Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Can I just go back to my earlier point on fan groups. It seems counter productive to me in any aspect of life to be critical of, and hostile to those who you hope to influence.

So in the case of a fan group, who are you trying to influence - (i) the shareholders and directors/management of the club and (ii) the wider fan base who perhaps hold different views through inertia and ignorance, and those who are just concerned with how we perform week in, week out on the pitch. The wider and deeper a fan group's support the more weight their message carries to the shareholders/directors/management.

The key strategy for fan groups, in my opinion is to have an alignment of interests secured with those in power, and those whom you wish to represent. That can only be achieved by building relationships on both sides, and through careful management of public relations - whilst satisfying in the short term there's little benefit in public point scoring with either constituent party whilst trying to win trust and support.

As in any form of negotiation, a relationship has to be built, trust has to be established and a recognition of a common cause has to be created, then the hard words can be said, privately. To campaign the "hard words" publicly with any of the interested parties without the trust and alignment of interests is a strategy destined to failure with the club and supporters and in my opinion totally counter-productive.

Agreed but under the old guard (still on the board) they never engadged in transparency and communication.

KEIOC will be looking to bypass the those whom shut the door on communications in the past.

Can I just go back to my earlier point on fan groups. It seems counter productive to me in any aspect of life to be critical of, and hostile to those who you hope to influence.

So in the case of a fan group, who are you trying to influence - (i) the shareholders and directors/management of the club and (ii) the wider fan base who perhaps hold different views through inertia and ignorance, and those who are just concerned with how we perform week in, week out on the pitch. The wider and deeper a fan group's support the more weight their message carries to the shareholders/directors/management.

The key strategy for fan groups, in my opinion is to have an alignment of interests secured with those in power, and those whom you wish to represent. That can only be achieved by building relationships on both sides, and through careful management of public relations - whilst satisfying in the short term there's little benefit in public point scoring with either constituent party whilst trying to win trust and support.

As in any form of negotiation, a relationship has to be built, trust has to be established and a recognition of a common cause has to be created, then the hard words can be said, privately. To campaign the "hard words" publicly with any of the interested parties without the trust and alignment of interests is a strategy destined to failure with the club and supporters and in my opinion totally counter-productive.
Communication. Imperative. They have the chance to start afresh with a new owner. Let's hope their communication style is one that invites Mr Moshiri to want to meet with them, because from afar he strikes me as a man who would love meeting Evertonians.

Agreed but under the old guard (still on the board) they never engadged in transparency and communication.

KEIOC will be looking to bypass the those whom shut the door on communications in the past.

You make a valid point, but again it becomes a matter of strategy. What's the use of being locked outside the city walls shouting loudly, when with a different strategy perhaps you could be engaged in conversation inside?

The second point I'd mention, and I'm on the fan group side rather than the incumbent's side, is the constant tendency to look backwards and use that for a justification of your stance. Far better to learn from past experiences but not refer to them - particularly when there's a newcomer on the block who might be more receptive to fan engagement?

I've never really understood all the resentment towards the BU and / or KEIOC. I've followed them from their start-up and personally have always thought that they've always held the Club's best interests at heart and have put a lot of time and effort into bringing the failings of the Club at a boardroom level to the forefront of fans' mind.

People may not agree with how they've gone about this on occasions but ultimately I just think they want what's best for Everton to move forward.

I've never really understood all the resentment towards the BU and / or KEIOC. I've followed them from their start-up and personally have always thought that they've always held the Club's best interests at heart and have put a lot of time and effort into bringing the failings of the Club at a boardroom level to the forefront of fans' mind.

People may not agree with how they've gone about this on occasions but ultimately I just think they want what's best for Everton to move forward.
I agree. The work they did during the Kirkby fiasco in exposing the Everton Board, CEO and Chairman warrants respect forever.

I thread banned you.
I wasn't upset with you at all, you were just being gobby in an off-topic way.
I know who thread banned me mate,I don't think I was being "gobby" at all

But you obviously enjoy having some sort of power on here

Anyway,back to the point I raised
Does anyone think Moshiri will go it alone or introduce someone else to invest?

I'll jump in before you get thread banned again mate.
I think he'll start off alone, but in a few seasons will have other wealthy investors join him that will make us a superpower of world football.

Mate, these conversations can only ever end one way, my advice would be to drop it.

All the mods volunteer their time not to exercise power, we can all do that in our real lives, but to have a football forum blues enjoy spending time on.

Re Moshiri he's definitely going it alone. He now has agreement to acquire 76.6% of the equity (including the 49.9% he already owns).

Mate, these conversations can only ever end one way, my advice would be to drop it.

All the mods volunteer their time not to exercise power, we can all do that in our real lives, but to have a football forum blues enjoy spending time on.

Re Moshiri he's definitely going it alone. He now has agreement to acquire 76.6% of the equity (including the 49.9% he already owns).
Cheers Esk,I myself think he will also go it alone.........until Usmanov gets fed up at the gunners :)

@The Esk

Someone sent me a screenshot of the docs but hsrd to make out.

Looking at your post above and what i could make out on the screenshot -- Moshiri has an exercisable option this summer to increase his stake to 76.6% ?

Is that the remaning shares from the usual suspects or any additional such as Granchester etc?

Any particular caveats in the option?

@The Esk

Someone sent me a screenshot of the docs but hsrd to make out.

Looking at your post above and what i could make out on the screenshot -- Moshiri has an exercisable option this summer to increase his stake to 76.6% ?

Is that the remaning shares from the usual suspects or any additional such as Granchester etc?

Any particular caveats in the option?

He has the option to acquire BK JW and Abercromby's shares which when exercised would take his holding to 76.6%.

The terms, conditions and timing are not detailed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back