Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Thanks for the explanations, I'd rarely tracked the details in the past as figured it would just depress/annoy me for little purpose as no likehood of the situation improving.
I'd windmill but too old and infirm - will have a celebratory coffee and cigarette instead

Must stop this happiness thing - feels scary!

Based on the money, isn't this sort of a sellout where Bill can retain his power ? Which means not much is going to change ??? Other offers for more have been offered previously, so why this particular offer ? No matter what, much of this guy's original investment in ARS is going from Red to Blue and based on his business history, I doubt he's looking for a tax write-off..... so I'd imagine he'll put a bit of pressure on the current management group. If not, I'll give this guy my bank information and after sending me 170+ mil bps, I'll promise to pee it away as quickly as possible!!!! hehehe.

Still cant believe its happened, so quick, I thought it would be dem yanks, then out the blue comes our hero.

Clearly I know nothing of his plans and I know it was mostly a bargaining chip, but that Arse open letter was promising, he realises the way to grow the club is good players on the pitch and a well oiled commercial plan. As always the stadium issue is the biggest headache, it was always gonna be a pain to resolve, but hopefully some fresh faces with fresh ideas can push it on.

Had bad vibes from dem yanks and kinda glad we have gone with somebody who knows how a football club at the highest level should be ran.
For years we have looked at Arses structure with envy and now hopefully we have somebody who knows how every wheel should turn.

Not expecting the fella to throw tons of money at us, we just need the commercial side to grow, something stadia wise and a few bob here and there on some boss footballers, if your reading this Fazzy lad I have some great ideas on how I think we should move forward with regards the playing staff, text me. xxxx

Been reading up on his history at Arsenal and came across a letter from him and Usmanov to Arsenal in 2012. From the letter it is very detailed but some of the key points included;

- Buying up shares within Arsenal but never demanding a board position despite investing £200 million in to the club.

- Disappointment at how fans ticket prices were used to finance the short term costs following the building of the stadium only for the the shareholders and directors to then sell up for vastly larger profits.

- The policy they chose affected how arsenal performed on the pitch due to sales of star players to fund the stadium instead of the shareholders and directors paying for it.

- More attempt has to be made in keeping the star players, players such as Van Persie were allowed to leave too easily despite being the captain and marquee player for the side. The players being targeted should atleast be offered a matching offer in an attempt to keep them at the club and a promise of what the clubs future is to be should they stay.

My favourite part from it would have to be this though;

So what is Red & White's vision for the Club? It is simple. A debt free Club, with a big enough war chest to buy top talent players who can hit the ground running and who can complement the Club's long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent. Together they can help the Club win the most prestigious trophies - because it is the trophies which are the crowning achievement for everybody at the Club. The trophies are also key to the commercial success of the Club - they increase the value of the players, the value of the brand, attract the best sponsors and maximize the value of our commercial contracts which should in turn mean that the Club does not have to squeeze any more income from hard pressed fans. We also believe in the transparency that a stock market listing brings so are committed to the Club remaining listed on the stock exchange and to greater fan involvement both through share ownership and also Board representation for the fans

Just from this one letter alone you get a great idea of the passion and commitment that they have of making a club one of the worlds elite but also making it a financial powerhouse which doesn't bleed its fan base to do so.

Whether or not Usmanov might consider coming on board in the future who knows but if they share the same vision based on this letter then there policies are absolutely spot on and kenwright might be right in his word to bide his time to find the right investor.

Last edited:
Based on the money, isn't this sort of a sellout where Bill can retain his power ? Which means not much is going to change ??? Other offers for more have been offered previously, so why this particular offer ? No matter what, much of this guy's original investment in ARS is going from Red to Blue and based on his business history, I doubt he's looking for a tax write-off..... so I'd imagine he'll put a bit of pressure on the current management group. If not, I'll give this guy my bank information and after sending me 170+ mil bps, I'll promise to pee it away as quickly as possible!!!! hehehe.
bill has no power he sold his shares for a lot of money and a made a nice profit too

whatever bill has agreed with the majority shareholder is a gentleman's agreement i.e. bill says he will sell his shares if he is allowed to have some kind of input on how the club is run i.e. to make sure that the new majority shareholder aint gonna sell all the assets and take the club down etc...

bill has no power he sold his shares for a lot of money and a made a nice profit too

whatever bill has agreed with the majority shareholder is a gentleman's agreement i.e. bill says he will sell his shares if he is allowed to have some kind of input on how the club is run i.e. to make sure that the new majority shareholder aint gonna sell all the assets and take the club down etc...

No Spud, again.

*is Boss....Everton is singular.

:p;)

Common grammar usage allows for football teams to be referred to in singular and collective forms.

Would you say 'Barcelona play' or ' Barcelona plays' with three forwards'? Leicester plays with Vardy as a lone striker? Nope.

The singular gets used more for buyout and club ownership chatter, since the sale of a single entity ( the club ) requires that form.

Fans more naturally think and use the accepted group form.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back