Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri never seemed like he much enjoyed owning a football club. He's not a quant like the lot who own the Red Sox and the RS, who look at sports as another forum for exploiting their mathematical formulae as a tool for world domination. He's not a sentimental jock-sniffer like Kenwright who seems like he'd secretly pay to be the kit-man and beer-vendor at some non-league side, he so loves to be around the lads in the dressing room.

So I always wondered what's in it for him.

I fear that the answer can be found in one clue, which is the date upon which Moshiri went from being rarely seen and heard, to never. Which is when Usmanov and other Russian oligarchs and companies were given the bum's rush, upon the Ukraine invasion.

It really does seem as if Moshiri was only Usmanov's factotum, doesn't it.

That's really not good.

The only thing worse than a (dumb American private equity/filthy petrodollar money launderer/retrograde human rights violator/other undesirable owner) owner, is an absentee (same).

So, on this report:

I was right unfortunately.

Moshiri was/is Usmanovs front.

So he’s got no interest now.

Maybe the best thing would be for the FA to force a sale like with Chelsea. Even to some Yank private equity fund who wants to line us up in a 4-4-3 to kick a touchdown at the All Star Game. Guys like that at least fire people.

So, on this report:

I was right unfortunately.

Moshiri was/is Usmanovs front.

So he’s got no interest now.

Maybe the best thing would be for the FA to force a sale like with Chelsea. Even to some Yank private equity fund who wants to line us up in a 4-4-3 to kick a touchdown at the All Star Game. Guys like that at least fire people.
Forcing a sale would be the actions of a club that was openly and honestly owned by a Russian Olegarch. I am sure there are other more serious consequences for those hiding it during sanctions.

Not that they have any proof, it’s just more mud being flung at us. These accusations were made ages ago, just a nothing story being re surfaced for clicks.

Shame Andy Gray made himself persona non grata on UK tv as he’s the only one that’s speaking sense:

“To turn around this week and say these fans who grew up with blue blood, and if you cut them they bleed blue, 'It's your fault I've been sacking a series of managers' Are you for real? It is his fault for appointing the wrong people. It's a scandal."

Shame Andy Gray made himself persona non grata on UK tv as he’s the only one that’s speaking sense:

“To turn around this week and say these fans who grew up with blue blood, and if you cut them they bleed blue, 'It's your fault I've been sacking a series of managers' Are you for real? It is his fault for appointing the wrong people. It's a scandal."
Speaking out was probably one of the reasons TV cut him

As I said yesterday

I said it from the off.

Usmanov was pulling the strings, clearly he expected some of the sanctions (or something to that degree) to come along, so didn’t want to put his name down, cause it’s gone then.

He’s done it with various other items where Farhad is the owner having been transferred over.

Stunk for a long time.

He cops flack from some quarters does Gray but I see a lot of him on BeIn Sports and the man is constantly referencing "my club, Everton".

Richard Keys it was that said that not Gray, btw.

With Usmanov, we shouldn't be surprised there is a lot to unravel.

We all got excited when Moshiri arrived and we all expected Usmanov to join him at Everton this didn't happen and thankfully so. What we were left
with though, well we all read what Moshiri wrote in his recent communication and we all heard him talking to 'Jim'. He's not the complete set is he?

We have the dummy and the ventriloquist stayed in the background.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back