Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
The "hate" grew out of a series of catastrophic commercial bungles, bungled stadium projects and a steady reduction in transparency and honesty as BK and Elstone increasingly adopted a paranoid bunker mentality in 'relations' with organised fan and shareholder groups. The fan groups were not always blameless but the EFC hierarchy did not handle criticism and scrutiny very professionally.

The entry of Moshiri should change the game. Time and actions will determine to what extent that change is beneficial. For now, at least, both BK and Elstone remain in the game. That is a warning sign for those who have come to distrust them both.

Having said that, we need to move on and look to the future. Constantly harking back to past failures is only remotely useful if it is to make sure lessons have been learned. Otherwise it is just self-indulgent name-calling.

Mate you had a pre-conceived opinion, you posed something based on said opinion and it was totally incorrect, just let it go.

This whole series of posts says a lot more about you than anyone else TBH.

Hi mate
You are getting very personal about a poster who has done more to explain FFP and the finances behind Everton than probably anyone bar @The Esk and @Pabbers

@bizzaro is a great Blue with no sinister ulterior motives.

Hi mate
You are getting very personal about a poster who has done more to explain FFP and the finances behind Everton than probably anyone bar @The Esk and @Pabbers

@bizzaro is a great Blue with no sinister ulterior motives.

You appear to have totally misunderstood, I'm not the person making up totally false accusations about other evertonians nor have I got personal in any way shape or form. I merely suggested that he let his False accusations go unles he comes up with any evidence to back them up.

It also has absolutely zero to do with FFP so I'm mightily confused as to what relevance that has at all.

You appear to have totally misunderstood, I'm not the person making up totally false accusations about other evertonians nor have I got personal in any way shape or form. I merely suggested that he let his False accusations go unles he comes up with any evidence to back them up.

It also has absolutely zero to do with FFP so I'm mightily confused as to what relevance that has at all.

FFP is very important to Damo mate.

I personally think you owe him an apology.

I look at KEIOC and BU (both piping up in the past 7 days) plus others... and it looks like the SNP and/or UKIP after the Scottish / European referendum 'no' votes

and them attempting a rebrand trying to appear relevant.

The problem I have with it is they're just playing at understanding it (the business) as opposed to actually understanding it as @MoutsGoat said.

Whereas there are some who do actually understand it. @The Esk and @Neiler

I don't like the 'entitlement'. I don't like the attitude. I don't like the self promotion of these groups.

BU in particular piped up with some ridiculous comments on twitter. The entitled few shoudn't be making unreasonable demands. Not at this stage.

Protests should only happen when there is something legitimate to protest about.

Or they're just the boy who cried wolf.

Certainly I would not consider either groups as 'joinable' as they're not like other supporters associations. Like EDSA or local associations. Who don't go protesting at the drop of a hat.

Moshiri hasn't done an interview in 3 weeks
Protest!

Moshiri hasn't built a 100,000 capacity stadium in 3 weeks
Protest!

Moshiri hasn't given supporters free ale at Goodison
Protest!

Moshiri hasn't spent a zillion pounds on players
Protest!

Etc etc etc

Excellent post.

Can I just go back to my earlier point on fan groups. It seems counter productive to me in any aspect of life to be critical of, and hostile to those who you hope to influence.

So in the case of a fan group, who are you trying to influence - (i) the shareholders and directors/management of the club and (ii) the wider fan base who perhaps hold different views through inertia and ignorance, and those who are just concerned with how we perform week in, week out on the pitch. The wider and deeper a fan group's support the more weight their message carries to the shareholders/directors/management.

The key strategy for fan groups, in my opinion is to have an alignment of interests secured with those in power, and those whom you wish to represent. That can only be achieved by building relationships on both sides, and through careful management of public relations - whilst satisfying in the short term there's little benefit in public point scoring with either constituent party whilst trying to win trust and support.

As in any form of negotiation, a relationship has to be built, trust has to be established and a recognition of a common cause has to be created, then the hard words can be said, privately. To campaign the "hard words" publicly with any of the interested parties without the trust and alignment of interests is a strategy destined to failure with the club and supporters and in my opinion totally counter-productive.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back