Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
There's probably a very good reason why he hasn't taken a majority stake yet (I think it will be because of the Prudential loan but haven't checked that yet).

There's no need at this stage for him to do more buying until he's got his people in and serious investment starts flowing.

I'm sure the old boards shareholdings will be acquired at different stages over the next couple of years including Bill's.

Cheers fella. Feel free to start charging consultancy fees for all these queries!!! ;)

Apologies for the long posts. Here are extracts from RAWK. Beyond the laughter there are some concerned posters on there;

"Far more to this than it currently looks, this I believe is just the beginning.
Moshiri and Usmanov are pretty much joined at the hip, always have been.

They invested in Arsenal together and they are also business partners in many other projects. I think it's pretty clear what is going on here.

Both Moshiri and Usmanov have desperately been trying to get a controlling stake at Arsenal for some time, but unfortunately for them, Kroenke won't budge an inch and refuses to sell to them.

Kroenke has made it clear he sees Arsenal as a long term project for himself and ultimately his children. Unfortunately for Arsenal, Kroenke is nowhere near as ambitious as Usmanov and Moshiri and the Arsenal fans seem to know that.

Now it seems Moshiri and Usmanov have given up the ghost and are cutting and running, and we could be the ones to benefit from their vision and ambitious plans.

Moshiri "easily" sells his shares to his friend and immediately invests in Everton with Usmanovs money, or that should be a fraction of his money.

Moshiri hasn't paid the 200 million to Everton that he received for his Arsenal shares as was originally thought, he's agreed to pay much much lower than that (anywhere between 30-90 million depending on which source you believe), and the rest that was originally going to be paid will instantly put the wheels in motion towards the construction of a new stadium.

Kenwright knows that a new stadium is a must, and this was part of the negotiations.

Now Moshiri has his foot in the door, don't be surprised to see his business partnership with Usmanov reunited in the coming months."

"I just can't see him sitting on his hands there whilst his long time business partner and best friend has control of a premiership club, something they've both being trying to a achieve at Arsenal for some time. Especially as he's getting no encouragement or has no say in the running of the club.

It was easy for Usmanov to buy Moshri's shares yesterday allowing there partnership to break and Moshri to buy Everton. It would not surprise me at all to see him now sell his shares over the next few months and join him there now time is on there side.

These could be dangerous owners. They've been trying to get Arsenal to spend big for years and I get the feeling they're looking for a club as a status symbol not something to make money from, very similar to what Abromavic did and Usmanov blows Abromavic out the water money wise."

"If his partner Usmanov gets involved, which wouldn't be surprising at all, it'll be fantastic for them.

Both Moshri and Usmanov have wanted to spend big and use Arsenal as a status symbol for sometime but haven't been allowed to do so by the old board there. I think the 2 of them may have decided they've had enough now and we'll buy someone else.

Moshri sells his shares to his partner yesterday and buys Everton today. It would not surprise me at all to see Usmanov sell his now that they've got their foot in the door.

They've both being major shareholders without a voice for too long. This looks like the chance they've been waiting for IMO."

It's done now for better or worse

It 'sounds' and 'feels' 'not bad'

most if not all of the Martinez / Board / Marketing etc. threads on here will have to be re-booted as a result of the new circumstances.

Not the worst thing in the grand scheme of things.

Just as players have to 'play up' for a new manager

all the other off field - and I count Martinez in this group people; will have to have an eye on the new boss.

cue; end bars of the who 'we won't get fooled again'*LOUD.

I thought it got the response it deserved mate

Get down off your ivory tower lad, this is a forum for sharing opinions. You disagreed with me, fine I happen to think you are wrong in return, but you didn't want to debate that did you being a smart arse was a better and easier option, played.

We'll be linked with more and better quality players than we would otherwise have been, maybe not immediately, but certainly in the near future.
Yes. But not "every player in world football" which to me implied the elite footballers linked daily with Man City, Chelsea, Barcelona etc who will outbid us.
Great to have our new owner..100%. But unless he brings in further wealthy individuals to the Board (which I actually stated numerous times in this thread I think he will) he/we don't have the wealth to compete against those clubs for the elite world talent.

I didn't say it was, but we do have spending power now and will be linked to players, like it or not it will happen.

