Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Funnily enough often the reverse is true, in the sense that many investors with a portfolio of business interests have numerically had more poor investments than great investments. However what tends to happen with the great investments is that they make so many times more money than what is lost on poor investments that the net effect is an huge increase in wealth.

There's not an investor out there that hasn't lost significant sums on some investments, the successful ones are those who make huge amounts on the profitable ones.

...sounds like me in the betting shop!!! I wasn't particularly thinking of decisions to invest or not invest, I was more thinking about decisions made relating to running a business once it has been purchased. I'm of a view that this man is a truly top drawer businessman who won't micro manage EFC but will have the clever people he trusts working in every strand of the club to make us a success. Hope my optimism isn't misplaced.

...sounds like me in the betting shop!!! I wasn't particularly thinking of decisions to invest or not invest, I was more thinking about decisions made relating to running a business once it has been purchased. I'm of a view that this man is a truly top drawer businessman who won't micro manage EFC but will have the clever people he trusts working in every strand of the club to make us a success. Hope my optimism isn't misplaced.
Sounds about right mate. I don't think he'll accept mediocrity.

Erm...the old regime being left in charge seemed to rattle a few cages as I seem to recall. Add to that the complete lack of plan for a stadium solution, and now we have a holding company comprised of who knows who in effective control...more than a few questions that could be answered in that lot. I'd also throw in the lack of communication with Lukaku. It speaks volumes to me that the player expressed a wish to meet with Moshiri a couple of weeks before coming out with his statements this week. Given the fact that Moshiri has stated he sees preserving what talent we have here I'd say that was a huge balls up not to get in touch with Lukaku. Maybe in all the rush to blame Martinez for Lukaku's stance that little episode was brushed under the carpet.
well which is it?

Come on dave, I like your wind-ups as much as anyone, but the quality is slipping slightly, you're veering too much into self parody

Exactly how I see it, he's going to be beautiful for this club, loads will be going on right now behind the scenes getting ready for the summer.

I just find it bizarre that any Evertonian is anything but optimistic and excited by what has happened and what is to come.

We just need to be patient for a couple of seasons. He has a lot of work to do on and off field.

Agreed and I'm willing to give him until 6pm today to outline his 10 year plan for Everton including details of our 60,000 stadium, kit deal, war chest for the summer and confirmation that Elstone is currently orbiting earth in Sputnik 4 so we are in the process of searching for a new CEO.

Surely that's not too much to ask is it kit?

I am very optimistic about Moshiri taking over Everton. I don't think that if he doesn't throw £100 million at the transfer market this year it will necessarily be a bad thing. I can't blame him if Lukaku digs his heels in and wants to move to a CL club.
I would like to see him making every effort to keep all our good players and bring in a few considered buys to move us forward.
Do I want him to go out and buy five £40 million players and change everything about Everton, know I don't think I do.
A top goal keeper, a playmaker and cover for one or two places would do for a start.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back