Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Valid question mate and I never mind anyone having a view or questioning anything I've said.

You are totally correct in that it is Blue Holdings who hold the 49.9% and the options. Blue Holdings is currently owned directly or indirectly wholly by Moshiri. There is nothing to stop him from selling some or all of BH subject to that person passing the "proper owners" test if their holding in Everton went above 30%.

I am not aware of him wanting to sell or bring other investors into BH.
Cheers mate. Like you say, there's no reason to think that he has any specific plans to bring investment partners on board. If he did (big if), it would presumably be easier doing things that way than another individual purchasing shares. The holding company would hoover up the shares, with possible investment partners buying a stake in the holding company. I'm not really that clued up on these things so I wasn't sure if this was a naive suggestion.

Cheers mate. Like you say, there's no reason to think that he has any specific plans to bring in investment partners on board. If he did, it would presumably be easier doing things that way than another individual purchasing shares. The holding company would hoover up the shares, with possible investment partners buying a stake in the holding company. I'm not really that clued up on these things so I wasn't sure if this was a naive suggestion.

Not for Blue Heaven.

For EFC. Eventually it is a certainty (@Groucho)

Why? He said as much whilst at Arsenal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18725835

"The previous decision by the Board to fund the building of the Emirates Stadium with long-term debt was, we believe, certainly not about self-financing. If it had been, it would have been funded through a mixture of debt and non-dividend equity. Instead it allowed, in our view, the major shareholders of the time, who happened to all be Board directors, to load the Club with a liability, to benefit from increased future revenue streams and consequent increase in the value of their holdings, whilst avoiding dilution of their equity. The Board of the time then appeared to pursue a policy of increasing ticket prices and squeezing the fans to cover the short term cost increases which allowed them to bridge until all of these shareholders and Board directors sold 100% of their holdings and cashed out at vast profits."

Not for Blue Heaven.

For EFC. Eventually it is a certainty (@Groucho)

Why? He said as much whilst at Arsenal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18725835

"The previous decision by the Board to fund the building of the Emirates Stadium with long-term debt was, we believe, certainly not about self-financing. If it had been, it would have been funded through a mixture of debt and non-dividend equity. Instead it allowed, in our view, the major shareholders of the time, who happened to all be Board directors, to load the Club with a liability, to benefit from increased future revenue streams and consequent increase in the value of their holdings, whilst avoiding dilution of their equity. The Board of the time then appeared to pursue a policy of increasing ticket prices and squeezing the fans to cover the short term cost increases which allowed them to bridge until all of these shareholders and Board directors sold 100% of their holdings and cashed out at vast profits."

You do realise Arsenal are a much different club to us tho?

They have access to higher revenue streams due to better commercial deals and CL Football every year.

So what "works" for Arsenal, might not work for us at the current time.

I would have thought somebody who claims to have a business understanding would realise this?

You do realise Arsenal are a much different club to us tho?

They have access to higher revenue streams due to better commercial deals and CL Football every year.

So what "works" for Arsenal, might not work for us at the current time.

I would have thought somebody who claims to have a business understanding would realise this?

Goat. Pipe down serious business being talked here.

Funding EFC's stadium is one reason he is coming here.

There's no suggestion at all that Moshiri will bring in other investors. The letter has to be viewed in the context of the battle between R&W and Kroenke.

Last edited:
There's no suggestion at all that Moshiri will bring in other investors. The letter has to be written in the context of the battle between R&W and Kroenke.

Oh come now Mr Esk.

It would make reasonable sense given the high cost of the stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back