I'm fully aware of that it's not a City or Chelsea style takeover but your a bit dim if you think that we won't be linked to every tom, [Poor language removed] and harry in the media.

So kindly stop talking down to people like you know whats going to happen because you know as much as the rest of us.

Put your handbags down and hug each other lads.

Apologies for the long posts. Here are extracts from RAWK. Beyond the laughter there are some concerned posters on there;

"Far more to this than it currently looks, this I believe is just the beginning.
Moshiri and Usmanov are pretty much joined at the hip, always have been.

They invested in Arsenal together and they are also business partners in many other projects. I think it's pretty clear what is going on here.

Both Moshiri and Usmanov have desperately been trying to get a controlling stake at Arsenal for some time, but unfortunately for them, Kroenke won't budge an inch and refuses to sell to them.

Kroenke has made it clear he sees Arsenal as a long term project for himself and ultimately his children. Unfortunately for Arsenal, Kroenke is nowhere near as ambitious as Usmanov and Moshiri and the Arsenal fans seem to know that.

Now it seems Moshiri and Usmanov have given up the ghost and are cutting and running, and we could be the ones to benefit from their vision and ambitious plans.

Moshiri "easily" sells his shares to his friend and immediately invests in Everton with Usmanovs money, or that should be a fraction of his money.

Moshiri hasn't paid the 200 million to Everton that he received for his Arsenal shares as was originally thought, he's agreed to pay much much lower than that (anywhere between 30-90 million depending on which source you believe), and the rest that was originally going to be paid will instantly put the wheels in motion towards the construction of a new stadium.

Kenwright knows that a new stadium is a must, and this was part of the negotiations.

Now Moshiri has his foot in the door, don't be surprised to see his business partnership with Usmanov reunited in the coming months."

"I just can't see him sitting on his hands there whilst his long time business partner and best friend has control of a premiership club, something they've both being trying to a achieve at Arsenal for some time. Especially as he's getting no encouragement or has no say in the running of the club.

It was easy for Usmanov to buy Moshri's shares yesterday allowing there partnership to break and Moshri to buy Everton. It would not surprise me at all to see him now sell his shares over the next few months and join him there now time is on there side.

These could be dangerous owners. They've been trying to get Arsenal to spend big for years and I get the feeling they're looking for a club as a status symbol not something to make money from, very similar to what Abromavic did and Usmanov blows Abromavic out the water money wise."

"If his partner Usmanov gets involved, which wouldn't be surprising at all, it'll be fantastic for them.

Both Moshri and Usmanov have wanted to spend big and use Arsenal as a status symbol for sometime but haven't been allowed to do so by the old board there. I think the 2 of them may have decided they've had enough now and we'll buy someone else.

Moshri sells his shares to his partner yesterday and buys Everton today. It would not surprise me at all to see Usmanov sell his now that they've got their foot in the door.

They've both being major shareholders without a voice for too long. This looks like the chance they've been waiting for IMO."

Not the daftest summation I've ever heard - and has as much chance of being in the ballpark as many, with regards to mystic megging the situation.

#RAWKofall'kinplaces.

Get down off your ivory tower lad, this is a forum for sharing opinions. You disagreed with me, fine I happen to think you are wrong in return, but you didn't want to debate that did you being a smart arse was a better and easier option, played.
I thought my response was honest and not derogatory to your good self. It was a general comment to posters thinking we are ready to take on the Sheik and Russian in a bidding war for Neymar. Your responses unfortunately differ...

just thinking does this give the small shareholders ,a bit more of a say in things as they could hold sway if it came to a vote on something in the future?
Overall i think it will be a good move for the club in the long run,at least we can move forward now not stagnate.
Never been a fan of Kenwright but strangely feel better for him being there, even for a short term ,if his health isnt that good.
Hope Moshiri brings in a few new faces behind the scenes as we need to up are game.

Yes. But not "every player in world football" which to me implied the elite footballers linked daily with Man City, Chelsea, Barcelona etc who will outbid us.
Great to have our new owner..100%. But unless he brings in further wealthy individuals to the Board (which I actually stated numerous times in this thread I think he will) he/we don't have the wealth to compete against those clubs for the elite world talent.

T'was meant tongue in cheek

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back