Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters

He has the option to acquire BK JW and Abercromby's shares which when exercised would take his holding to 76.6%.

The terms, conditions and timing are not detailed.

Esk, this is probably a silly question but is it legally possible to own 100% of the shares of the club?

If so, how would this happen? Would Moshiri's people contact each shareholder with an offer to buy?

Esk, this is probably a silly question but is it legally possible to own 100% of the shares of the club?

If so, how would this happen? Would Moshiri's people contact each shareholder with an offer to buy?

Not a silly question mate. He could make an offer to buy all the remaining shares by as you say contacting all shareholders and saying this is the price I'm willing to buy at.

He's more likely to reach out to enough shareholders through private discussions to get his shareholding above 90% - then he has the automatic right to buy the remaining shares.

Oh come now Mr Esk.

It would make reasonable sense given the high cost of the stadium.

He'd only sell equity as an absolute last resort, and in his case I doubt he has to. He will be putting substantial sums into the club to fund player acquisition and when required the monies for the stadium. The stadium I suspect is going to carry a fair amount of debt as I've indicated before. The appointment of Alexander Ryazantsev is significant in this regard.

One of the first rules they teach you in investment banking - never sell equity too early.

I'm convinced it's Moshiri's plan to get rid of Martinez.

By far the weirdest thing about that very weird Kenwright-Moshiri tunnel interview was Bill's comments on Martinez.

It seemed a weird and slightly out of context thing to say with his arm round Moshiri, who seemed non-commital and ill at ease.

Bill knew something, is my guess, and was doing his best to distance himself from any decision Moshiri may be looking to make in the summer. Or he was trying to use the pressure of the camera to force Moshiri into saying something positive about Martinez.

No other explanation makes any sense to me for that uncomfortable weirdness.

Just had a skim through the last couple of days and noticed a poster saying they'd seen screen shots giving a date of this summer for the options re JW, JWL, BKL and AA shares. Have I missed something?
@The Esk the 76% + that includes AA. Is this on the basis that JW and BK sell all shares held either personally or via Ltd companies and also that the Estate of Sir PC has sold it's entire stake?
Curious.
Btw @The Esk you may not think that you'll be in the room, but Rohypnol does strange things apparently.

Just had a skim through the last couple of days and noticed a poster saying they'd seen screen shots giving a date of this summer for the options re JW, JWL, BKL and AA shares. Have I missed something?
@The Esk the 76% + that includes AA. Is this on the basis that JW and BK sell all shares held either personally or via Ltd companies and also that the Estate of Sir PC has sold it's entire stake?
Curious.
Btw @The Esk you may not think that you'll be in the room, but Rohypnol does strange things apparently.

I've not seen any screenshots, I don't think there's any info in the public domain detailing the option conditions.

The 76.6% is Moshiri's existing holdings, BK holdings, JW and AA's holding in their entirety.

He'd only sell equity as an absolute last resort, and in his case I doubt he has to. He will be putting substantial sums into the club to fund player acquisition and when required the monies for the stadium. The stadium I suspect is going to carry a fair amount of debt as I've indicated before. The appointment of Alexander Ryazantsev is significant in this regard.

One of the first rules they teach you in investment banking - never sell equity too early.

I'm saying he's going to sell some equity AFTER he's built the stadium.

Not sure why you thought I was saying he was going to sell any in the short term.

See below:

Yes on all counts.

Infact I would go as far as to say that is his long term plan.

Whilst retaining major shareholder status within EFC.

The only question would be his sale of Blue Heaven shares (unlikely as that his is private investment vehicle) or EFC shares (more likely).

His 2012 Arsenal open letter actually indicated that was his preference for Stadium development funding.

I've not seen any screenshots, I don't think there's any info in the public domain detailing the option conditions.

The 76.6% is Moshiri's existing holdings, BK holdings, JW and AA's holding in their entirety.
Screenshots bit is the bit that surprised me to be honest. The charges mention the schedule which is probably not in the public domain at IoM Companies Registry. If I've got a spare hour when I'm over there might see if the paper file can still be accessed (but don't think so) and see if the schedules are attached.
Probably being incredibly thick but given the triumverate owned 69% and AA abou 5.5% just wondering where the other w% ish came from.

Screenshots bit is the bit that surprised me to be honest. The charges mention the schedule which is probably not in the public domain at IoM Companies Registry. If I've got a spare hour when I'm over there might see if the paper file can still be accessed (but don't think so) and see if the schedules are attached.
Probably being incredibly thick but given the triumverate owned 69% and AA abou 5.5% just wondering where the other w% ish came from.

I'm out at the moment. Will supply figures later

I know who thread banned me mate,I don't think I was being "gobby" at all

But you obviously enjoy having some sort of power on here

Sloth-yawn.gif

Okay mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back