Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
If I had just spent several £100 million on a club who have finished mid-table last time out and will finish there again this season, particularly one with an out dated stadium I'm not sure I would feel the need to explain myself to the fan base in the first month. I would think they should have the good grace to accept that when I say I will provide money for transfers and look at the stadium then that is what I will do.
I definitely wouldn't feel the need to lay out my plans in detail, it is not as if I would be looking to run the club by mutual consent.
Moshiri owns half the club, he has made a statement of intent, it is more than we are used to.

Mate all because it's more then what we are used to doesn't mean it's not an unreal expectation. I'm not saying he should have said something but your reasoning for why he hasn't is probably the result of years of the board lowing expectations to a level that people have your attitude and just accept it

Mate all because it's more then what we are used to doesn't mean it's not an unreal expectation. I'm not saying he should have said something but your reasoning for why he hasn't is probably the result of years of the board lowing expectations to a level that people have your attitude and just accept it

Not at all, I would be very suspicious of an owner who was seeking the validation of the fan base for his plans. The reason he is able to afford millions on a football club is because he had business acumen, I prefer him to put his knowledge of the business world to work in our favour than to seek my validation on something I have no experience of. Let him get on with it, but let him do something wrong before we judge him.

Not at all, I would be very suspicious of an owner who was seeking the validation of the fan base for his plans. The reason he is able to afford millions on a football club is because he had business acumen, I prefer him to put his knowledge of the business world to work in our favour than to seek my validation on something I have no experience of. Let him get on with it, but let him do something wrong before we judge him.

It's not about seeking validation. people just don't want another 20 year of being kept in the dark by the people who run the club

Gotta be some joke here, judging the new owner when he's not even reach his first transfer window yet? have a go at the correct man ffs. Someone who wears brown shoe that is.

But the club hasn't been run well, if people want to know what's going to change id say that's a fair request

You are right, of course the club would be much better if we had a good owner who worked well with a good manager, kept the fans informed as to what was happening and what the plans are.
But we are a shambles from the board down, I never thought I would see an Everton team play in the manner we played against Arsenal. Today was another kick in the nuts for the supporters.
I'm willing to grasp any straw that may pass our way.

Mr. Moshiri, we need a high profile proven manager next season. Please look for one asap thanks.

Actually ... I would argue we need one NOW ! Think if we got a big name in now / couple of weeks to bed in ...it would be a massive short term boost to the players and the fans and maybe a long term sign of intention and expectation from our new owner. Mourinio would be motivated to win a Cup + is available. Not everyone's cup of tea... but I 'd rather that than it all going pear shaped with Martinez in the SF.

It's not about seeking validation. people just don't want another 20 year of being kept in the dark by the people who run the club
If you look at how Moshiri was at Arsenal then there is no way he would not look to build a relationship with the fans, he knows the importance of that.

It's still very early days, lets all wait to see what happens in the summer, we won't be disappointed I'm confident on that.

.Anyone think the atmosphere would be better if Martinez left.

I thought May should be the time to make a decision on Martinez but do you think we stand a better chance to win the FA Cup if we replace him with someone else now? It seems players turn against him.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back