Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I've got a feeling we're going to be snapped up by someone very rich, and they boot Kenwright. It's just a hunch. But the amount of money in football these days, and the people looking to invest- we have too much potential as a going concern for buyers not to be interested

Could you imagine if Henry or Glazer announced a "top investor" was close to buying a stake in RS/Utd - the media would be going into a frenzy.

I know you asked me the other day, if Qatar were about to buy Liverpool, and I said no, and they clearly werent. This is after Saudi were about to, and Dubai were about to. All of this off the back of relatively junior journalists sticking a tweet out.

In a way, I'm glad it hasnt been reported all over. It may be a bluff from Moshiri, but I'm not sure he would massively feel the need.

FWIW I can see a world where a minority investment happens, which becomes a full takeover once the ground is completed.

Crazy how the media haven't really picked up/reported on Moshers confirming a deal is close to bringing investors into the club.

Just shows most journo's only focus on 5 minute clips or clickbait articles from other reporters/news outlets to form their reports.
Or maybe they don't believe him. We do have a board that are not always completely truthful, I don't believe Moshiri is renowned for his openness and honesty either.

I've got a feeling we're going to be snapped up by someone very rich, and they boot Kenwright. It's just a hunch. But the amount of money in football these days, and the people looking to invest- we have too much potential as a going concern for buyers not to be interested
In a weird, hanging your dirty laundry out in public, kind of way, all of this publicity is actually good for us in terms of alerting potential buyers. As Oscar Wilde said, "there's only one thing worse than people talking about you: people not talking about you."

Thinking about that video again...

Another thing that's so strange about it is the absence of the manager in the discussion.

We know it was recorded prior to Lampard's sacking, so either it was edited to remove any reference to him, or Moshiri deliberately didn't mention him because he knew he was going to sack him.

Not an especially significant observation, but it was strange the managerial merry go round wasn't more central to the conversation.

I`d say that the fact, that we`ve been speaking to Belisia, prior to the West Ham game, suggests that the absence of the manager in the discussion, was quite deliberate.

I know you asked me the other day, if Qatar were about to buy Liverpool, and I said no, and they clearly werent. This is after Saudi were about to, and Dubai were about to. All of this off the back of relatively junior journalists sticking a tweet out.

In a way, I'm glad it hasnt been reported all over. It may be a bluff from Moshiri, but I'm not sure he would massively feel the need.

FWIW I can see a world where a minority investment happens, which becomes a full takeover once the ground is completed.
#chairmancahill ?

Was interesting when he mentioned the investors have sports expertise and access to global sponsers.

Would suggest these investors are well renowned and not just some cowboys like Mr Planet Hollywood.

Or maybe they don't believe him. We do have a board that are not always completely truthful, I don't believe Moshiri is renowned for his openness and honesty either.

More fool them really.

Moshiri has no reason to lie in a video to the fans about being close to securing an investor.

Kenwright lied for years on the basis of "im looking 24/7 but I just can't find anyone" whilst clubs all around us were being taken over.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back