Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We need him out, a new manager in, and a forward.
Scary thing is with the way these idiots are running the club, we somehow get a result on Saturday which we all desperately want and need and then these guys will probably keep him on. He would then need to win 7 more of the last 18 just to get us to get us to 36 points. The reality is the guy could literally lose the next 18 after Saturday.

It should never have got to this point and he needs to go regardless of Saturdays result imo. The gamble is too risky.

Will make an interesting full time at west ham

If west ham win moyes will be dreaming of a return under Billy

If everton win lampard will just shrug as the next match will be his death nail

Why the prolonging. I hope we sign quality this window but the longer it goes on we'll just get clubs rejects

I don't want to believe that, there's enough negativity around at the moment.
Mate, we're a basket case of a club as it is, even as a premier league club, take our premier league status away, add in our appalling debts plus the cost of paying back for the new ground, then, we would be finished.

Relegation would not, in any way, shape or form, be a good thing. In fact, the only small crumb of comfort that could possibly come from relegation is the fact that it would cost Moshiri untold millions. Petty I know, but, I would take some consolation from it.

Scary thing is with the way these idiots are running the club, we somehow get a result on Saturday which we all desperately want and need and then these guys will probably keep him on. He would then need to win 7 more of the last 18 just to get us to get us to 36 points. The reality is the guy could literally lose the next 18 after Saturday.

It should never have got to this point and he needs to go regardless of Saturdays result imo. The gamble is too risky.
IMO the priority is as much new attacking addition(s) as a new manager.

I think we'll get a player or two and the quality will be questionable...but then again, all those we 've been associated with this January haven't been players I'd particularly want.

We just need to roll the dice and see if we get lucky with one or two signings.

A new manager gives a reset. No matter how much they're rated. Look at Burnley putting the caretaker in charge last season. They almost did it and pulled off safety from a far worse position than Lampard's successor will face.

Bottom line is we have to do something in terms of change in the dugout and additions to the squad.

I think after the West Ham defeat that happens. We'll have 10 days to sort those two matters out.

And if you where a prospective buyer you would be waiting to see if you are buying a Premier League Club in May.
There will be interested buyers for the club whether we stay up or go down in my view. But there will be no interested parties until they know what league we will play in.

Its not that we will have no interest if we go down. Its that investors want clarity and our position is anything but clear right now. I can't read the future but I'd be surprised if the club hadn't been sold before the end of 2024.

Mate, we're a basket case of a club as it is, even as a premier league club, take our premier league status away, add in our appalling debts plus the cost of paying back for the new ground, then, we would be finished.

Relegation would not, in any way, shape or form, be a good thing. In fact, the only small crumb of comfort that could possibly come from relegation is the fact that it would cost Moshiri untold millions. Petty I know, but, I would take some consolation from it.
I completely agree.

We’re desperate to stay up and I’m desperate for us to stay up, have never said otherwise.

We’re in huge debt and have players on ridiculous contracts, added to that the drop in revenue from going down a division and it will spiral out of control.

The original post I responded to was ‘why isn’t Moshiri doing anything?’. Who knows, but as risky as it would be, I suggested a possible scenario of him clearing as much deadwood and high wages as possible, so someone will buy the club and see what’s left with an amazing new stadium as a potential to make a massive profit if done correctly.

What I would like is for Moshiri to chuck as much cash to save us now, but I don’t think he’s got any and it was never him in control, now Usmanov is out the picture we’re screwed. So that leaves us scrambling for loans with no one wanting to join us.

It’s a huge mess, extremely worrying and I don’t think Lampard is capable of getting us out of it.

So if the worst happens, then my hope is we get rid of as much as we can, as quickly as we can, still managing to to come straight back up with smart recruitment and a new manager.

Everton going down could lead to a long hard road back, if ever, but it’s not an inevitability and I’m going to stay positive and hope for the best if we do.

I completely agree.

We’re desperate to stay up and I’m desperate for us to stay up, have never said otherwise.

We’re in huge debt and have players on ridiculous contracts, added to that the drop in revenue from going down a division and it will spiral out of control.

The original post I responded to was ‘why isn’t Moshiri doing anything?’. Who knows, but as risky as it would be, I suggested a possible scenario of him clearing as much deadwood and high wages as possible, so someone will buy the club and see what’s left with an amazing new stadium as a potential to make a massive profit if done correctly.

What I would like is for Moshiri to chuck as much cash to save us now, but I don’t think he’s got any and it was never him in control, now Usmanov is out the picture we’re screwed. So that leaves us scrambling for loans with no one wanting to join us.

It’s a huge mess, extremely worrying and I don’t think Lampard is capable of getting us out of it.

So if the worst happens, then my hope is we get rid of as much as we can, as quickly as we can, still managing to to come straight back up with smart recruitment and a new manager.

Everton going down could lead to a long hard road back, if ever, but it’s not an inevitability and I’m going to stay positive and hope for the best if we do.
everton go down and won’t ever come back

I wouldn't say that, but what I would absolutely say is if Everton go down, they will be no better than any other squad in the Championship and it will take a lot of luck to come up within the first few years.
Agree with that. Horrible slog of a league. I can’t see the current squad hacking it to be honest given that they are not known for being up for hard work and a battle. Anyway, the squad will no doubt look radically different if we do go down

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back