Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
So Echo are saying Robert Earl has DEFINITELY been bought out, and that Kenwright and Woods shareholding has been diluted.

So of the 49.9% Moshiri has bought, 23% of it was Earl's.

If the rest of it, the 26.9%, was diluted equally between Kenwright and Woods, then that would be a 13.45% reduction each, and would leave Kenwright on 12% (down from 25%) and Woods on 6% (down from 19%).

So basically the new board make up would be:

Moshiri 49.9%
Kenwright 12%
Woods 6%
Minority shareholders 32.1%

So Echo are saying Robert Earl has DEFINITELY been bought out, and that Kenwright and Woods shareholding has been diluted.

So of the 49.9% Moshiri has bought, 23% of it was Earl's.

If the rest of it, the 26.9%, was diluted equally between Kenwright and Woods, then that would be a 13.45% reduction each, and would leave Kenwright on 12% (down from 25%) and Woods on 6% (down from 19%).

So basically the new board make up would be:

Moshiri 49.9%
Kenwright 12%
Woods 6%
Minority shareholders 32.1%
Saw this picture online somewhere an hour or so ago, I'm sure it's not true right now, but the "before" thing seems normal-ish?
12801497_946010418819572_752139524161304142_n.jpg

Wow. So much we could all write today and want to say.

Its 9am here in Alaska, I just woke up after a quite peaceful (my two young sons were good last night) but optimistic nights sleep. I say optimistic because when I went to be 7 hours ago, there were, just like the last 20 years or so, rumors flying around that something great was about to happen to mine/our beloved football club. Now we had all heard it before, the false reports, idle promises etc etc. Then came the recent USA rumors - very strong ones as well, and we were all very optimistic, albeit cautiously. Was that a smoke screen? Who knows. Like transfer rumors, they can spring up from nowhere, have so many believing in them and then only to pan out as absolute tosh.

Well its true this time. Quite true. There are still questions, and of course the proof of whether or not this is what we have been looking for to take us to the next level, but EFC have money behind them. A lot of money. What is done with that money remains to be seen and we can all hope and dream of an improved Goodison or new stadium, the ability to attract the worlds best players to add to our already great team (yeah we are really, be honest folks, we are just a little rough around the edges).

It took time, but does anyone else feel REALLY proud? Just think about the deal - and of course we do not, and may never know the full details, to me thogh I feel like we have played a blinder here. Only 49.9% sold? Kenwright still around - love him or hate him he is an Evertonian who freakin LOVES the club, no denying that. So the loyalty, heart and soul remain, BUT WITH MONEY to go along with it? It took so long, but Bill kept saying he wanted to find the ABSOLUTE best deal for Everton. Maybe, just maybe this time that was not bullshit.

Did I cry, am I emotional when it comes to the Blues? You are damn right I did/am, I have been an Evertonian for the full 47 years of my life, no questions asked. I have seen glories that are hard to describe to Blues fans who unfortunately missed them. I cried at Highbury and Wembley in 1984 (gushed actually), I cried so many times during the 1984-1987 seasons I cant even remember, mostly joyous ones, some utter despair. Dont even go there v Wimbledon and Coventry. I cried again this morning at the news. Thats who I am, I care deeply for the fortunes of my beloved Everton.

Its difficult supporting a team from afar. Am I still loyal? Don't anyone ever insult me by asking me that. If work and family had not forced me away from Crosby (in a good way I may add) in 1995 I would be holding my 33rd straight season ticket. If I ever move back to the UK, it would be the first thing I would buy.

So, over to you Bill, Farhad, lets see what you can do now. Love him or hate him, Blue Bill has kept this club afloat through some desperately difficult times. He has delivered on a promise he made a long time ago, I truly believe that.

Welcome, Farhard Moshiri, to the single most fantastical sports club on the planet. We are ace, friendly, ambitious, frustrated and deluded at times too, but myself and every other Evertonian around the world would like to welcome you. Please, PLEASE take care of our club, and do not turn us into a Man City, Chlesea, Liverpool etc. We care more than their fans do.

COYB.
Brilliant post mate, must've been ace to wake up to this

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back