Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
I know what you're saying but that particular paper has questioned the Saudi takeover process a number of times. These are just a few!

Yes, I mean: it's so clear what's going on at Newcastle that you'd have to report it.

But their north-east journalist, Louise Taylor, has essentially cheer-led that takeover. She was outraged it was long-fingered a few years back. Now The Guardian, with its penchant for false equivalence, is going after Everton.

I have no issue with the shining of the light on our board. But it must be in the context of what is happening in the wider football world. Otherwise, we're a very convenient whipping boy who will be pilloried for stealing a loaf of bread, while the Saudis and the Qataris commandeer the bakery with the government's nod.

The only new information we get from that article is that someone from our board has leaked that the home secretary sent that letter pre war. You could even have Everton use the termination of sponsorship (even though it didn't have to legally) as a defence in the ffp case.
So looks like the board is reaching it's end of days moment with all out comms war.

The only new information we get from that article is that someone from our board has leaked that the home secretary sent that letter pre war. You could even have Everton use the termination of sponsorship (even though it didn't have to legally) as a defence in the ffp case.
So looks like the board is reaching it's end of days moment with all out comms war.
If it's Kenwright, though, he has a problem. There isn't great mileage in pinning all the blame on Moshiri when Moshiri at least put money forward and Kenwright was the one who chose him.

Yes, I mean: it's so clear what's going on at Newcastle that you'd have to report it.

But their north-east journalist, Louise Taylor, has essentially cheer-led that takeover. She was outraged it was long-fingered a few years back. Now The Guardian, with its penchant for false equivalence, is going after Everton.

I have no issue with the shining of the light on our board. But it must be in the context of what is happening in the wider football world. Otherwise, we're a very convenient whipping boy who will be pilloried for stealing a loaf of bread, while the Saudis and the Qataris commandeer the bakery with the government's nod.

Stinks of kicking a dog while it's down.

But as I mentioned earlier...... Plenty of places take Russian money without batting an eyelid.

Why do something high profile like buy a football club for anything other than bragging rights?
How can you brag about something you deny owning and even when not persona non grata never visited?
I strongly suspect that his money was used by Moshiri but I'm far from sure that bragging rights was the motivation.

Can't believe Bill would throw the owner under a bus, because that would also mean throwing Everton Football club under a bus...hang on a minute there is a pattern here..Fans..bus..

OECD study. Pages 17-42 give some hypothetical examples of why individuals with questionable motives might put their money into football. Although I'm not saying I think any of this is going on at Everton.

Yeah they cut ties before it became officially illegal, only when there was moral pressure.

The government banning someone doesn't make it illegal to do business with them, so unless we're going all 1984 (we're at war with Russia, we've always been at war with Russia) I just don't see how Everton can be punished for this

That said, I'm sure it'll all be unofficially taken into account in this FFP investigation when deciding on the severity of the punishment

Mina.

That story has no substance in it, but the more the shady Moshiri / Usmanov arrangement gets looked at the more will come out. I've no time for the rest of the board, but I'll say again that the existential threat to this club is Moshiri and Usmanov and until they are fully gone nothing will truly improve for us, indeed they could get a good deal worse.

That story has no substance in it, but the more the shady Moshiri / Usmanov arrangement gets looked at the more will come out. I've no time for the rest of the board, but I'll say again that the existential threat to this club is Moshiri and Usmanov and until they are fully gone nothing will truly improve for us, indeed they could get a good deal worse.

Agree they have to go, but so do the rest otherwise our next owners, if we have any, will have their money wasted too and remember who brought Moshiri in at a massive profit..to himself.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back