Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He hasn’t lost a penny yet, he is owed back every penny he has ‘invested’ as he’s loaded it on to the club as interest free loans. If we get relegated then the value of the club will drop, so he will lose that but those millions he’s put in remain owed to him.

We will be the ones paying him back, he’s lost us money.

He only gets his money back if he sells us for how much he is in for. With that and the stadium costs he'd need over a billion. No one is paying that for us currently.

When I wake up and check on here I'm half expecting to read that Goodison has burnt down in mysterious circumstances.

I'm very ignorant about this, but I wonder why the super-rich get involved in football. I can't believe it's finanically worth the hassle, when you are already stupidly wealthy. The likes of the the Qatari's I understand, as it's about "the brand". And maybe if you're a supporter and want the best for your club (not many of those around now though I think). Can anyone help me to understand?

Can’t believe he’s got so much riding on the new stadium that he would sit there idle, watching us just drop into the abyss without putting up some sort of fight.
Imagine having that much money that you can sink in as much as he* has and be willing to lose it all by being stubborn enough to let us get relegated to prove a point to people he will never meet, many of whom are trying to scrape enough cash to get by each week. Blows my mind.

*mosh or whoever is actually funding it

Imagine having that much money that you can sink in as much as he* has and be willing to lose it all by being stubborn enough to let us get relegated to prove a point to people he will never meet, many of whom are trying to scrape enough cash to get by each week. Blows my mind.

*mosh or whoever is actually funding it
I don’t think he would or is likely to do that due to those reasons. That’s proper playground stuff, the man isn’t an idiot, despite that being the opinion of a load of fans of Everton.

Last edited:
I don’t think he would or is likely to do that due to those reasons. That’s proper playground stuff, the man isn’t an idiot, despite that being the opinion of a load of fans of Everton.
I can only judge based off what he has said though. And from his comments last week, he is doubling down on the board and Lampard and looking to place the blame on the fans for the situation we are in. Which would indicate he is willing to let relegation happen and take a huge hit.

I can only judge based off what he has said though. And from his comments last week, he is doubling down on the board and Lampard and looking to place the blame on the fans for the situation we are in. Which would indicate he is willing to let relegation happen and take a huge hit.
That was my take as well

A case of “I wanted the mad hatter because my agent mates told me, you lot protested, so deal with the consequences”

No doubt his heart isn't in the football but I assume he would want to keep his money.

I also assume McNeil, Maupay and Onana were the extent of our regular spending following the sale of Richarlison. 2 out of 3 of those were poor purchases again but it's too late now.

Where to get money to fund another management team and recruits ? and stay within FFP.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back