Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Ha ha ha, davek questioning the investing acumen of a billionaire. Great stuff.
You have to ask yourself whether he was just in the right place at the right time. He's obviously not a creator (he doesn't invent things or pioneer new products to the market) or a visionary (he couldn't see Facebook's potential). How has he piled up his cash other than by riding the coat tails of an ex-Soviet Commissar / post Soviet "entrepreneur" who basically used a mixture of chicanery and muscle to smash out a massive fortune for himself. Moshiri advised him how to squirrel that cash away in the West and invest elsewhere.

There's no need to genuflect to someone like that and give them an undue benefit of the doubt that they'll naturally be a perfect commercial fit for this football club. Time will judge how well (or otherwise) he governs this club.

You have to ask yourself whether he was just in the right place at the right time. He's obviously not a creator (he doesn't invent things or pioneer new products to the market) or a visionary (he couldn't see Facebook's potential). How has he piled up his cash other than by riding the coat tails of an ex-Soviet Commissar / post Soviet "entrepreneur" who basically used a mixture of chicanery and muscle to smash out a massive fortune for himself. Moshiri advised him how to squirrel that cash away in the West and invest elsewhere.

There's no need to genuflect to someone like that and give them an undue benefit of the doubt that they'll naturally be a perfect commercial fit for this football club. Time will judge how well (or otherwise) he governs this club.

Indeed, on the point of governance I suspect that is shortly to be tested soon both on and off the pitch.
The choice of conduit for the near term messaging will be very telling.

Exactly, Rome was n't built in a day, but in the meanwhile look forward to our squad getting a nice influx of quality signings this summer.

Rome very much was not built in a day.

Anyone thinking otherwise may put us into a Randy Lerner situation.

Its EVOLUTION not revolution what we need.

Doing 'Randy Lerner stupid' just isn't an option for Everton.

Nobody becomes a billionaire by accident for goodness sake. The odd few might make a few million by being in the right place at the right time, but to amass over a billion pounds would be remarkable luck. As you say, time will tell, so why not give him time to get his feet under the table and make things happen before trying to insinuate that he is a hopeless businessman who just happens to be friends with the right people.

Give it another season and if Bobby has led us to the PL title or the top 4 and Moshiri has done absolutely nothing with the club then you can sit proud and tell everyone how clever you are. I suspect however, that neither of these things are likely to happen.

Nobody becomes a billionaire by accident for goodness sake. The odd few might make a few million by being in the right place at the right time, but to amass over a billion pounds would be remarkable luck. As you say, time will tell, so why not give him time to get his feet under the table and make things happen before trying to insinuate that he is a hopeless businessman who just happens to be friends with the right people.

Give it another season and if Bobby has led us to the PL title or the top 4 and Moshiri has done absolutely nothing with the club then you can sit proud and tell everyone how clever you are. I suspect however, that neither of these things are likely to happen.

My post was to question the fee pass Moshiri is given in relation to the belief that anyone who has that cash will "obviously" know the right things to do. Is that our experience in the PL - that billionaires come in and make a roaring success of every club they've gone into?

I dont think it is, is it?

He's secured a massive bank account from parasitism: he managed Usmanov's cash and was given as a reward a 5% stake in a huge metal company. Let's not make him into Steve Jobs. He is not an innovator or the crucial visionary who co-ordinates other people's innovations.

I am very optimistic about Moshiri taking over Everton. I don't think that if he doesn't throw £100 million at the transfer market this year it will necessarily be a bad thing. I can't blame him if Lukaku digs his heels in and wants to move to a CL club.
I would like to see him making every effort to keep all our good players and bring in a few considered buys to move us forward.
Do I want him to go out and buy five £40 million players and change everything about Everton, know I don't think I do.
A top goal keeper, a playmaker and cover for one or two places would do for a start.

If Lukaku goes, he goes - the blame lies squarely with BK and Berto for not motivating and coaching the rest of the squad. He is to us what Benteke was for Villa - a talisman against relegation.

Only Moshiri can save us from becoming Villa or Newcastle, but I don't trust RM with a huge kitty. Not one bit - look at the Niasse fiasco! Buying Kroldrup is like losing 5p on the bus compared to this shambles.

If I was to spend 13.5m on a player, I'd want him straight in the team and goosing the opp.

I've had enough. If United reem us 6-0 today I seriously won't bat an eyelid - I'm not sure I've felt this much apathy before a match. And it is NOT like me to feel that way!

My post was to question the fee pass Moshiri is given in relation to the belief that anyone who has that cash will "obviously" know the right things to do. Is that our experience in the PL - that billionaires come in and make a roaring success of every club they've gone into?

I dont think it is, is it?

He's secured a massive bank account from parasitism: he managed Usmanov's cash and was given as a reward a 5% stake in a huge metal company. Let's not make him into Steve Jobs. He is not an innovator or the crucial visionary who co-ordinates other people's innovations.

Nobody is giving him a 'free pass', they are just accepting that he has only been involved with the club for a month and since it is mid season there is little he can do for this year. He has already outlined in broad terms what he intends to do, but for some reason this isn't good enough for you. For him to say any more without things being in place to bring them to fruition would be foolish given that was exactly what BK did with the previous failed ground moves.

You seem to love all the nonsense Bobby comes out with each and every time we surrender a lead and accept it without question, but won't give this guy five minutes to start getting his house in order, it's bizarre.

If Lukaku goes, he goes - the blame lies squarely with BK and Berto for not motivating and coaching the rest of the squad. He is to us what Benteke was for Villa - a talisman against relegation.

Only Moshiri can save us from becoming Villa or Newcastle,
lol.gif

Only Moshiri can save us from becoming Villa or Newcastle, but I don't trust RM with a huge kitty. Not one bit - look at the Niasse fiasco! Buying Kroldrup is like losing 5p on the bus compared to this shambles.

If I was to spend 13.5m on a player, I'd want him straight in the team and goosing the opp.

I've had enough. If United reem us 6-0 today I seriously won't bat an eyelid - I'm not sure I've felt this much apathy before a match. And it is NOT like me to feel that way!
Wow....just wow.

If you have a wembley ticket i'll have it as you have had enough...DM please

Nobody is giving him a 'free pass', they are just accepting that he has only been involved with the club for a month and since it is mid season there is little he can do for this year. He has already outlined in broad terms what he intends to do, but for some reason this isn't good enough for you. For him to say any more without things being in place to bring them to fruition would be foolish given that was exactly what BK did with the previous failed ground moves.

You seem to love all the nonsense Bobby comes out with each and every time we surrender a lead and accept it without question, but won't give this guy five minutes to start getting his house in order, it's bizarre.
No he hasn't. Not one bit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back