Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
But Kenwrights still going to be there right?

Sorry, 8 hours & almost 1200 replies, I'm bound to have missed something but...I thought the whole club was valued at 200 million. If 175 million is correct, does that literally mean they were asking for 350 million? (Sorry, no lb symbol on this keyboard)
The 175, so far only mentioned by a sky reporter, was for the full 100% so on that assumption Moshiri has only spent 87.5 buying the 49.9%.

Slightly cheaper than the 200m the club was rumoired to be going for but the slightly reduced price is meant to be contingent on him making investments elsewhere in the club both squad and stadium. Those are the rumours at any rate, hopefully have more details in the following days.

All sources currently seem to be quoting club valued at 175mil so about 87.5 mil for his shares.

I know it's late and you're more than likely chilling out, but now Usmanov has 30.04% of Arsenal does that give him any leverage to make an offer to become their majority shareholder? Or is that something he could just do anyway? Reason i ask i seen a post regarding Usmanov having an opportunity to buy Kroenke out.

Imagine waking up( that instant just before you know your awake) realising you bought a controlling stake in the greatest Team in the world....

The 175, so far only mentioned by a sky reporter, was for the full 100% so on that assumption Moshiri has only spent 87.5 buying the 49.9%.

Slightly cheaper than the 200m the club was rumoired to be going for but the slightly reduced price is meant to be contingent on him making investments elsewhere in the club both squad and stadium. Those are the rumours at any rate, hopefully have more details in the following days.
Cheers LL. That makes a lot more sense. Couldn't see them paying over & above the oft quoted price & then have to dig deeper with investment.

We're in the middle of one of the better recent days of our history and you're peddling dangerous drugs?
What is this madness
We've finally got that billionaire investment we've been looking for years, the plotters and cult are chatting happily so wondered if the miracles could continue and those previously rigid might unbend enough to try a slice...

TEAM POP!!!

I know it's late and you're more than likely chilling out, but now Usmanov has 30.04% of Arsenal does that give him any leverage to make an offer to become their majority shareholder? Or is that something he could just do anyway? Reason i ask i seen a post regarding Usmanov having an opportunity to buy Kroenke out.
Don't deal with plc's but pretty certain that 30% is the tipping point for making an offer. But that may be for FTSE listed - Arsenal is listed on a weird exchange so is traded but only infrequently. Sorry, not much help.

49% though.....who's shares have been sold?? I cant see much change here, its not exactly a take over.

This is exactly what bill wanted.

Need more details

reading reports of;

All of Earl's shares (23%)
and a proportion of Kenwrights and Woods to male up the other 27% ( rounding up here, 0.1% = meh )
we will find out as and when the official records are updated, which is a statutory requirement, but I'm not sure on the time scale allowed to do this.

Earl had 8146 shares and a price for the 49.9% stake? 175M is bandied about, makes 1 share 'worth' GBP 9,888 X 35,000 = 345m New Club 'Value'

X5 on your investment + all the BVI money for how many years... at not one penny cost you himself, luvverly jubberly

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back