Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

Still think that title sits with Kenwright tbh.

Not for me to be honest.

Make no mistake about it the money always makes the decisions. We have a history as we know of being run very tightly and keeping to margins and budgets when Kenwight owned us - frustratingly so - yet we see when Moshiri came in we completely spent beyond our means and racked up massive external debt and bleed the company from loss to loss, making it financially unstable, culminating in the very status as top tier ever present PL club dictated by off the filed matters. That's on Moshiri for me.

Whatever about Kenwright one thing he always understood was sacking managers year on year was undermining and destabilising - i think we had three if even when he was owner. Again we saw that drastically change under Moshiri. Which again destabilised the club and created chaos.

Im not being binary here - one or the other, there was obviously issues in corporate governance and Kenwirght was a part of that. But for me there is to much evidance of change from one regime to the next in terms of management - not for everything to fall square at Moshiri.

Hes the worst thing possibly ever to happen to the club in my opinion. Dont be fooled by the snake charming of investing - look at our external debt and our losses, dont be fooled by the stadium, there is a price to be paid for that yet. Dont be fooled by the persona of the bumbling, good willed wacky uncle with a loose wallet, hes a pox thats damaged the club to the brink and even now is happy to sell us down the river to turn a pound. Kenwiright - though not without fault - is and always has been a very convenient lightening rod. Don’t fall for it.

Moshiri has got away with murder here and when you look at it - its a PR masterclass - still people saying its others fault and people giving him the benefit of the doubt - i find that unbelievable.

Last edited:
Not for me to be honest.

Make no mistake about it the money always makes the decisions. We have a history as we know of being run very tightly and keeping to margins and budgets when Kenwight owned us - frustratingly so - yet we see when Moshiri came in we completely spent beyond our means and racked up massive external debt and bleed the company from loss to loss, making it financially unstable, culminating in the very status as top tier ever present PL club dictated by off the filed matters. That's on Moshiri for me.

Whatever about Kenwright one thing he always understood was sacking managers year on year was undermining and destabilising - i think we had three if even when he was owner. Again we saw that drastically change under Moshiri. Which again destabilised the club and created chaos.

Im not being binary here - one or the other, there was obviously issues in corporate governance and Kenwirght was a part of that. But for me there is to much evidance of change from one regime to the next in terms of management - not for everything to fall square at Moshiri.

Hes the worst thing possibly ever to happen to the club in my opinion. Dont be fooled by the snake charming of investing - look at our external debt and our losses, dont be fooled by the stadium, there is a price to be paid for that yet. Dont be fooled by the persona of the bumbling, good willed wacky uncle with a loose wallet, hes a pox thats damaged the club to the brink and even now is happy to sell us down the river to turn a pound. Kenwiright - though not without fault - is and always has been a very convenient lightening rod. Don’t fall for it.

Moshiri has got away with murder here and when you look at it - its a PR masterclass - still people saying its others fault and people giving him the benefit of the doubt - i find that unbelievable.
There would be no Moshiri without Kenwright he brought him to the club.
When Moshiri arrived Kenwright said that he had been talking to Mosh for 18 months and he was impressed with his football knowledge .
It would take about 10 minutes to realise you were talking to an absolute clown but he suited his agenda.
My very first red flag was when he bought 49% of the club which even at the time seemed very odd to me.
This whole debacle is 100% on Kenwright

There would be no Moshiri without Kenwright he brought him to the club.
When Moshiri arrived Kenwright said that he had been talking to Mosh for 18 months and he was impressed with his football knowledge .
It would take about 10 minutes to realise you were talking to an absolute clown but he suited his agenda.
My very first red flag was when he bought 49% of the club which even at the time seemed very odd to me.
This whole debacle is 100% on Kenwright

Its important not to be revisionist though mate. Lets be frank, we heaped pressure on Kenwright to do exactly as he had done and for the frst five years or Moshiri and applauded every thing he did - if hes at fault so is the vast, vast majority of the fan base - lets own a bit of this too.

