Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Like where? Mars?

What will happen, in time, is the PL will find a way to own and broadcast their own content. The content they currently sell to Sky etc etc.
They 100% can find a way - it's not the difficult part. Sky offer ready distribution and give them money instead of the PL having to make everything about the broadcasting from the ground up. Until they absolutely need to - probably easier to do exactly what they're currently doing at no risk and guaranteed gains.

They 100% can find a way - it's not the difficult part. Sky offer ready distribution and give them money instead of the PL having to make everything about the broadcasting from the ground up. Until they absolutely need to - probably easier to do exactly what they're currently doing at no risk and guaranteed gains.

Quite. Stick to your knitting. For now.

But it isnt a huge jump from what happens now, to a global PLTV (in association with Sky) with all the other broadcasters left twiddling their thumbs is it?

Like I am reasonably sure that there are only 2 or 3 countries on the planet where you cannot (legally) watch any PL game live. The UK, and somewhere like North Korea. All those viewers pay someone somewhere to do so. Its wholesale versus retail basically.

But it isnt a huge jump from what happens now, to a global PLTV (in association with Sky) with all the other broadcasters left twiddling their thumbs is it?

Like I am reasonably sure that there are only 2 or 3 countries on the planet where you cannot (legally) watch any PL game live. The UK, and somewhere like North Korea. All those viewers pay someone somewhere to do so. Its wholesale versus retail basically.
With the money thrown at this and all the broadcasting companies what honestly shocks me is still matches being picked for TV lol

COVID showed that there are already cameras there and showing every game on demand was very easily doable, so why did everyone forget about that instantly?

Also the TV schedule for games here is whatever Sky says as they distribute the rights FWIW. Same as everywhere else, that's why it's good when other broadcasters contest and get games off them, even if it's partial (for certain weekends or teams etc.).

Leeds vs Man City is on tomorrow at 3pm for the first time, there is still plenty of scope for a 3pm subscription service of sorts, it will happen eventually imo.

With the money thrown at this and all the broadcasting companies what honestly shocks me is still matches being picked for TV lol

COVID showed that there are already cameras there and showing every game on demand was very easily doable, so why did everyone forget about that instantly?

I quit my BT Sport this morning. Realised I was watching like a game per month with it these days.

I quit my BT Sport this morning. Realised I was watching like a game per month with it these days.
We have a service here that's basically the same as BT probably is, PPV so friends ask me why I don't have it.

Arsed giving X amount (whatever it was) per month/year so I can watch at most 1 Everton game haha

All of those are absolute scams imho.

We have a service here that's basically the same as BT probably is, PPV so friends ask me why I don't have it.

Arsed giving X amount (whatever it was) per month/year so I can watch at most 1 Everton game haha

All of those are absolute scams imho.

Yeh my BT Internet + Sport went up to £88 this month. For the amount of football they actually give me now it's just not worth it.

Took German footie off me, they have 1 PL game per week (dinner time KO), if that, then the odd week like last that had all the games.

On topic: Moshiri is a rubbish owner.

Yeh my BT Internet + Sport went up to £88 this month. For the amount of football they actually give me now it's just not worth it.

Took German footie off me, they have 1 PL game per week (dinner time KO), if that, then the odd week like last that had all the games.

On topic: Moshiri is a rubbish owner.
Shocked clubs don't fight for their own rights and broadcast full games to be honest.

Much like City et al. do for friendlies, FOR FREE UNLIKE EVERTON, but regular season games that aren't "picked for TV".

Also the TV schedule for games here is whatever Sky says as they distribute the rights FWIW. Same as everywhere else, that's why it's good when other broadcasters contest and get games off them, even if it's partial (for certain weekends or teams etc.).

Exactly. Every single EFL game was on some PAYG streaming service during Covid. £10.00 pm and watch Cambridge United to your hearts content. No idea about the quality, hence "in association with Sky". But swap Cambridge United for the entire, global audience for the PL, well, that is essentially the model folk cleverer than me are talking about. And folk as daft as me can see it easily.

Shocked clubs don't fight for their own rights and broadcast full games to be honest.

Much like City et al. do for friendlies, FOR FREE UNLIKE EVERTON, but regular season games that aren't "picked for TV".

RM and Barcelona did that. Ergo, their league is a bore fest. The collective PL arrangement is the way to go. Makes the whole thing more attractive.

RM and Barcelona did that. Ergo, their league is a bore fest. The collective PL arrangement is the way to go. Makes the whole thing more attractive.
I'd love to see a modified version of the American NBA model - local broadcasters having the rights to home games and all. Obviously to be tweaked for football friendliness (and for the fact that you don't really have local TV stations like in the USA obviously), can even be marketed as home or home+away as a package or whatever, the possibilities are endless on that, and you can still keep Sky showing their crappy studio and pundits regardless of that.

Like where? Mars?

What will happen, in time, is the PL will find a way to own and broadcast their own content. The content they currently sell to Sky etc etc.

Not necessarily new markets in terms of location.

Like the example youve given would be a new market for the PL. Theres an enormous amount of opportunity on a global scale with no real chance of saturation.

Thats because its more than likely going to remain at the top of the tree in terms of football quality.

Whose to say that there wont be PL boots, trainers etc exclusively selling their teams products before long.

Just never know.

Not necessarily new markets in terms of location.

Like the example youve given would be a new market for the PL. Theres an enormous amount of opportunity on a global scale with no real chance of saturation.

Thats because its more than likely going to remain at the top of the tree in terms of football quality.

Whose to say that there wont be PL boots, trainers etc exclusively selling their teams products before long.

Just never know.

Thats a fair take Zat. Different ways of monetising the PL.

Here in Australia you can watch any game live on tv. Just subscribe to Optus and tune in. Still have to put up with planks like Jim beglin on commentary
It’s amazing that other than play for Liverpool you can be a run of the mill player and ply your punditry skills everywhere suck is the reach of the PL. The only thing I ever remember about Jim Beglin was him breaking his leg at Goodison in a weeknight match

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back