Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
The greatest Evertonian must have been worth 50mil, he could have easily walked, i remember when Rafael’s name got mentioned for the job a couple of times before he got it and all the local journalists saying no way he gets it with bill there. Surely that was the time for Bill to make a stand and maybe he would have got a bit more respect had he done that.

Make a stand to what end? What would have been accomplished?

Make a stand to what end? What would have been accomplished?
Because he wanted what was best for Everton apparently and appointing Rafael wasn’t

And Bill had his media buddies putting out there they he had no control for years, he had Bellew out there helping that narrative. When we all know he still had a lot of control and was involved in a lot decisions, including transfers.

Because he wanted what was best for Everton apparently and appointing Rafael wasn’t

And Bill had his media buddies putting out there they he had no control for years, he had Bellew out there helping that narrative. When we all know he still had a lot of control and was involved in a lot decisions, including transfers.
I am not understanding your point. He didn’t have control. Control is a binary state, you either have it or someone else does.

Put another way, if Kenwright left after Moshiri gained control, would our fortunes have been better, the same or worse? Anyone who says better is being disingenuous.

I am not understanding your point. He didn’t have control. Control is a binary state, you either have it or someone else does.

Put another way, if Kenwright left after Moshiri gained control, would our fortunes have been better, the same or worse? Anyone who says better is being disingenuous.
We will never know, you can also say would things have got worse if moshiri hadnt come in. Martinez was taking us down and bill could afford to sack him and we had debts and were loaned up to the hilt With a ground in a state.

And he gave DBB the ceo role and got grant ingles on the board, Sharp and Prenno jobs, Moshiri probably didn’t have a clue who Prenno was. Control or not, they’re huge decisions for a football club

We will never know, you can also say would things have got worse if moshiri hadnt come in. Martinez was taking us down and bill could afford to sack him and we had debts and were loaned up to the hilt With a ground in a state.

And he gave DBB the ceo role and got grant ingles on the board, Sharp and Prenno jobs, Moshiri probably didn’t have a clue who Prenno was. Control or not, they’re huge decisions for a football club
Sure, the money helps and that’s what Kenwright was looking for. We probably don’t have PSR issues without Moshiri, but we likely have actual cash issues without him (just as we do now that he’s removed his backing).

Again, Moshiri could have fired any one of those people any time after he had control, including Kenwright.

Sure, the money helps and that’s what Kenwright was looking for. We probably don’t have PSR issues without Moshiri, but we likely have actual cash issues without him (just as we do now that he’s removed his backing).

Again, Moshiri could have fired any one of those people any time after he had control, including Kenwright.
I think we all agree that moshiri is a clueless owner and has put us in a hole, But Bill has been the biggest instigator in our downfall

Not for me to be honest.

Make no mistake about it the money always makes the decisions. We have a history as we know of being run very tightly and keeping to margins and budgets when Kenwight owned us - frustratingly so - yet we see when Moshiri came in we completely spent beyond our means and racked up massive external debt and bleed the company from loss to loss, making it financially unstable, culminating in the very status as top tier ever present PL club dictated by off the filed matters. That's on Moshiri for me.

Whatever about Kenwright one thing he always understood was sacking managers year on year was undermining and destabilising - i think we had three if even when he was owner. Again we saw that drastically change under Moshiri. Which again destabilised the club and created chaos.

Im not being binary here - one or the other, there was obviously issues in corporate governance and Kenwirght was a part of that. But for me there is to much evidance of change from one regime to the next in terms of management - not for everything to fall square at Moshiri.

Hes the worst thing possibly ever to happen to the club in my opinion. Dont be fooled by the snake charming of investing - look at our external debt and our losses, dont be fooled by the stadium, there is a price to be paid for that yet. Dont be fooled by the persona of the bumbling, good willed wacky uncle with a loose wallet, hes a pox thats damaged the club to the brink and even now is happy to sell us down the river to turn a pound. Kenwiright - though not without fault - is and always has been a very convenient lightening rod. Don’t fall for it.

Moshiri has got away with murder here and when you look at it - its a PR masterclass - still people saying its others fault and people giving him the benefit of the doubt - i find that unbelievable.
Don't get me wrong mosh is as much to blame, without a doubt. What he has done to us is literally incredible.

But I still blame kenwright, he spent how long trying to find someone suitable... binned off many,.in my view better options... city's owners possibly being one of them. However he did it with a caveat of not wanting to let go of the train set... others wouldn't allow it allegedly.. so he said no sale... until mosh came along.. but, either are culpable.. we can sit an argue all night about it..

Point being we're a total and utter mess which will take years to recover from... and the thing is, the worst hasn't yet happened from the fall.out of this.

Don't get me wrong mosh is as much to blame, without a doubt. What he has done to us is literally incredible.

But I still blame kenwright, he spent how long trying to find someone suitable... binned off many,.in my view better options... city's owners possibly being one of them. However he did it with a caveat of not wanting to let go of the train set... others wouldn't allow it allegedly.. so he said no sale... until mosh came along.. but, either are culpable.. we can sit an argue all night about it..

Point being we're a total and utter mess which will take years to recover from... and the thing is, the worst hasn't yet happened from the fall.out of this.
It's only just started.... 😟

I dont think it was a matter of stepping aside mate, there was a lot of spin at the time, the Greg innovation suited him more then club to my memory, i also think there is a bit of myth around kings dock, it was a shared ownership overall, so we would have been one of a few owners of the development and as such revenue - so we would own a share of the stadium development and not outright- it was a class stadium at the time and we were desperate at the time, but the deal wasn't wonderful. History has airbrushed a lot of the finer detail of it and just simplified the whole thing, into a missing out on this wonderful stadium, owning outright for about 50 mill.

Its often remembered as we were going to be the sole owners down on the dock and own the stadium independently, that wasn't the case. Dont get me wrong i was gutted when it fell through but BMD development is far better for the club.

City had to rent their new ground off the council. It was still a great site the KD and would have grew the club without costing much. We'll be paying BMD off for a long time plus the wasted 20 years of missing out on that site