Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Sorry mate, im going to pull this for rebuttle.

First paragraph is absolutely, not the case. In fact its the opposite. The board were a puppet board, paid very well to execute the shareholders decisions. Its always themoney mate the money makes the decisions, the portraying of Moshiri as the victim or have a go hero taken advantage is part of the problem We've been far to tolerent of him. His and his decisions alone have run us into the ground, everyone else was a well paid Patsey.

We could have built BMD at any point of our history -he hasnt build it - club has been loaded with debt to do it, other just felt it was too much of a risk to do - and in alll honesty it probably is has been.

There is nothing better off about Everton since Moshiri took over, everything hes torched has crumbled.

Worst thing to ever happen to this club.

If the Board were having to do things that they disagreed with, they could just resign. When you say we could have built BMD at any time in our history then why didn’t we ? If you have no money banks or other investors will not loan you any because you are a bigger risk. Moshiri had money and access to Usmanov. If Moshiri hadn’t come along, Bill would have continued his fairy stories and kept his train set. We would still be looking at many many more years at a 40,000 crumbling stadium. Why did Man City get picked up by the Sheiks, the fact that the stadium was already in place certainly aided it.

I’m not trying to defend Moshiri, because he certainly made mistakes, but blithely ignoring the role of the Board in all this and suggesting they were just patsy’s is a blinkered view imo……….

Do we know this to be so?

I'd imagined interest would be due on those payments, until the takeover was completed at least?

To be clear, I want you to be right - and hope you are - but my natural assumption was that we'd be paying punitive interest on that until it was converted into equity post-takeover.

It is guesswork mate. I'm just going on this was supposed to take 12 weeks and then the club would have been theirs, so it would be an act of self harm if they charged us huge amounts of interest.

I'd imagine the head of terms agreement would say if they want us at x price, they pick up the tab from now until the takeover is completed.

Moshiri is the guy who pursued Marco Silva with a bizarre single-mindedness and who overruled Brands and Bill when they were going to get Moyes ahead of Ancelotti. He was just one of these typical overbearing owners who think they have a mind for the sport cos they read the back pages.

His interference in transfers has cost the club a ridiculous amount of money.

It is guesswork mate. I'm just going on this was supposed to take 12 weeks and then the club would have been theirs, so it would be an act of self harm if they charged us huge amounts of interest.

I'd imagine the head of terms agreement would say if they want us at x price, they pick up the tab from now until the takeover is completed.
Well if the interest is due to 777, then there'd be no self harm. Any proceeds could be funnelled back into the club if needs be once the takeover was concluded - and it may be that 777 themselves incurred interest on the money and had to recover that from Everton.

You'd expect 777 would put insurance provisions in place so that if the takeover failed, they weren't out of pocket - and maybe even profited from it.

Charging interest on the loan before the takeover completed seems sensible. So much so that I struggle to imagine they'd lend it interest free - especially with there being no guarantee the takeover would succeed.

But there is also the possibility that they are idiots and didn't protect themselves at all. Which is certainly conceivable.

Moshiri is the guy who pursued Marco Silva with a bizarre single-mindedness and who overruled Brands and Bill when they were going to get Moyes ahead of Ancelotti. He was just one of these typical overbearing owners who think they have a mind for the sport cos they read the back pages.

His interference in transfers has cost the club a ridiculous amount of money.

“usmanic”

Well if the interest is due to 777, then there'd be no self harm. Any proceeds could be funnelled back into the club if needs be once the takeover was concluded - and it may be that 777 themselves incurred interest on the money and had to recover that from Everton.

You'd expect 777 would put insurance provisions in place so that if the takeover failed, they weren't out of pocket - and maybe even profited from it.

Charging interest on the loan before the takeover completed seems sensible. So much so that I struggle to imagine they'd lend it interest free - especially with there being no guarantee the takeover would succeed.

But there is also the possibility that they are idiots and didn't protect themselves at all. Which is certainly conceivable.

you think moshiri knows he will sell elsewhere now?

you think moshiri knows he will sell elsewhere now?
I have no idea at all about any of this, Matty.

Just a non-financial, non-business guy watching helplessly like you.

I think we’re living in one of three realities:

Best-case, 777 are dopes that he led on knowing full well they’d never be able to gain approval and knowing that they’d be forced by the terms of the agreement to pump money into Everton in the limbo period. I think unlikely, he doesn’t seem that smart.

Mid-case, Moshiri has known this isn’t going to work for sometime and he’s been perusing other viable options. This is where I’d reasonably hope we are.

Worst-case, he’s been in denial and crossing his fingers and toes that the deal somehow squeaks through - and is only now waking up to the reality that 777 are crashing and burning and it’s a full-blown emergency.

I hope we’re not living in that final reality, but we may well be.

If the Board were having to do things that they disagreed with, they could just resign. When you say we could have built BMD at any time in our history then why didn’t we ? If you have no money banks or other investors will not loan you any because you are a bigger risk. Moshiri had money and access to Usmanov. If Moshiri hadn’t come along, Bill would have continued his fairy stories and kept his train set. We would still be looking at many many more years at a 40,000 crumbling stadium. Why did Man City get picked up by the Sheiks, the fact that the stadium was already in place certainly aided it.

I’m not trying to defend Moshiri, because he certainly made mistakes, but blithely ignoring the role of the Board in all this and suggesting they were just patsy’s is a blinkered view imo……….

