Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
That Guardian article is interesting in one way: it tells us Usmanov was persona non grata prior to the war.

Beyond that, it is most interesting because the British prime minister actively touted for Mohammed bin Salman to buy Newcastle United, while his home secretary was busy tut-tutting at Everton.

The double-standard - not even implied in that article - is breathtaking.

I think it's great that the journalist in question has shone a light on how Usmanov was viewed by the British government. When will he be shining a light on Priti Patel's view of the Newcastle United takeover? Just for context, like.

It's been pointed out before that the writer is a dog with a bone. His bone is Uzmanov and "feels" there's more to him, his intentions, and the link with the club being tied to a part of it.

No one has done hit pieces on him so he thinks he's got something so will roll out the odd story at timely intervals.

This one...just as The Times reports we're getting investment.

As far as we know the club cut ties with Usmanov shortly after the war in Ukraine began. Until this article in the Guardian I had not heard anywhere that the club was required to cut any ties before then, even if Usmanov was not considered desireable.

It may not be ideal but it is hard to see how we would be in trouble over this.

As far as we know the club cut ties with Usmanov shortly after the war in Ukraine began. Until this article in the Guardian I had not heard anywhere that the club was required to cut any ties before then, even if Usmanov was not considered desireable.

It may not be ideal but it is hard to see how we would be in trouble over this.

We cut ties the day Putin et al were sanctioned. The USM sponsorship, including the £30m to head the queue, were all approved by the PL.

The Home Office had some concerns about him, but didnt tell anyone, inc Everton. That is the same Home Office that wouldnt give RA a visa for years, so he became an Israeli citizen, and again, wasnt sanctioned till AU was. It is a total non event.

That Guardian article is interesting in one way: it tells us Usmanov was persona non grata prior to the war.

Beyond that, it is most interesting because the British prime minister actively touted for Mohammed bin Salman to buy Newcastle United, while his home secretary was busy tut-tutting at Everton.

The double-standard - not even implied in that article - is breathtaking.

I think it's great that the journalist in question has shone a light on how Usmanov was viewed by the British government. When will he be shining a light on Priti Patel's view of the Newcastle United takeover? Just for context, like.

All politics. Saudis are our big allies, Russia the contrary now.

BBC finally catching up with what everyone else has been reporting for weeks.

Thing is who is going to invest when we still don't know what league we will be in next season, if we are going to face any issues over FFP such as points deducted, but most of all, who is going to invest with Moshiri when his association with Usmanov isn't going away and we don't know what else might come out.

Thing is who is going to invest when we still don't know what league we will be in next season, if we are going to face any issues over FFP such as points deducted, but most of all, who is going to invest with Moshiri when his association with Usmanov isn't going away and we don't know what else might come out.
Yeah, I guess stuff like price can be negotiated based on either contingency when it comes to relegation, but I must admit I wouldn't in a million years want a minority stake in any business being run by Moshiri and his mate, it's all too chaotic and all too shady and I don't see why any investor would want to risk being collateral damage of that. Any sensible investor would surely want the lot, or at least a controlling interest.

Yeah, I guess stuff like price can be negotiated based on either contingency when it comes to relegation, but I must admit I wouldn't in a million years want a minority stake in any business being run by Moshiri and his mate, it's all too chaotic and all too shady and I don't see why any investor would want to risk being collateral damage of that. Any sensible investor would surely want the lot, or at least a controlling interest.
Exactly, even seats on the board is nonsense, who is going to agree to that knowing Moshiri is still part of Usmanovs group, only someone corrupt, last thing we need.
Full sweep of the lot we need and a full re set and build.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back