Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
This is all double dutch to me and I expect I am not alone. Can some of the savvy ones please do a simple to understand comparison of where we will stand in the powers of the PL.....for example will we now have a spending power of maybe Liverpool , Spurs but still fall
short of Man Utd, Chelsea and City? or is it carry on as normal with an extra few million per season.

Obviously more details are needed - but on the face of it, it appears to be a great deal for us. Earl is gone, as well as the annual offshore loan re-payments to the tax dodging ex-pat!

This guy Moshi has come on-board as an investor and a partner. There is a pledge there to resove the stadium issue and invest in the playing staff. I think over the next 3-5 years Bill and Woods will drift away and Moshi will become the majority shareholder and bring in his mates and even more investment.

I did hear a rumour that the future sale of Bills shareholding was specifically linked to the building of a new stadium. If that's true then Bill has done a cracking job in brokering this deal. I know someone who was very very close to Bill for a number of years. This person is not a football person and when I told them about the potential deal with the American consortium and described who they where and what their business model was. This person was really shocked and stated to me, that these were not Bill's type of people and that in their understanding, Bill would never sell Everton Football club to anybody like this. He was always looking for an investor/partner and a staggered handover of control.

I would say that he has achieved this. I've not been Bill's biggest fan over the last few years but I believe that he has done us proud this time and Moshi is the man to take us forward to the next level where we rightly belong.

This is all double dutch to me and I expect I am not alone. Can some of the savvy ones please do a simple to understand comparison of where we will stand in the powers of the PL.....for example will we now have a spending power of maybe Liverpool , Spurs but still fall
short of Man Utd, Chelsea and City? or is it carry on as normal with an extra few million per season.

This is what we don't know yet, which we are bickering over but reality is we don't know what he is going to do until he does it or gives a statement of intent.

Have to say this is all very exciting! Been long overdue & by the looks of it could be a massive turning point for the club as we have been lagging behind financially for too long. It also (as it stands) leaves many questions.

For example, is there anything stopping Usmanov lending his mate enough funds to say build a stadium? (which let's face it he can afford to do). I'm very much of the opinion that Usmanov & Moshiri come as a pair, so fascinated to know whats going on behind the scenes.

.......big advantage with this takeover (as opposed to the USA consortium) is that the purchase appears to be funded by the share sale at Arsenal. I take this to mean it isn't based on a loan that will be repaid via club income. I hear all the Usmonov links and long standing business partnership between the two but I think we have to assume he is not part of a longer term strategy on either the Arsenal or Everton front.

I don't know if this has been posted but this is a open letter to the Arsenal fans in 2012 that Mosh the Dosh and Usmanov wrote to outline their vision for the club, but could never implement it due to having no real say at Arsenal due to Kroenke.

"So what is Red & White's vision for the Club? It is simple. A debt free Club, with a big enough war chest to buy top talent players who can hit the ground running and who can complement the Club's long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent. Together they can help the Club win the most prestigious trophies - because it is the trophies which are the crowning achievement for everybody at the Club. The trophies are also key to the commercial success of the Club - they increase the value of the players, the value of the brand, attract the best sponsors and maximize the value of our commercial contracts which should in turn mean that the Club does not have to squeeze any more income from hard pressed fans. We also believe in the transparency that a stock market listing brings so are committed to the Club remaining listed on the stock exchange and to greater fan involvement both through share ownership and also Board representation for the fans."

If that's the vision Mosh has for us then we are in good hands.

Apologies for the long posts. Here are extracts from RAWK. Beyond the laughter there are some concerned posters on there;

"Far more to this than it currently looks, this I believe is just the beginning.
Moshiri and Usmanov are pretty much joined at the hip, always have been.

They invested in Arsenal together and they are also business partners in many other projects. I think it's pretty clear what is going on here.

Both Moshiri and Usmanov have desperately been trying to get a controlling stake at Arsenal for some time, but unfortunately for them, Kroenke won't budge an inch and refuses to sell to them.

Kroenke has made it clear he sees Arsenal as a long term project for himself and ultimately his children. Unfortunately for Arsenal, Kroenke is nowhere near as ambitious as Usmanov and Moshiri and the Arsenal fans seem to know that.

