Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Not sure you can blame a journalist for doing his job. What's he supposed to do with information he uncovers?

The blame lies with Everton.
I think the point is it's basically a re-hash of old information, except the part where Everton know a 'special friend' of our majority shareholder was barred from entry to the UK.

The real story is who gave the journalist that information. I strongly suspect it was the grotesque slug who's trying to distance himself from the circus.

Remember, it's his billionaire. He stuck around hopeful of basking in the reflected glory. It's quite delicious it's blown up in his face.

@BNJ1878 to follow on from my last post.

The values of premier league clubs are only going to continue to increase. Its a major trophy asset and as were now seeing an arena to put owners and investors on a par with even countries.

Enormous global reach and the Americans will no doubt push for more US exposure before long.

Its really a generational wealth creator as long as your club stays in the league and becomes sustainable.
Sorry to interject into the conversation, you are both making some good points BTW

I just wondered on your point about the increase in values, do you see a point where the bottom falls out at all?

Just curious.

Cheers

I think the point is it's basically a re-hash of old information, except the part where Everton know a 'special friend' of our majority shareholder was barred from entry to the UK.

The real story is who gave the journalist that information. I strongly suspect it was the grotesque slug who's trying to distance himself from the circus.

Remember, it's his billionaire. He stuck around hopeful of basking in the reflected glory. It's quite delicious it's blown up in his face.

To be clear (and I wrote that on my phone at 6am with a puppy begging to go outside), the point I'm making is that the blame lies with the hierarchy at the club for putting investment (and 25m for their shares) ahead of due diligence and sustainability.

Regardless of who the information comes from, I'm happy it's in the public domain and it's a journalists job to shine the light into those corners.

To be clear (and I wrote that on my phone at 6am with a puppy begging to go outside), the point I'm making is that the blame lies with the hierarchy at the club for putting investment (and 25m for their shares) ahead of due diligence and sustainability.

Regardless of who the information comes from, I'm happy it's in the public domain and it's a journalists job to shine the light into those corners.
100% agree.

I wish more and more would shine a spotlight on the shambles that is Everton.

As many have said, plenty of reporters have been 'encouraged' over the years to write puff pieces around our glorious leader rather than scratch the surface to find the truth.

I'm desperate for all his crooked deals (way before Moshiri arrived) to be exposed. I want him to go to his grave knowing that everyone knows what he is.

Sorry to interject into the conversation, you are both making some good points BTW

I just wondered on your point about the increase in values, do you see a point where the bottom falls out at all?

Just curious.

Cheers
Unless they go off the rails like Elon Musk I'm pretty sure their fortunes will continue to grow.

Billionaires get to a point where it's pretty difficult to lose money. It's a self-fueling fire but in a good way. (for them)

100% agree.

I wish more and more would shine a spotlight on the shambles that is Everton.

As many have said, plenty of reporters have been 'encouraged' over the years to write puff pieces around our glorious leader rather than scratch the surface to find the truth.

I'm desperate for all his crooked deals (way before Moshiri arrived) to be exposed. I want him to go to his grave knowing that everyone knows what he is.

It's crazy how we've had 2 shadow owners in Kenwright's tenure. He couldn't lie straight in bed and it's always come down to keeping himself in control.

There's some blame for the Premier League and the UK government to go around as well. Both absolutely amoral when it comes to ownership of what are, at the end of the day, community institutions.

It's crazy how we've had 2 shadow owners in Kenwright's tenure. He couldn't lie straight in bed and it's always come down to keeping himself in control.

There's some blame for the Premier League and the UK government to go around as well. Both absolutely amoral when it comes to ownership of what are, at the end of the day, community institutions.
Football is woefully under regulated, that’s why it attracts so many crooks

I think a lot of American owners come here incorrectly thinking its going to be as straightforward a cashcow as the NFL is.
Probably because the average NFL team costs minimum 5 billion to buy. My family are big Chicago bears fans and we would probably be the 7-8 most valued franchise team in the whole NFL and are value is 5 billion. Compare that to most clubs in the prem it’s nothing. So they see potential high profit margins.

Probably because the average NFL team costs minimum 5 billion to buy. My family are big Chicago bears fans and we would probably be the 7-8 most valued franchise team in the whole NFL and are value is 5 billion. Compare that to most clubs in the prem it’s nothing. So they see potential high profit margins.
Also no promotion or relegation and cities paying for new stadiums.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back