Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Ruthlessness is not a long term business strategy.

We need people who are effective and get high value commercial deals on favourable terms to the club.

Comparative to other clubs.

Not ruthlessness. As that is short term. It gives high yields shortterm but reduced yields in the long term

@The Esk

The numerous mega corps that operate entirely in that manner would disagree, Microsoft aren't exactly softly softly as an orginisation are they?

In terms of commercial deals - being ruthless is what will constantly push your next deal to be bigger and better, rather than settling for the nice comfort chair of a long standing deal that doesn't reflect the market value of the commercial arm or product your striking a deal over - see Evertons kit sponsorship deal, see Evertons kitbag deal for examples of how familiarality with a commercial party without having a ruthless streak will see you get walked all voer in negotiations Damo

It's a pity that Martinez has made such a massive mess of things but imagine this same scenario without the Moshiri deal. At least, now, this has given the club the opportunity to re-build. We are in a position to employ a first class manager, as opposed to an up and coming prospect. We can afford decent ready made replacements for the senior players and we can, hopefully, keep hold of unsettled players.
Without the Morishi deal this Martinez fiasco could have plunged this club into a depth it may never have recovered from. So, if nothing else, the timing has been right. I think that Martinez would have been replaced eventually but these recent events and run of results have speeded up the process and we will have an exciting close season ahead.

It's a pity that Martinez has made such a massive mess of things but imagine this same scenario without the Moshiri deal. At least, now, this has given the club the opportunity to re-build. We are in a position to employ a first class manager, as opposed to an up and coming prospect. We can afford decent ready made replacements for the senior players and we can, hopefully, keep hold of unsettled players.
Without the Morishi deal this Martinez fiasco could have plunged this club into a depth it may never have recovered from. So, if nothing else, the timing has been right. I think that Martinez would have been replaced eventually but these recent events and run of results have speeded up the process and we will have an exciting close season ahead.
We'd be without any hope. None whatsoever.

Personally I think there are two sides to this particular point.

Yes it is fabulous that it looks like we found a serious investor who is in it for the good of the club. The only downside I can think of though, is that as a managerial proposition, the fact that Lukaku and Stones will probably be off, plus no European football next season, I can't see too many first class managers being in a rush to take the job on.

ted, good call agree with everything you say here;)

How much money we got to spend then ?
one-million-dollars.jpg

All of this lack of communication from the club and Bill thinking Martinez is a top manager has got me really nervous about Moshiri, I need to see action and decisions taken quickly. Bobby should be on gardening leave now so the fans can see that the leadership have it all under control. Speak to us mush lad.

All of this lack of communication from the club and Bill thinking Martinez is a top manager has got me really nervous about Moshiri, I need to see action and decisions taken quickly. Bobby should be on gardening leave now so the fans can see that the leadership have it all under control. Speak to us mush lad.
I don't think Moshiri is going to be the type of owner to speak directly to the press. You should notice though that the club clearly briefed the guardian at least about this meeting to discuss Martinez's future, since they came out with the story at 10:30 last night, followed by Paul Joyce who has been fairly reliable in the past too.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/25/everton-board-roberto-martinez-future
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Moshiri-Woods-Premier-League-FA-Cup-Sack-News

As @The Esk also mentioned, Martinez isn't being asked to communicate to the press through Everton's official channels - looking on the Everton site the only thing from him is his official press conference from after the match, they didn't even interview him personally like they normally do and there's been no news mentioning him since the game ended. I think this is looking like the end for Martinez.

I don't think Moshiri is going to be the type of owner to speak directly to the press. You should notice though that the club clearly briefed the guardian at least about this meeting to discuss Martinez's future, since they came out with the story at 10:30 last night, followed by Paul Joyce who has been fairly reliable in the past too.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/25/everton-board-roberto-martinez-future
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Moshiri-Woods-Premier-League-FA-Cup-Sack-News

As @The Esk also mentioned, Martinez isn't being asked to communicate to the press through Everton's official channels - looking on the Everton site the only thing from him is his official press conference from after the match, they didn't even interview him personally like they normally do and there's been no news mentioning him since the game ended. I think this is looking like the end for Martinez.
Doesn't fill me with much hope when it mentions he is likely to be in charge on Saturday

Doesn't fill me with much hope when it mentions he is likely to be in charge on Saturday
It doesn't even say he definitely will be though:

Martínez is, at this stage, expected to be in charge for Bournemouth’s visit

The board might decide to bin him there and then after this meeting takes place. We'll know soon anyway because the club will have to decide whether to let him take the pre-match press conference or not. If they don't want him speaking to the press they'll have to get rid of him before Thursday/Friday/whenever the press conference is scheduled.

If he does attend the Thursday Press Conference then there is only going to be one topic of discussion and I can't see the Board allowing him to continue to embarrass himself - and then sack him. Really has to go before Thursday, which means tomorrow could be his last day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back