Now it seems Moshiri and Usmanov have given up the ghost and are cutting and running, and we could be the ones to benefit from their vision and ambitious plans.

Moshiri "easily" sells his shares to his friend and immediately invests in Everton with Usmanovs money, or that should be a fraction of his money.

Moshiri hasn't paid the 200 million to Everton that he received for his Arsenal shares as was originally thought, he's agreed to pay much much lower than that (anywhere between 30-90 million depending on which source you believe), and the rest that was originally going to be paid will instantly put the wheels in motion towards the construction of a new stadium.

Kenwright knows that a new stadium is a must, and this was part of the negotiations.

Now Moshiri has his foot in the door, don't be surprised to see his business partnership with Usmanov reunited in the coming months."

"I just can't see him sitting on his hands there whilst his long time business partner and best friend has control of a premiership club, something they've both being trying to a achieve at Arsenal for some time. Especially as he's getting no encouragement or has no say in the running of the club.

It was easy for Usmanov to buy Moshri's shares yesterday allowing there partnership to break and Moshri to buy Everton. It would not surprise me at all to see him now sell his shares over the next few months and join him there now time is on there side.

These could be dangerous owners. They've been trying to get Arsenal to spend big for years and I get the feeling they're looking for a club as a status symbol not something to make money from, very similar to what Abromavic did and Usmanov blows Abromavic out the water money wise."

"If his partner Usmanov gets involved, which wouldn't be surprising at all, it'll be fantastic for them.

Both Moshri and Usmanov have wanted to spend big and use Arsenal as a status symbol for sometime but haven't been allowed to do so by the old board there. I think the 2 of them may have decided they've had enough now and we'll buy someone else.

Moshri sells his shares to his partner yesterday and buys Everton today. It would not surprise me at all to see Usmanov sell his now that they've got their foot in the door.

They've both being major shareholders without a voice for too long. This looks like the chance they've been waiting for IMO."
The RS are our enemies and the limited numbers of them with brains will be seeing the potential threat here quicker than some of our fans. Can't see Moshiri jumping ship and getting the control that he and Usmanov have been after over a PL flagship club for years, whilst Usmanov just sits on his arse watching an investment at Arsenal slowly appreciate but without any input/control.

This may well be a quick share transfer between two close friends/business partners so that one of them could move quickly to block the American takeover offer (that quite likely Earle/Green were in favour of). There's even the unbelievable possibility that one or both of Kewright/Woods has acted in the best interests of the club in seeing this pushed through (with David Dein facilitation) to block a dodgy/leveraged US buyout.

1:30am here in Alaska. Ive been on this bloody forum for 15 hours. LOL I'm scared to go to bed in case I wake up and its all been a cruel dream.

So fekkin happy with this deal, Usmanov or not, we have a major, major opportunity here to push on and get back where we belong. If Usmanov does come on board (and I think he will in the future, not right now) then we are in for a wild ride. Red S**** must be bricking it. LOL

Goodnight all, Im sure ill be back in a couple of hours as I'm not sure I will ever get to sleep.

It could be part of an exit strategy for Usmanov, forced to jump early by the American interest. That all might take time.

The only worry for me is that the word 'Investment' rather than 'Owner' has been bandied around a lot in the run up to this. Could be awhile before we have clarity.
The word "owner" is a very hard word to use, not once in Kenwright's time at our club has the actual club labeled him our actual "owner". Technically everyone with a share is an owner of our club but Bill was our majority share owner just like Moshiri now is. Unless someone ownes 100% of the clubs shares we wouldn't have a sole club owner.

Because Bill is staying on as the clubs chairman we cannot label Moshiri as our chairman either so we pretty much have to call him a majority share holder, someone who's invested their money into the club. The club really can't go into much detail until the purchase has been confirmed, once the club calls a press conference and we have some interviews we really don't have a lot to go off.

I was really quite worried Moores and Noell were only after the money but after reading into Moshiri I'm very happy that he has became our major share holder. Have you read the open letter he and Usmanov wrote to Arsenal mate? Really shows you the intentions he has for a football club he's a part of.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back