Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
From that Mail article quoted a few pages back:

That's interesting.

What would that do for us, in practical terms?

Not sure if I have this right mate but I was reading a post from @hibbo'sclass a few pages back and he was talking about some kind of debt we have with Prudential for our stadium and it would be a big deal of that had been paid off, perhaps for work to be done

I might have read it wrong though Allen as I've not long woken up properly and wanted to read the 20 odd pages I'd missed overnight lol

Still buzzing with the news, I was just considering if it was too early to start popcorning the missus and winding her up but I thought I would leave her be for an hour whilst I catch up with this thread.

And the other possible scenario is that they both wanted to takeover Everton but couldn't do it because they own shares at Arsenal, so they tricked it by Moshiri selling his shares to Usmanov and moving here, now Usmanov will sell his shares and follow Moshiri here.

Why didn't they both sell their shares at Arsenal and bought us directly? They need someone to buy the shares, so it might take time to find a buyer, this way it makes perfect sense, Moshiri is here now and once Usmanov sells his shares, will follow him.

That is the theory we all want as Usmanov blows Roman out of the water. Or Moshiri wants to go alone. If Usmanov was going to eventually owning arsenal then moshiri would have stayed, this seems like moshiri knows that they won't be getting any more shares at arsenal.

A rs I know was turing this into a negative for us saying that we are being used as a pawn to scare arsenal into selling to Usmanov and when this happens moshiri will sell us to Americans. Lol

Sorry forgot to mention, I believe that the development on the car park wasn't being paid for by the club, the people who were doing it wanted some kind of charge on the land which they couldn't have either. The land was already subject to a charge!!!
Everton that.
Think that's right but at 3 in the morning can't be bothered checking.

If my memory serves me correctly, the development that was planned for the Park End car park was allegedly going to be financed by Kitbag, Sodexo and another of the outsourced partners/providers. I might be wrong on this, but I don't think so.

Think Kroenke would buy Usmanovs shares in a flash if he was looking to sell.
But i agree with what you say mate, thinking Usmanov could eventually come here is not as ridiculous as some think, regardless of Usmanov taking Moshiri's shares.

Maybe Usmanov doesn't want to sell to Kroenke or maybe Kroenke is paying less than what he wants

Anyway, i just can't see (on the long term) Usmanov at Arsenal and Moshiri here, they will both end up at the same place

I'll be happy to see someone as hands on as you suggest. If he has effective control then there shouldn't be too much of a time lag in him making his presence felt in terms of CEO and officer level appointments. I get what you and @hibbo'sclass say about the Pru. and that possible roadblock to full control. But if that's the case - and given the length of that securitisation deal - it closes off full control (surely the only condition under which he or anyone else would be willing to invest in the squad or infrastructure? Why would he take on that onerous task and give a free ride to smaller shareholders historically unwilling to invest a red cent?

In short: I'm not sure I see the logic of all this if I look at in the way we'd all like to look at it: as a precursor to serious investment. I look forward to not having fears about having been here before with a simple sale of shares that effectively solves nothing - as per the Gregg sale of shares to Earl.

The Pru can be paid off mate - just needs negotiation. Would have to be if a grouund move were in the offing and possibly on a redevelopment anyway.

My take on this ...

Time, and the Americans bid were pressing. If Moores and Noelle weren't a serious bidder, then Moshiri and the board would have sorted a deal which gave Moshiri total control, but one or more of the old board ( primarily Earl ? ) weren't willing to reject the Americans money for something which might not have happened

End result is what we have now, which gives Moshiri plenty of time, probably months or maybe even a year or so, to really finish the deal.

The reason I'm positive on this deal but was sceptical about Moores / Noelle is because Moshiri's already known about. I didn't have to google him to find out who he is and how he operates and I'm as sure as I can be that he'll be a good fit for the club.

I know it's late and you're more than likely chilling out, but now Usmanov has 30.04% of Arsenal does that give him any leverage to make an offer to become their majority shareholder? Or is that something he could just do anyway? Reason i ask i seen a post regarding Usmanov having an opportunity to buy Kroenke out.

Don't deal with plc's but pretty certain that 30% is the tipping point for making an offer. But that may be for FTSE listed - Arsenal is listed on a weird exchange so is traded but only infrequently. Sorry, not much help.

Morning lads, nothing has changed at Arsenal, Red and White Holdings have held 30.04% for quite some time. The change is at R&W where Usmanov has become the sole owner.

Kroenke holds all the cards at Arsenal, in the words of the football song " Oh Stan Kroenke, he sells when he wants"

At the end of the day moshiri onn his own will be good.

Morning lads, nothing has changed at Arsenal, Red and White Holdings have held 30.04% for quite some time. The change is at R&W where Usmanov has become the sole owner.

Kroenke holds all the cards at Arsenal, in the words of the football song " Oh Stan Kroenke, he sells when he wants"

Yep, he not really improved his influence at all at arsenal. Everyone will be watching Usmanov next move at Arsenal.

Hugely optimistic about this deal. As people have said it's fundamental that he has had Premier League experience at one of our most succesful clubs. His business accumen will be crucial in improving our commercial ventures and marketing. He's obviously well respected financially and there finally really is hope that we can either modernise Goodison or move to a new location. Even if he doesn't spend loads of dosh on the team just these things will be a immense improvement on what we have had up until now.

We have the core of a brilliant team as far as I'm concerned. We don't need the team steam-rollered, just the couple of important yearly signings. Alongside the obvious new tv deal income I don't think that it's a coincence that we've reportedly had more interest/ buyout interest lately also because of our teams onfield potential.
He's British, been here for a long time, been in football for a few years. He will certainly know about Everton and out heritage, especially having come from a similar one at Arsenal and that also is going to be a huge factor in how he would run the club I think.

It will also mean he'll hate the RS nearly as much as we do!

I'm really chuffed, finally I feel that our luck may have finally turned after all these years. I too lived through those wonderfull 80's glory days and the thought that we may be able to have some success again is really exciting. Would love for our younger fans to experience what we had all those years ago, it's unimaginable!

So welcome to our Great Club Farhad Moshiri

Never forget, Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back