Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Open question to anyone with a sensible, evidence based answer but primarily towards the @The Esk as he has a good grasp on our finances:

How much will be financially benefit each season from the removal of the club's debt by our new owner? Obviously if that's the case.

I think interest payments on all our debts from the last accounts were about 4 million ?

Open question to anyone with a sensible, evidence based answer but primarily towards the @The Esk as he has a good grasp on our finances:

How much will be financially benefit each season from the removal of the club's debt by our new owner? Obviously if that's the case.

I am out mate so don't have accounts in front of me.

But from memory there's the saving of interest on the "Vibrac" style loans - depending upon when they're drawn down which will amount to between £1 million and £1.6 million.

There's the Prudential loan which has repayment terms of £2.7 million per annum.

So probably £4 - 4.5 million a year.

But from memory there's the saving of interest on the "Vibrac" style loans - depending upon when they're drawn down which will amount to between £1 million and £1.6 million.

There's the Prudential loan which has repayment terms of £2.7 million per annum.

So about 64 Seamus Colemans worth of savings then ;)

Think Kroenke would buy Usmanovs shares in a flash if he was looking to sell.
But i agree with what you say mate, thinking Usmanov could eventually come here is not as ridiculous as some think, regardless of Usmanov taking Moshiri's shares.
Kroenke wouldn't get anything out of purchasing Usmanov's shares, Kroenke already owns the majority of shares as he's already demonstrated with his treatment of Moshiri/Usmanov there's only so much other share holders can do to his club (If I can call them that) so I don't see what he'd get out of spending more money on shares other than expecting the value of the shares to rise.

I genuinely feel Moores/Noell were very serious bidders, their interest in purchasing our club was clearly genuine. Everything that I'm about to say is purely hypothetical and speculation, lets say Moshiri and Usmanov have planned on taking over Everton they would have known of Moores and Noell's intention to buy so if they wanted to buy us they had to act immediately. They can't own shares in two different clubs (at least I believe) and there's just no way they were going to be able to sell 30% of the shares in Arsenal with-in a short period of time. Moshiri selling his part in 'Red & White Holdings' at Arsenal to Usmanov allowed them to purchase Everton before it was to late. If this was the case Usmanov now has time to weigh up if it's time to pull the plug on Arsenal and then sell his shares there become a major shareholder at Everton alongside Moshiri.

When Usmanov was originally reported to be taking over Everton an apparent spokesperson for him denied those rumors. Reading an article from the Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...billionaire-pledges-long-term-investment.html published after Moshiri sold his shares in 'Red & White Holdings but prior to Moshiri becoming our major share holder Usmanov said:

'I am committed to Arsenal and I will proudly retain my holding as a long-term investment and my family to enjoy and benefit for generations to come. I want the absolute best for Arsenal and am prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure the success of the club.'

Moshiri has almost always lived in the shadow of Usmanov this could be his opportunity to venture out on his own and run his own football club and If that's the case I think Moshiri has a very good mindset, fantastic background & experience and enough financial power to really improve our club. I still can't help but think/hope there is something going on with Usmanov even after those quotes ,you're not going to hear Usmanov become the full owner of the shares he and Moshiri owned then bad mouth the club or express his intention to leave. Whatever happens from here I genuinely feel the club is already far better off than we were just 24 hours ago.

Two quick questions for @The Esk is there anything to stop mishori slowly hoovering up small shareholders to get an overall majority stake holding, if so what? Also do you think there's any traction in the concept of bill relinquishing his shareholding once redeveloped Goodison or new ground in place. Other posters feel free to answer on his behalf if he already covered. Thanking you kindly

You're slowing up in your old age mate

I think interest payments on all our debts from the last accounts were about 4 million ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back