• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
2e0mg03.jpg

Fixed.

33xu68g.jpg

Forgive me, but arent the majority of the shares now largely enjoyed by multiple individuals?

I think the line in the statement is very telling..

'The Premier League has never been such a level playing field'.

I read that as transfer funds.

I thought that statement was telling as well. Seems to imply that with some (but not necessarily Man City) levels of investment we could compete at the top level. I think he is probably right in this.

Some truth in that.

Can't see us spending silly money in the transfer market in the short term, but neither can I see us charging silly amounts for season tickets.

But this should give us a real solid platform to build on.

Just something that came to me earlier.

The scope for growth on the commercial side of things is huge, so many things can and will hopefully be done better, plus its a different era we enter now, with 3 figure fees from our Sky overlords, at least now, to a degree we are "protected" if the bubble ever bursts.

For years we have just needed somebody to just put a little money in now and again, we dont need to spend 000ms every season on players and hell, if "we" have to pay for our own stadia, so be it. As I stated earlier, we are probably operating at around 20% in terms of profit, in my humble NVQ Business Admin Level 1 opinion and the scope to improve that is unmeasurable, we have a loyal worldwide fanbase, granted it doesnt touch Uniteds, Chelseas, Arses and even the vermin across the Park, but most of it is untapped in terms of shirts and other things.

The sponge is soaking, squeeze it Moshy lad, squeeze it and leave it dry on the floor.

Brilliant post mate, must've been ace to wake up to this

It was mate. Im buzzing here. Its still only mid day so I still got all day to walk round with a MASSIVE smile on my face. The more I hear/read and think about the deal - Im convinced that this could turn out to be on of the best deals for any football club. Moshiri has (at this point) 49.9% stake in the club, laving Bill a big part of it until the day he dies. Bill is a blue through and through, and still has aces up his sleeves. I seriously believe Moshiri has a chance to become an even bigger stakeholder at some point, but Im not sure now - I THINK we may see some ground breaking deals still to come - Chinese anyone? Whose to say they wont come on board at some point. Who will fund (the quite obvious stadium) thats in the pipeline?

The mid boggles thinking how good a deal this could actually turn out to be, and how Kenwright, for all his faults (Kings Dock, Tesco's, watch this space quotes etc. etc) may just depart this earth (sadly through ill health) after leaving Everton well and truly in a fantastic position. His dying legacy if you like after all his broken promises. Don't get me wrong, I'm still VERY cautiously optimistic, in my last post I mentioned Evertonians could be deluded at times and I may be being that, I have not been Bills biggest fan, I'm on the fence with Martinez etc, but I just get a REALLY good feeling about this.

What a day to be an Evertonian - and just imagine if City do the Red S**** tomorrow. BEST WEEKEND EVER! Even if that lot win tomorrow with an own goal after 9 minutes of the 7 added on - nothing can dampen my spirits right now.

COYB/FTRS

If we can have 100m to spend on transfers every season then happy days
On that point, we need some feedback. If it's all about investment let's hear from him all about it. No need for figures, just what he's looking to do to push us on in terms of squad development.

I think this is just the first part of a bigger plan. I think all, some or a large part of the remaining 50.1% will also be sold, either Moshiri picking more shares up or another investor/partner/consortium whatever. Chinese? Russian - that Usmanov has some part to play in all this im sure of it. Russian, Iranian and Chinese - Jeez EFC could go some way to solving world peace.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back