Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
MSP will have 7 seats on the board. Will be the majority voting interest from day one.
7 (seven)

Can't see that.

Don't get me wrong, I can see room for 7 if it was a clean sweep and a full buyout, but as MSP are widely reported as looking at a minority holding for now, I'd say 2 or 3 at the most.
New investors are certainly welcome. However, I am concerned about how to deal with the debt of our club. If we want to spend again to upgrade the squad, we have to deal with the loss.
It's an issue. We're allowed to spend again (no massively) but without some capital in the form of a shareholder loan (Like Moshiri provided twice) it's hard to see where the money comes from.

I don't think we get news on any sanctions until at least early 2024 so if we want to spend it probably needs to be this summer.

A consortium is never a good idea.

For all his faults Moshiri and his mate gave us funds to compete with the best.

We're now going to accept being on Bournemouths level.
We’re all worried that we mightn’t be able to beat 14th placed Bournemouth. At home. On the last day. This board has taken us actually below Bournemouth’s level.

MSP will have 7 seats on the board. Will be the majority voting interest from day one.

MSP, have asked for 3 seats on the board.

For them to have 7 seats, they’d have all of their directors on board, which would be crazy.

It’s conflicting who would join the board, but seems certain that Jeff Moorad and Pete Taylor certainly would, the other would be Najafi himself or Sharon Hwang.

That still gives them a significant say in the boardroom, which is a positive.

Unless something has changed in the last week or so that appears to be their stance since their interest emerged.

Just realised I sound like the Esk 🤢.

A consortium is never a good idea.

For all his faults Moshiri and his mate gave us funds to compete with the best.

We're now going to accept being on Bournemouths level.

Normally I’d agree.

But in Najafi and Moorad, they’ve got two experienced individuals with huge knowledge of Sporting Franchises, and how to run them tightly but maximise profits.

The likes of Hwang, are solidly educated at Yale and so on, they’re smart they have an understanding of how business works…

So no more Theatre Bill, or Uzbekistan Oligarch Puppets.

Would it really be horrendous if they held us for 5 years, turned us sustainable and flipped us for a huge profit? We all want the gulf state, but the Gulf state money won’t come to a train wreck.

I thought he was just looking for investment and to shake up the board. Not selling completely. I definitely don’t want a yank consortium in control.
We need more investment and all agree on the much needed changes to the board but I don’t won’t to lose our maverick Iranian billionaire just yet. Can’t fault his investment over the years.

We do have a new stadium. Will give us some credibility to serious investers

Sort ourselves off the pitch and we should be at least be competing like a West Ham even without Usmanov's billions. They've had a poor season but are in a European final and have qualified the Europe via the league the previous couple of seasons. They're not even particularly well run either off the pitch.

I thought he was just looking for investment and to shake up the board. Not selling completely. I definitely don’t want a yank consortium in control.
We need more investment and all agree on the much needed changes to the board but I don’t won’t to lose our maverick Iranian billionaire just yet. Can’t fault his investment over the years.
I cannot agree with the sentiment ,he has invested poorly ,in fact downright stupidly .We don't need that from him .His time has run at this club .I want whoever is going to take us forward ,would you have what they have over the park? Would you like to be in their position with a Yank running it from afar ? I certainly would .
There would be no sign he would "invest " further if he dilutes his share holding ,I used the word invest very loosely as his money has been far from that .
What we need is someone hungry to turn us into a saleable asset ,that would mean finishing well up the league and possibly a cup.

MSP, have asked for 3 seats on the board.

For them to have 7 seats, they’d have all of their directors on board, which would be crazy.

It’s conflicting who would join the board, but seems certain that Jeff Moorad and Pete Taylor certainly would, the other would be Najafi himself or Sharon Hwang.

That still gives them a significant say in the boardroom, which is a positive.

Unless something has changed in the last week or so that appears to be their stance since their interest emerged.

Just realised I sound like the Esk 🤢.
Their board members don’t have to be from the actual of board of MSP or 777, just their appointments.

Sorry im very confused here.

Firstly, are we or arent we getting sold or are we getting investment via a PARTIAL sale (Mosh retains over 50%)

Secondly, is it 777 or MSP

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back