Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
@bizzarro Wasn't commenting on anything other than the fact in law that BK still has power because other people had asserted he hasn't.
If you aren't prepared to accept that and try and make my post something it wasn't, good luck.
People a sight more savvy than yourself picked up on it.

The key caveat is "in law". In reality in private businesses the major shareholder (particularly someone who is going to become majority holder through investment and take up of options) calls all the shots and the board follows his/her direction. This is entirely my premise when I say that Bill has no power and no influence (should Moshiri disagree or choose to ignore it, which I'm certain is the case) over team management appointments and retention.

In law. BK does have some power. However, in law BK has liability for it too. If Moshiri did want to dispute anything.

Either way BK will want to cooperate with his major shareholder and with a proxy on the board. Or he would be a little bit silly.
Whilst there are provisions within the 2006 Act to hold a director to account, all he need do is show he honestly believed he was doing the right thing - very difficult to prove otherwise and had this discussion on the board thread from memory.

In law. BK does have some power. However, in law BK has liability for it too. If Moshiri did want to dispute anything.

Either way BK will want to cooperate with his major shareholder and with a proxy on the board. Or he would be a little bit silly.

I think you'll find any power arising from the position of Chairman arises from the Articles of Association not from legislation.

Bill will do as he is told, like the rest of the directors.

The key caveat is "in law". In reality in private businesses the major shareholder (particularly someone who is going to become majority holder through investment and take up of options) calls all the shots and the board follows his/her direction. This is entirely my premise when I say that Bill has no power and no influence (should Moshiri disagree or choose to ignore it, which I'm certain is the case) over team management appointments and retention.
Theoretical and in law, used both cavaets and still getting grief- must have been a bad man in a previous incarnation.

I think you'll find any power arising from the position of Chairman arises from the Articles of Association not from legislation.

Bill will do as he is told, like the rest of the directors.

The articles of association govern the appointment of and/or the position of the chairman of the board. However, the law is the law is the law Esk. Regardless of private undertakings.

The articles of association govern the appointment of and/or the position of the chairman of the board. However, the law is the law is the law Esk. Regardless of private undertakings.

In corporate law there is no differentiation between directoral responsibilities and liabilities and that of a Chairman, the distinction does not exist.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back