Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Very few people knew anything of Moshiri, including people in the club whom you might expect to have done so even 6 or 7 hours before the news broke. It was a very tightly held transaction, the M&N deal was still thought to be live 24 hours before the Daily Mail broke the Moshiri deal.

I think you'll find I state "in my opinion" at times and other times I just make a statement - "in my opinion" means exactly that, if I don't say that it means I've been informed of something.

There's many things I've been informed of which never make the public domain. I'm not out to prove myself or to be considered in anyway ITK, I'm happy for you to form your own opinion - judge me as you see me.
you literally don't have to explain yourself to anyone mate.

It was a very tightly held transaction, the M&N deal was still thought to be live 24 hours before the Daily Mail broke the Moshiri deal.

You and I both know the amount of time, work and money that goes into completing deals of this size, there is no way the M&N deal was live 24 hours before the Moshiri deal went public. For one thing, the papers had been hugely quite on M&N for several weeks prior, the reason being that the selling shareholders had clearly decided Moshiri was the right purchaser; the M&N deal had long fallen through.

You and I both know the amount of time, work and money that goes into completing deals of this size, there is no way the M&N deal was live 24 hours before the Moshiri deal went public. For one thing, the papers had been hugely quite on M&N for several weeks prior, the reason being that the selling shareholders had clearly decided Moshiri was the right purchaser.

Im in no way "sticking up for esk", hes quite capable of doing that himself, the thing with the Moshiri deal is that Bill himself said he spoke to him over 18months ago, it was an ongoing thing, in Bills own words Mosh rang him up and said "lets do it", so we could "assume" that Bill was the only 1 that knew it was gonna happen?

Just a POV.

there is no way the M&N deal was live 24 hours before the Moshiri deal went public.

I said was still thought to be live, not was live. Anyway, as I say, judge me as you see me, I'm quite happy either way mate.

Oh, one other thing, the Moshiri deal went public long before it was due to do so - the name of the person who made it public is in this thread (not a poster obviously).

When the Mail broke the story, the club were forced into making the announcement Saturday afternoon to stop the Sunday paper's speculation.

I don't but the idea of you all taking me out for drinks for you to find out is appealing lol
I will do bad things to you when you're drunk. I'm fairly certain quite a fee of them are illegal in most forward thinking countries.

brows.gif

Im in no way "sticking up for esk", hes quite capable of doing that himself, the thing with the Moshiri deal is that Bill himself said he spoke to him over 18months ago, it was an ongoing thing, in Bills own words Mosh rang him up and said "lets do it", so we could "assume" that Bill was the only 1 that knew it was gonna happen?

Yeah it's quite possible that only BK knew for a long period of time, though the other shareholders and their advisors would also have had to have been involved relatively early on for the deal to have legs. They did a very impressive job of keeping it under wraps though, not an easy thing to do.

Anyway, not trying to have a dig at @The Esk in any way, just voicing a query. He's a very good blue and I enjoy reading his posts.

Yeah it's quite possible that only BK knew for a long period of time, though the other shareholders and their advisors would also have had to have been involved relatively early on for the deal to have legs. They did a very impressive job of keeping it under wraps though, not an easy thing to do.

Anyway, not trying to have a dig at @The Esk in any way, just voicing a query. He's a very good blue and I enjoy reading his posts.

Im just happy hes convinced Martinez is going, thats good enough for me, we believe what we want to believe!!!

I mean no disrespect to @The Esk at all by asking the question re whether he has sources. It's just when I catch up on this thread and read pages of posts like...

...it makes me wonder whether @The Esk has valid sources, or whether he is a just a great blue who shares his (considerable) knowledge of the game and the football industry. Seems more like the latter to me.

For example, I know that esk had no inkling of the Moshiri deal until it went public and was in fact posting that the deal with the yanks was still on shortly before (when it must have been off for several weeks). I know the esk calls 5 live and talks like a passionate and articulate fan (and does us proud), but I haven't seen any prophecies which lead me to believe he is in the know.
It's posts like this, which, despite the 'friendly' tone, stop people who do hear things and know things from passing them on.

Maybe, just maybe, people don't reveal too much so as not lead to possible identification and the ramifications of their revealing such information. Personal identity and privacy is a precious thing these days and the boom in social media etc has made exposing identities a whole lot easier. Hiding behind a keyboard is a myth as every use of those social media outlets leaves a footprint which is traceable to its origin.

Add this to the fact that certain cockwombles are all over any word said/written and then do their utmost to pick away at the info, even go so far as to launch personal attacks on those who just try to pass on what they hear. It becomes more of a hassle than its worth, so inevitably the info heard is passed on less and less until it stops.

So, stop being a tit and take on what people pass on in the best of faith without feeling the need to try and call them out and pick at every word.

Tl Dr?

Pipe down lad.

It's posts like this, which, despite the 'friendly' tone, stop people who do hear things and know things from passing them on.

Maybe, just maybe, people don't reveal too much so as not lead to possible identification and the ramifications of their revealing such information. Personal identity and privacy is a precious thing these days and the boom in social media etc has made exposing identities a whole lot easier. Hiding behind a keyboard is a myth as every use of those social media outlets leaves a footprint which is traceable to its origin.

Add this to the fact that certain cockwombles are all over any word said/written and then do their utmost to pick away at the info, even go so far as to launch personal attacks on those who just try to pass on what they hear. It becomes more of a hassle than its worth, so inevitably the info heard is passed on less and less until it stops.

So, stop being a tit and take on what people pass on in the best of faith without feeling the need to try and call them out and pick at every word.

Tl Dr?

Pipe down lad.

I was trying to suggest exactly this with my earlier post, but you have said it far more eloquently than I could! Nice one, mate.

FWIW the 'official' but off-the-record line being given to friends of the club in the national and local press is:
1. No decision on manager's future until season end
2. Will be a thorough review of season & meeting with Martinez to discuss plans before any decision reached
3. Substantial funds available irrespective of sales

I have variations on this from 3 different press guys who have been briefed so I'm assuming it is the party line. It doesn't really tell us anything but it does suggest Martinez is under more scrutiny/pressure than BK's glib train response (really, what else could he say?).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back