Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Sorry to see the Yanks not get in............. lol
We could of turned in to a great side like Villa........ Hey ho

Yeah, KS, & HULL, too. Arsenal have done ok cash wise, two fa cups hardly dominance though and man utd in decline. Everyone knows Yankee buyers come in with franchise plans, a warped hope of staying NFL or basketball here ( which oddly enough I would watch ) but beyond the Glazers have little success to reward the fans. It's tv money, merchandise, repeat.

Has this fella got any other footballing pedigree besides arsenal?

Anyone else think it a little strange that this comes less than 24 hours after a report in Russia claimed that Usmanov was the new owner/investor of Everton?

We know Usmanov can't hold significant shares in two different clubs, so is this his way of achieving it? Giving his right hand man the dosh to invest in us by "buying" his Arsenal shares to get their foot in the door, while he then try's to flog his Arsenal share to Kroenke?

Another thing I don't quite understand, it seems Kenwright and Woods have wanted a "safety net" by not allowing Moshiri over 50% of the club therefore having a controlling interest, incase they need to outvote him on unpopular decisions.

But what is stopping Moshiri offering the minor shareholders offers they can't refuse, then giving him a controlling stake in the club to then outvote Kenwright and Woods on ANY decision?

Last edited:

Anyone else think it a little strange that this comes less than 24 hours after a report in Russia claimed that Usmanov was the new owner/investor of Everton?

We know Usmanov can't hold significant shares in two different clubs, so is this his way of achieving it? Giving his right hand man the dosh to invest in us by "buying" his Arsenal shares to get their foot in the door, while he then try's to flog his Arsenal share to Kroenke?

Another thing I don't quite understand, it seems Kenwright and Woods have wanted a "safety net" by not allowing Moshiri over 50% of the club therefore having a controlling interest, incase they need to outvote him on unpopular decisions.

But what is stopping Moshiri offering the minor shareholders offers they can't refuse, then giving him a controlling stake in the club to then outvote Kenwright and Woods on ANY decision?

There would be a severe drought of male fluids if Usmanov sold his Arsenal shares and swooped in to buy the other 50.1% of us... only just got a billionaire and I'm dreaming of another haha ;)

I don't know if it because I really want there to be but I to think there's something more to this. I have so many questions. When it was reported in Russia that Usmanov was bidding for us he apparently had a spokesperson deny it.

I don't know if it because I really want there to be but I to think there's something more to this. I have so many questions. When it was reported in Russia that Usmanov was bidding for us he apparently had a spokesperson deny it.
Well they would deny it wouldn't they ;)

Where one goes you usually find the other, a bit like Ant & Dec!

Another angle on it, even if Usmanov doesn't eventually invest as well, could Usmanov be to Moshiri that Philip Green was to Kenwright, albeit a much more helpful one?

Let's be honest Usmanov's wealth is obscene, he blows Roman out of the water financially.

If his mate Moshiri needed a helping hand in pushing a Yarmolenko deal over the line for example, then a friend like that could be very handy to have.

I think there is plenty of interesting twist and turns and fallout to come from this.

Exciting times ahead!

We'll need a Defensive coach and a Dolla Dolla Bills Coach yo

dolla-dolla-bills-yall-o.gif

I think we'll know a lot more once the Premier League approve this deal.

Hopefully we'll have clear plans on the new stadium, we'll hear about the sacking of Robert Elstone and if we're likely to see investment in the first team.

According to a Dutch paper and a goodle translate (@Dutch Toffee please correct is translation wrong!), he originally wanted 75%
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1017/Voetbal...nenenbuitenlandsportenshow&utm_source=dlvr.it
The Iranian businessman Farhad Moshiri bought almost half of the shares of Everton. Billionaire actually wanted in exchange for 250 million euros for 75 percent ownership of the club from Liverpool. Eventually, he has 49.9 percent of the shares received in hands. It is not known how many have received from Everton Moshiri.

The Premier League must still approve the deal. Moshiri sold last Friday, though its share in Arsenal. He promised to strengthen Everton in the summer with a number of new players.
It's about right that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back