Another thing that gets overlooked, is that Kenwirght built safeguards into the deal, the transfer of the shareholder was based on a number of criteria being reached and was done over a multi year basis - i.e. investment in the club, investment in players and a spade being turned on a new ground. If it was a poor decision, we were just as guilty as fans for backing it and also i dont think he could have put any more safeguards into the club as he did, we got investment, we got money spent on players, we got a new stadium - would anyone of those have happened without the nature of the deal........certainly none of those things will be involved in the 777 deal.

Im not necessarily defending Kenwright - but they are the facts, he had a role in the corporate governance, but surely people see now he and the board though not culpable where lightening rods - no one said boo to Moshiri because they were terrified he wouldn't fund us or fund the ground and guess what hes not. Again it PR spin, if you think it all falls on Kenwright, the board - though they had a role - you are falling for the PR spin and letting him off the hook.

Hes damn near Killed us, leveraging us, building up massive internal debt, bleeding the company dry, loss to loss, hes destabilised the club from decision to next, hes about to sell us down the river to gangsters for his own personal gain and we are on the very brink of falling down the leagues for punishment for off the field management issues made by him and still people dont want to put any blame at his door.

What it going to take to get people to pull themselves out of the matrix.

Its important not to be revisionist though mate. Lets be frank, we heaped pressure on Kenwright to do exactly as he had done and for the frst five years or Moshiri and applauded every thing he did - if hes at fault so is the vast, vast majority of the fan base - lets own a bit of this too.

Another thing that gets overlooked, is that Kenwirght built safeguards into the deal, the transfer of the shareholder was based on a number of criteria being reached and was done over a multi year basis - i.e. investment in the club, investment in players and a spade being turned on a new ground. If it was a poor decision, we were just as guilty as fans for backing it and also i dont think he could have put any more safeguards into the club as he did, we got investment, we got money spent on players, we got a new stadium - would anyone of those have happened without the nature of the deal........certainly none of those things will be involved in the 777 deal.

Im not necessarily defending Kenwright - but they are the facts, he had a role in the corporate governance, but surely people see now he and the board though not culpable where lightening rods - no one said boo to Moshiri because they were terrified he wouldn't fund us or fund the ground and guess what hes not. Again it PR spin, if you think it all falls on Kenwright, the board - though they had a role - you are falling for the PR spin and letting him off the hook.

Hes damn near Killed us, leveraging us, building up massive internal debt, bleeding the company dry, loss to loss, hes destabilised the club from decision to next, hes about to sell us down the river to gangsters for his own personal gain and we are on the very brink of falling down the leagues for punishment for off the field management issues made by him and still people dont want to put any blame at his door.

What it going to take to get people to pull themselves out of the matrix.

And then we blame 777 on Kenwright, and on and on and on...

It's a bit absurd. Some people will still blame him for things that happen in 5, 10 years time.

It's strange, as I don't understand why anyone would have any sort of allegiance to Farhad Moshiri.

Not for me to be honest.

Imagine if BK had stepped aside and allowed Kings Dock to go ahead though.

All ifs buts and maybes but imagine if Moshiris (and Usmanovs) money was put towards a proper Director of Football - A Dan Ashworth or similar and allowed to do their job and build a structure and a dynamic CEO to help kick the club on.

Recruitment has been the biggest down fall. Imagine if we had even got 20% resale revenue from all the big money signings we made that left for free. We'd be in a much better position financially.

Imagine if BK had stepped aside and allowed Kings Dock to go ahead though.

I dont think it was a matter of stepping aside mate, there was a lot of spin at the time, the Greg innovation suited him more then club to my memory, i also think there is a bit of myth around kings dock, it was a shared ownership overall, so we would have been one of a few owners of the development and as such revenue - so we would own a share of the stadium development and not outright- it was a class stadium at the time and we were desperate at the time, but the deal wasn't wonderful. History has airbrushed a lot of the finer detail of it and just simplified the whole thing, into a missing out on this wonderful stadium, owning outright for about 50 mill.

Its often remembered as we were going to be the sole owners down on the dock and own the stadium independently, that wasn't the case. Dont get me wrong i was gutted when it fell through but BMD development is far better for the club.

Kenwright held on to his train set for far too long! By the time he started letting go, these ridiculous FFP rules had been introduced, making Moshiri’s investment a threat and then a weakness, rather than a strength or an opportunity.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back