Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Sorry mate, I'm losing what you are trying to argue here - yes the Chairman has wider responsibilities because the Chairman through common law and the AoA can do things other directors cannot do, we all understand that, but what else are you arguing?

If you are arguing that Bill still has power to determine when Martinez is fired, then that is simply not the case

I am not arguing that. I'm arguing that if Bill was 'protecting' Martinez as some speculated and that Moshiri wanted him gone. But Bill was blocking this with 3 to 2 votes on the board and his deciding vote

Then I'm saying Moshiri really could take multiple steps to rectify this. (both in the articles of association, companies act and English Common Law).

However, we both know this ISN'T happening. Thats the point

A shareholder can request the company take action against a board member they believe are acting improperly or do so themselves if the company will not. However, proper legal advice is required to do this.

A so called 'unfair prejudice action'
S994 (1),CA 2006 and the defence is that the director had reasonable belief that they were not acting in a prejudicial manner.
It is a petition to the court, and requires court approval to proceed I think. Oh wait, that's what I said before isn't it.

I am not arguing that. I'm arguing that if Bill was 'protecting' Martinez as some speculated and that Moshiri wanted him gone. But Bill was blocking this with 3 to 2 votes on the board and his deciding vote

Then I'm saying Moshiri really could take multiple steps to rectify this. (both in the articles of association, companies act and English Common Law).

Fair enough - in agreement

S994 (1),CA 2006 and the defence is that the director had reasonable belief that they were not acting in a prejudicial manner.
It is a petition to the court, and requires court approval to proceed I think. Oh wait, that's what I said before isn't it.

No mate. I do not believe you did.

No, that is what I first theorised about including remedies.
You've spent most of the evening talking in vague terms about me being incorrect, and have finally stated what I said in my initial post.

Are you saying I was not acting in good faith?
lakers_oh_snap.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back