Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Delighted with this news , its everything we as fans have wanted for a very long time.
This guy is very successful in and around the world of finance with a working knowledge of the Premier league.
One thing that we all should be grateful of is this is no "leaverage buyout" I must admit I was dreading a takeover of this type.
There are a few with concerns that he has only purchased 49.9% shares , I'm sure there is a plausible reason for this. Maybe its Bills terms to make sure the new man fulfills his commiment to the club before giving him total control.There has to be a transition period and I'm sure this is why Bill is staying on a while longer.
Ive read Moshiri's wealth to be anything from 1.3 billion to close on 2 billion this coupled with his accumen puts us in very safe hands.
This really is a momentous day for us and the club , really looking forward to see this guy put this club back on the Top Table...its been a long time coming.

This actually is a good point regarding Kenwright staying on the board and maybe he would only sanction the deal for starters at 49.9% .

We seen what happened with the RS when they finally sold and it was classed as a money grabber because he took the dollar and didn't do any research on Hicks and Gillette.

Interesting. So it's only Earl that has sold up and BK & Woods retain a reduced shareholding according to that. Here's the full text of it:

American businessman leaves board as Bill Kenwright and Jon Woods reduce shares in club

Robert Earl has sold his shares as part of the deal to bring businessman Farhad Moshiri to Everton .

And Bill Kenwright and Jon Woods have reduced their stake at Goodison to allow the Iranian investor Moshiri to become the majority shareholder.

Moshiri is poised to take a 49.9% stake in the Blues but is awaiting Premier League ratification.

Earl owned roughly 24% of Everton and along with Kenwright (26%) and Woods (19%) held the controlling interest.

But Moshiri will now come in as the biggest single shareholder after Earl offloaded his shares.

Everton will not release the exact make-up of the restructured shareholding until 60-year-old Moshiri’s purchase has been cleared by the authorities.

But by becoming the biggest single shareholder at the club, Moshiri will be seen as the new ‘de-facto’ owner of Everton, even though no one person owns the club.

Kenwright will remain as chairman and Woods will stay on as part of a newly formed three-man board at Goodison.

CcPxpVQWEAIAQFq.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back