The board of directors are appointed by the majority Shareholders, the majority shareholder is their boss, their job is to execute the decisions of the shareholders, not the other way around. They were complicit to be sure and getting paid - it was their job, its feasible that concerns may be or may not be raised - but ultimately its the majority shareholder who instructs. This theory that Moshiri was led astray is a facilely, its all his decisions that have led us to to this point. As has happened ultimately, the board are employees appointed to be functionaries for the shareholders will, ultimately they paid are employees - like everyone who works their ultimate aim is their own financial gain at the end of the day.

We have, we have constantly reviewed numerous projects for feasibility in the last 30 years, the closest were the KD and Kirkby, ultimately a risk analysis, i suspect meant it would put the club at risk by over extending itself and decided not to progress. This owner has decided to over extend itself and put the club at risk. i mean that happening today.

Im not sure you can say a PL club or indeed a football club cant get credit to build - there are many examples above and below us in the table. In fact the accusation you make on access to finance is part of the problem Moshiri has created, he cant get access to finance, hes toxic because of his association with sanctioned individuals and concerns about him being sanctioned and his access to funds - thus he has mortgaged our future on debts he cant pay back. If MSP decide they can take control of BMD at the end of May unless, they are paid back and the club looses control of the ground.

I dont know what point you are making on the Moshiri Vs Bill trainset thing - the two arent mutually exclusive they were working together until Bills health faded last year (RIP), it certainly wasnt one or the other.

Again its not binary - Moshiri or the board - one or the other.

I dont think people understand the dynamic of the majority shareholder and the board. The board are functionaires of the majority shareholder - they are there to carry out thier insructions and mangage that operation. In terms of decsion making, the majoirty of the share holder makes the decisions - they arent ever led astray - this is th ebit i feel our fan base have confused by for a couple of years.

Everything, hardship, adversity etc we are living through is down to our Majority shareholder Moshiri.

He is to blame for it all. It baffles me that people fight his corner and proportion almost all of the blame elsewhere.

He could well have played a blinder on 777. Still hate the man and want him gone, but if he has just used 777 to float money for a year before selling to MSP anyways then air enough.

I have no idea at all about any of this, Matty.

Just a non-financial, non-business guy watching helplessly like you.

I think we’re living in one of three realities:

Best-case, 777 are dopes that he led on knowing full well they’d never be able to gain approval and knowing that they’d be forced by the terms of the agreement to pump money into Everton in the limbo period. I think unlikely, he doesn’t seem that smart.

Mid-case, Moshiri has known this isn’t going to work for sometime and he’s been perusing other viable options. This is where I’d reasonably hope we are.

Worst-case, he’s been in denial and crossing his fingers and toes that the deal somehow squeaks through - and is only now waking up to the reality that 777 are crashing and burning and it’s a full-blown emergency.

I hope we’re not living in that final reality, but we may well be.

or
living in matts reality

The board of directors are appointed by the majority Shareholders, the majority shareholder is their boss, their job is to execute the decisions of the shareholders, not the other way around. They were complicit to be sure and getting paid - it was their job, its feasible that concerns may be or may not be raised - but ultimately its the majority shareholder who instructs. This theory that Moshiri was led astray is a facilely, its all his decisions that have led us to to this point. As has happened ultimately, the board are employees appointed to be functionaries for the shareholders will, ultimately they paid are employees - like everyone who works their ultimate aim is their own financial gain at the end of the day.

We have, we have constantly reviewed numerous projects for feasibility in the last 30 years, the closest were the KD and Kirkby, ultimately a risk analysis, i suspect meant it would put the club at risk by over extending itself and decided not to progress. This owner has decided to over extend itself and put the club at risk. i mean that happening today.

Im not sure you can say a PL club or indeed a football club cant get credit to build - there are many examples above and below us in the table. In fact the accusation you make on access to finance is part of the problem Moshiri has created, he cant get access to finance, hes toxic because of his association with sanctioned individuals and concerns about him being sanctioned and his access to funds - thus he has mortgaged our future on debts he cant pay back. If MSP decide they can take control of BMD at the end of May unless, they are paid back and the club looses control of the ground.

I dont know what point you are making on the Moshiri Vs Bill trainset thing - the two arent mutually exclusive they were working together until Bills health faded last year (RIP), it certainly wasnt one or the other.

Again its not binary - Moshiri or the board - one or the other.

I dont think people understand the dynamic of the majority shareholder and the board. The board are functionaires of the majority shareholder - they are there to carry out thier insructions and mangage that operation. In terms of decsion making, the majoirty of the share holder makes the decisions - they arent ever led astray - this is th ebit i feel our fan base have confused by for a couple of years.

Everything, hardship, adversity etc we are living through is down to our Majority shareholder Moshiri.

He is to blame for it all. It baffles me that people fight his corner and proportion almost all of the blame elsewhere.

A board of Directors are there to do the right thing for the company, not to jump through hoops or do things just to keep a shareholder happy, and bear in mind that while Moshiri is the largest shareholder, the board also have responsibilities to the minority shareholders. They have a legal responsibility as Directors of a company to do the right things, or to resign. You seem to believe that they are just employees, they are not, they have legal responsibilities. If they deliberately do the wrong things, even if pressured by an owner, they can be prosecuted and sent to prison. There was a reason Moshiri kept an arms length from being on the board and only joined it after pushing them out. Football is no different to any other company…….