Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Definitely seems to be potentially better than the Yanks too. Was slightly worried they'd go down the route of treating us as customers rather than fans, reading about Moshiri, he seems to really embrace fan consultation and is against ridiculous ticket prices.
Actually Martin, I wouldn't have minded being treated as a paying customer for a while !
Rather than a number..

However, I totally agree this new owner looks pyar top draw.

if you want me to type a 500 page post detailing the ins and outs of how it would work then i could write for days but i can't be arsed.

in short, usmanov will obviously have to sell his shares in arsenal, he would then acquire the remainder of the shares at everton and moshiri would acquire 0.1 % to become joint owners of the club.

Moshiri is a billionaire but if he invests all his money in a new stadium, players, clearing the debt he will no longer be a billionaire

This is the thing.

Merely bring a "billionaire" in itself is not the panacea us poor folk think it is in relation to owning a major football club if said billionaire ia not a billionaire, plural.

From what I am reading Mr. Moshiri is worth just over one billion.....in dollars American.

That is what, around 800,000 sterling?

£175 of that spent today.

Leaves just north of £600,000.

New stadium, never mind clearing the debt and buying new players, and soon Mr. Moshiri will be on the breadline.....:pint2:

This is the thing.

Merely bring a "billionaire" in itself is not the panacea us poor folk think it is in relation to owning a major football club if said billionaire ia not a billionaire, plural.

From what I am reading Mr. Moshiri is worth just over one billion.....in dollars American.

New stadium, never mind clearing the debt and buying new players, and soon Mr. Moshiri will be on the breadline.....:pint2:

He worth 1.3 billion pounds

So what is Red & White's vision for the Club? It is simple. A debt free Club, with a big enough war chest to buy top talent players who can hit the ground running and who can complement the Club's long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent. Together they can help the Club win the most prestigious trophies - because it is the trophies which are the crowning achievement for everybody at the Club. The trophies are also key to the commercial success of the Club - they increase the value of the players, the value of the brand, attract the best sponsors and maximize the value of our commercial contracts which should in turn mean that the Club does not have to squeeze any more income from hard pressed fans. We also believe in the transparency that a stock market listing brings so are committed to the Club remaining listed on the stock exchange and to greater fan involvement both through share ownership and also Board representation for the fans.

This is from their 2012 letter to the Arsenal board. Sounds good to me.

This is the thing.

1) Moshiri is worth £1.3b (pound sterling), according to Forbes

2) He sold his stake in Arsenal for £200m, so that is the Everton takeover money there

3) He isn't as rich as some other owners, but he's very rich and can do a lot of positive things

Someone made a good point on the other forum about Lord Granchester, still worth billions, but has a real hatred for Kenwright and one of the reason he's never put money in (apparently). Maybe he's willing to work with Moshiri? Finally loosen the pursestrings?

This is the thing.

1. Made dough off his sale of Arsenal shares.

2. He's worth 1.3 Billion according to Forbes, even more elsewhere.

3. Do you reckon he's spent 175 in a lump sum? Be paid off over a period of time where he's still getting an income elsewhere.

There are literally zero negatives to this deal ATM.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back