Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Was thinking maybe Moshy, as things stand, doesn't have the legal framework to sack Bobby and that there's more i's to be dotted before he has that capability and that power may lie with Bill presently. If Bill were to sack Bob now it could hit him in his pocket so he has no incentive to do it now and will let Moshy take the hit at seasons end when he fully takes control. Just another option.

Just some ramblings, but bear with me please.
How is Mr Moshiri going to inject funds into the club?
Are Prudential/AIB negotiations close to being finalised thus enabling the options to be exercised?
The 2 above are inextricably linked imho, because if Pru isn't sorted, the "takeover" cannot take place.
This leads to an inability to go ahead with a rights issue (if that is the intention) and would mean that the only injection of capital would be in the form of a loan.
A rights issue gives the club free capital whereas, unless Mr Moshiri is prepared to give the other shareholders a free ride with an interest free loan, a loan may not.
Hopefully this is just me being a miserable git.

I have mentioned this before, but does Moshiri intend to bring other investors in? I think he will be great for Everton but at the moment I'm not sure exactly what his level of ambition is for us. If we are to compete with the elite clubs I would have thought he won't be able to finance that on his net wealth alone.

I have mentioned this before, but does Moshiri intend to bring other investors in? I think he will be great for Everton but at the moment I'm not sure exactly what his level of ambition is for us. If we are to compete with the elite clubs I would have thought he won't be able to finance that on his net wealth alone.

Of course he can, hes worth 2billion.

Are Prudential/AIB negotiations close to being finalised thus enabling the options to be exercised?
The 2 above are inextricably linked imho, because if Pru isn't sorted, the "takeover" cannot take place.
This leads to an inability to go ahead with a rights issue (if that is the intention) and would mean that the only injection of capital would be in the form of a loan.
A rights issue gives the club free capital whereas, unless Mr Moshiri is prepared to give the other shareholders a free ride with an interest free loan, a loan may not.
Surely a personal guarantee against the Pru loan would be enough to suffice in relation to any supposed clauses in the loan agreement regarding change of ownership?

The fact that Moshiri has an agreed purchase price on the remaining major shareholders equity means that any added value he might facilitate would exclude 75% of the equity.

Surely a personal guarantee against the Pru loan would be enough to suffice in relation to any supposed clauses in the loan agreement regarding change of ownership?

The fact that Moshiri has an agreed purchase price on the remaining major shareholders equity means that any added value he might facilitate would exclude 75% of the equity.
The personal guarantee thing may have been proposed to be honest, I'm taking the viewpoint that the Pru/AIB is an obstacle to change of ownership and issue of shares as that appears to be the case for EIL(from memory). It is also a potential barrier to ground redevelopment/move.

The second bit is I am questioning if Mr Moshiri is going to give the 25% a free ride with an interest free loan?

Suppose he make an offer for those shares in due course. It's just me getting bored.

Next thing Damo'll be kicking off.

The personal guarantee thing may have been proposed to be honest, I'm taking the viewpoint that the Pru/AIB is an obstacle to change of ownership and issue of shares as that appears to be the case for EIL(from memory). It is also a potential barrier to ground redevelopment/move.

The second bit is I am questioning if Mr Moshiri is going to give the 25% a free ride with an interest free loan?

Suppose he make an offer for those shares in due course. It's just me getting bored.

Next thing Damo'll be kicking off.
I suppose it'll depend how much any cash input will affect the small shareholders equity value in the short to medium term mate.

Let's be right, if the figures bodied around are correct he's bought his 75% on the cheap anyway, so maybe he's prepared to sacrifice a relatively small increase in equity value on the balance as part of his overall value calculation?

Of course he can, hes worth 2billion.

Just because he is 'worth' 2 billion that does not mean he has 2 billion in readily available funds, and I seriously doubt he is going to liquify the majority of his assets to throw money at EFC.

More along the lines of selling his vision to a few like-minded friends and each of them pumping money into the club, building up the infrastructure as well as the team so they get a return on their investment (because that is all it will be)

Just because he is 'worth' 2 billion that does not mean he has 2 billion in readily available funds, and I seriously doubt he is going to liquify the majority of his assets to throw money at EFC.

More along the lines of selling his vision to a few like-minded friends and each of them pumping money into the club, building up the infrastructure as well as the team so they get a return on their investment (because that is all it will be)

He has more than enough money to do whats needed, that was more my point.

We have gone from an "owner" worth around 15m to 1 thats "worth" around 2 billion and its not enough for some people.

Im sure in time he will possibly get more people onboard, but as stated, he has enough to do what we need.

Being worth £2bn itself opens doors without having to spend major amounts, because inevitably important people will now listen, whether it is Liverpool Council, commercial sponsors, players agents or his own array of contacts which no doubt will be far more valuable to us than those of Kenwright et al.

This is next level investment, no one expects him to sell off his business empire to buy Messi and Ronaldo (well, maybe a few people...), but we are now capable of competing financially and commercially with the wealthier clubs.

I suspect he's going to go down the preference share route, which will be convertible or repayable at a later date - get's around the control issue if the triggers for taking up the options are, as is suspected, linked to funding and stadium development progress.

I suspect he's going to go down the preference share route, which will be convertible or repayable at a later date - get's around the control issue if the triggers for taking up the options are, as is suspected, linked to funding and stadium development progress.

Will that mean increasing the clubs baseline debt figure mate?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back