better off from that point of view but we have also profited from trimming the squad wages wise and transfer fees, only the club will know what that looks like as we speak.

It is no secret Moshiri wants out, that might be why he has turned the tap off.

Agree something needs to give this week....

I think you should be replacing the Moshiri with Usmanov mate. Folk can dress it up as much as they want but I think it was pretty obvious who has been funding us the last few years. As soon as the Putin thing started the whole ethos of this club changed, Moshiri all of a sudden 'took a back seat' highly inflated sponsorship deals vanished, there wasn't the same feeling towards the team. It's all just become about getting the stadium finished so they can get their money back. If they were actually arsed about this club they would put some effort into running it properly but they won't because they don't want too.
Agree Moshiri has stepped right back Randy Lerner style. Mosh is Usmanov's front man I don't believe for a second this guy invested in us on his own he was clearly working with Usmanov the war in Russia has turned the taps off

I think the penny is dropping with him tonight, he can’t be this stupid.

I expect change tomorrow.
You'd have more luck expecting to wake up between two supermodels. Moshiri wont give two fecks about a group of people singing songs and waiving banners, in his mind it's just another fan moan he's seen a dozen times before. He'll take one look at the table, see we are at the half way point only 2 points off 14th and say "no biggie, no panic, plenty of time to pick up a few results", then go about his day as normal without a second thought about it.

Just out of curiosity; what trick do you use to sell a club losing £100m a year with an outstanding £500m to build a stadium
It's a hunch.

I don't have a jar of glue.

Maybe him and his friends are masters of pulling down the pants of the tax man.... I dunno.

Maybe if we stay up and the stadium gets built - we get bought for a heafty price tag from a consortium.

Who. Knows.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back