Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Thing is who is going to invest when we still don't know what league we will be in next season, if we are going to face any issues over FFP such as points deducted, but most of all, who is going to invest with Moshiri when his association with Usmanov isn't going away and we don't know what else might come out.
Investors don't necessarily look at the short term (relegation, ffp potential penalty). More importantly is the long term return based on the fan based, the history of the club, the facilities, the brand...whilst short term can be used by investors to drive the price down (more equity in exchange), it is not the defining thing that will decide if we are getting or not an investment. There is huge potential for competent people to make a very decent return in their investment.

Investors don't necessarily look at the short term (relegation, ffp potential penalty). More importantly is the long term return based on the fan based, the history of the club, the facilities, the brand...whilst short term can be used by investors to drive the price down (more equity in exchange), it is not the defining thing that will decide if we are getting or not an investment. There is huge potential for competent people to make a very decent return in their investment.
Yeah this is true, plus anything in the Premier League can be a money spinner, if you want to get involved not many clubs for sale, apart from United

Exactly, even seats on the board is nonsense, who is going to agree to that knowing Moshiri is still part of Usmanovs group, only someone corrupt, last thing we need.
Full sweep of the lot we need and a full re set and build.
Yeah, it sounds like 777 might be more in favour of a full takeover, and while any change of ownership comes with risks I agree the full sweep is needed to turn the club around. I guess with all the trouble on and off the field Moshiri will maybe feel the walls closing in (especially with the continued scrutiny of his "arrangement" with Usmanov), and decide to get out with what he can get. Maybe even investors who initially were looking at a minor stake might see the opportunity for full control instead.

Yeah, it sounds like 777 might be more in favour of a full takeover, and while any change of ownership comes with risks I agree the full sweep is needed to turn the club around. I guess with all the trouble on and off the field Moshiri will maybe feel the walls closing in (especially with the continued scrutiny of his "arrangement" with Usmanov), and decide to get out with what he can get. Maybe even investors who initially were looking at a minor stake might see the opportunity for full control instead.
Yeah we need more eyes and articles like the Guardian one talking about the Usmanov connection, hopefully some firm links between him and Everton can be found and it helps fast track Moshiri out.
What I really fear is Farhad just wanting to hang on, maybe even like Kenwright did TBF, he might need some legal persuasion from the Government to get out, like the Chelsea owner.

Yeah, no matter what the current issues are they will be looking at the ability to grow out of them, and as grim as things are at the moment the path to growth as a business and a club is clear, because it's already half built. And if the opportunity comes to get a piece of it at a reduced price while we're struggling I don't think there will be a shortage of interest.

what’s all this mean then investors etc
In 2022, one of 777’s managing directors Juan Arciniegas told Norton Rose Fulbright, external that the clubs they had invested in all had strong identities and connections with their fans that go beyond sporting performance – something the tribal core of Everton’s fanbase could relate to.

There definitely an identity to the clubs 777 are getting involved with, mostly clubs in big catchment areas with a bit of history and pedigree that are maybe not on their uppers just now- by and large they are "proper" clubs you'd be happy for Everton to be associated with. Funnily enough, Genoa, who they are already in with, have the fourth most Italian league titles with 9. The team with the fourth most English titles, also with 9, is Everton.

There definitely an identity to the clubs 777 are getting involved with, mostly clubs in big catchment areas with a bit of history and pedigree that are maybe not on their uppers just now- by and large they are "proper" clubs you'd be happy for Everton to be associated with. Funnily enough, Genoa, who they are already in with, have the fourth most Italian league titles with 9. The team with the fourth most English titles, also with 9, is Everton.
Is that something off'f Wikipedia or personal knowledge of the organisation?

I’m not buying any of this investment talk, it’s all a smoke screen. Why would anyone buy a club on the brink of relegation unless they were paying Championship prices?

Lets be honest if these cats had the desire & dough to make a go of it they wouldn't have been haggling the past 4-5 months over a minority stake.

Reminds me of them Yanks who were in talks with us for ages then Usmanov/Moshiri swooped in and got a deal done in a matter of day$

I’m not buying any of this investment talk, it’s all a smoke screen. Why would anyone buy a club on the brink of relegation unless they were paying Championship prices?
Because they would be buying at championship prices. Which leaves more to invest in the squad. Is a guess.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back