Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Going off the postings of mr Esk, by this time next year I expect the following to either be in place or have been in place for a while -

1. A new manager to come in and reunite the fan base, steady the team and improve results having had money to develop the squad over the summer of 2016 and the January 2017 transfer window.
2. Plans made public for a new stadium which will excite the fans and give us all a bright future to look forward to (hopefully somewhere with a great location close to the city centre).
3. New investors brought onto the board by Mr Moshri to make Everton a really competitive club in the English PL.
4. A change in mindset from "being happy to be here" at board level, to one of ambition with an effort to strive for the best we can.

Realistic? I feel this would be a great place to start for the new investors. we are a blank canvas, with some great assets and great tradition which needs to be built on.

I would settle for that. An overhaul of the communications department and communication generally between club and fans would also be in order.

He / those articulating on his behalf have to get the balance right between making the sort of plain stupid, unsubstantiated, "I'll get you in the Champions League" sound-byte comment which comes back to make us look silly whilst at the same time keeping us informed of the general direction of travel he would like the club to take over the next 5-10 years.

I don't expect nor is it wise to make public details of things like precise transfer budgets or internal targets set for the manager. I wonder if it might be a good idea though for Moshiri (or perhaps Ryazantsev) to make time to sit down with one of the more respected broadsheet football journalists over the summer, after the new manager is in place, to expand on the themes he set out in his introductory message in the program notes. Someone like Andy Hunter or Matt Law who would do it justice.

I wonder if it might be a good idea though for Moshiri (or perhaps Ryazantsev) to make time to sit down with one of the more respected broadsheet football journalists over the summer, after the new manager is in place, to expand on the themes he set out in his introductory message in the program notes. Someone like Andy Hunter or Matt Law who would do it justice.

Absolutely agree with this. If the new board are overseeing a change in the mindset/ambition at the club then the wider world should know that its driven from the top down not the dugout up.

What will Ryazantsev day to day job at the club involve?

f0760ed82112478b82faa8517458ebe1.jpg

Do you think this Ryazantsev was one of these "mysterious" Russians that taxi drivers kept picking up at JLA and Lime St. quite a while before Moshiri acquired his shareholding ?
Heard plenty of tales in work about Russians allegedly in town saying Everton were about to be taken over.
These were laughed at and filed under "Defoe cashpoint/Moutinhio Raddison" but you never know !

He does not have a day to day job with the club, he is a non-executive director - I'd imagine he probably spends a day a week, possibly slightly more at this stage on Everton matters.

Given his background I'd imagine it is on financial restructuring and stadium related issues.
Surely the day to day running of club isn't still just down to elstone? That is frightening

Surely the day to day running of club isn't still just down to elstone? That is frightening

If he starts looking at the books, those days would be over. I hope he resolves the manager situation quick so he can work on the financial aspects of it quickly.

You used the wrong write at the end but a very good read nonetheless. Nail on head as to the current manager and board situation and what to expect going forward.

Soz for being a grammar Nazi like.

thanks, noticed a couple of errors, didn't proof read it fully

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back