Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,289 92.3%

• Total voters
It's so we don't have to share with Southport any more since their ground isn't the best and sometimes games have to be cancelled or played indoors because the pitch is unplayable.

You can also set up the pitch the size and condition it is at Goodison, plus you don't have to pay someone to use the facility because you own it.

Serious question here, not looking for a online war (I have Game Of War for that), but where does everybody get the idea from that Moshiri is about to put players on £150k a week and buy Yarmolenko, Rooney and a few other buys in the same window ?

If I remember correctly he is worth £1.2-1.9b which is a lot of money but not something that he can just throw half of it into a 'play thing'.
Also bearing in mind that he is in his 60's I think, I cant imagine him being in the game for another 30 years - if he is still alive.

If we were looking at another young prince inheriting billions from a Saudi family then I might be more positive in thinking we will return to the top quicker than normal.

For me I think Moshiri needs to look at the commercial side to gain steady improvements to the day to day running of the club.
If he can also attract one or two more wealthy serious investors to the board then we may have a chance, as agents fees and wages plus prices go up, im not expecting a great deal although it is very much welcome if im proven wrong, he didn't make a couple of billion by investing in hobbies im guessing.

*Prays for Zlatan at finch farm holding a EFC shirt next to ancellotti*

Serious question here, not looking for a online war (I have Game Of War for that), but where does everybody get the idea from that Moshiri is about to put players on £150k a week and buy Yarmolenko, Rooney and a few other buys in the same window ?

If I remember correctly he is worth £1.2-1.9b which is a lot of money but not something that he can just throw half of it into a 'play thing'.
Also bearing in mind that he is in his 60's I think, I cant imagine him being in the game for another 30 years - if he is still alive.

If we were looking at another young prince inheriting billions from a Saudi family then I might be more positive in thinking we will return to the top quicker than normal.

For me I think Moshiri needs to look at the commercial side to gain steady improvements to the day to day running of the club.
If he can also attract one or two more wealthy serious investors to the board then we may have a chance, as agents fees and wages plus prices go up, im not expecting a great deal although it is very much welcome if im proven wrong, he didn't make a couple of billion by investing in hobbies im guessing.

Because he has said he will put extra money into players coming in

What about the news about the training ground facilities?
It's just filler. What is it? Planning permission sought? Nothing at all. As said: if he'd stepped into LFC and mumbled a few words then got off again there'd be a United Nations emergency session in full swing by now. At EFC though: blind acceptance that a man with a bag of ill-gotten gains will do right by us.

It's just filler. What is it? Planning permission sought? Nothing at all. As said: if he'd stepped into LFC and mumbled a few words then got off again there'd be a United Nations emergency session in full swing by now. At EFC though: blind acceptance that a man with a bag of ill-gotten gains will do right by us.

I hate your optimism.

cos we currently use some cow field in southport

It's so we don't have to share with Southport any more since their ground isn't the best and sometimes games have to be cancelled or played indoors because the pitch is unplayable.

The pitches should of course be as good as possible but the need for an 5000/6000 seater stadium for U21's is a vanity project such as Citys attempt to emulate Barcelona/Real.

I think people complaining about a lack of a published plan from Moshiri are being a bit premature.
The 18 month quote could be taken in a variety of ways.
It takes a great deal of time to plan a huge undertaking like a stadium. There may be hundreds of stakeholders to consult and he may hate what was in the offing under Kenwright.
I'd rather be given (near) concrete approved plans rather than a pretty mock up and a load of empty promises.
Patience is a virtue.

Means Eff all without a top top manager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back