Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Reminds me of when I had Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga and got the Liverpool managers job after guiding Huddersfield Town to promotion.

First day on the job I bought Borat Shitrat (valued at 15k) from some part time league for 20m plus McManaman, Fowler and James.
The board where not happy but sanctioned the deal.
I finished in the bottom 3 and got sacked but it was great fun.
I re-established myself at Derby County and won the title...

This alerted a mid placed Championship Liverpool who offered me the managers job.

Dreams are just dreams and we all have hopes and fears. I think we are on the right track with this new investment.

It's ok, I didn't have that nightmare, I dreamt about Emilia Clark after watching Spike Island on tv.

I don't know if this has been posted but this is a open letter to the Arsenal fans in 2012 that Mosh the Dosh and Usmanov wrote to outline their vision for the club, but could never implement it due to having no real say at Arsenal due to Kroenke.

"So what is Red & White's vision for the Club? It is simple. A debt free Club, with a big enough war chest to buy top talent players who can hit the ground running and who can complement the Club's long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent. Together they can help the Club win the most prestigious trophies - because it is the trophies which are the crowning achievement for everybody at the Club. The trophies are also key to the commercial success of the Club - they increase the value of the players, the value of the brand, attract the best sponsors and maximize the value of our commercial contracts which should in turn mean that the Club does not have to squeeze any more income from hard pressed fans. We also believe in the transparency that a stock market listing brings so are committed to the Club remaining listed on the stock exchange and to greater fan involvement both through share ownership and also Board representation for the fans."

If that's the vision Mosh has for us then we are in good hands.

It reads like a dream come true. Of course by then Arsenal had the new stadium bought and paid for but if that ends up being a long term vision for Everton then mosh the dosh might really possess that True Blue Spirit

If they go in dry and paste them I'll need surgery to remove the smile that this weekend has already provided me with mate :)
Unfortunately, as we all know from bitter experience, that lot over the park have a horrible tendency to take the shine off anything good that happens to us, so i'm preparing myself for the inevitable Klopp love fest that will come from them beating City today

If they go in dry and paste them I'll need surgery to remove the smile that this weekend has already provided me with mate :)

Almost as good as hearing the news yesterday was the fact that it pissed on that lots chips this weekend. If city do them it really would be a 'if Chang did weekends...' thing. Imagine that rat sterling scoring the winner :cheers:

Only up to page 57, so sorry if this has been covered since, but I keep reading people thinking that this guy has paid half of £175m for the 49.9% of shares and that Bill has had a huge windfall. I don't think he has!

I think there is some truth behind the Mirror and other sources saying he has paid about £30m. Earl's gets his money back - money that some believe to have been Green's in the first place. Bill and Woods have sold some of their shares at a reasonable price too. 17,500 shares (half of those available) at £1715/share is £30M, so not a huge windfall for them, just maybe a small profit on what they originally paid for that portion of shares.

I think they have retained some of their shares with a view that their remaining holdings will increase in value as Moshiri invests money into the club in the form of towards the stadium and possibly playing staff - club and commercial staff I think everyone takes for granted. This could possibly be a promise of say £55m or so which would result in Moshiri having invested around £85m which would be about half of the £175m valuation of the club. Hell who's to say that some of my suggested £55m is not tagged to pay off the club's debts.

People are giving Bill a bashing that he has sold out for a massive profit when we don't yet know all the details. I have a sneaky suspicion he has forgone some of that profit to enable someone to invest properly in the club, whilst retaining a chance to make a smaller profit for himself should everything pan out in the future. Also by staying involved both he and Woods can ensure that the traditions of the club are upheld and we move in the directions that are right for our club.

Some may say this is pie in the sky, but with such scant details being released all we are doing is letting our imaginations run riot. So before we start lambasting Bill for making a huge profit, let's wait and see what the details of the deal really are.

I don't know if this has been posted but this is a open letter to the Arsenal fans in 2012 that Mosh the Dosh and Usmanov wrote to outline their vision for the club, but could never implement it due to having no real say at Arsenal due to Kroenke.

"So what is Red & White's vision for the Club? It is simple. A debt free Club, with a big enough war chest to buy top talent players who can hit the ground running and who can complement the Club's long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent. Together they can help the Club win the most prestigious trophies - because it is the trophies which are the crowning achievement for everybody at the Club. The trophies are also key to the commercial success of the Club - they increase the value of the players, the value of the brand, attract the best sponsors and maximize the value of our commercial contracts which should in turn mean that the Club does not have to squeeze any more income from hard pressed fans. We also believe in the transparency that a stock market listing brings so are committed to the Club remaining listed on the stock exchange and to greater fan involvement both through share ownership and also Board representation for the fans."

If that's the vision Mosh has for us then we are in good hands.

I guess we'll have to wait for a few more details / announcements before we know how this is all going to pan out, but reading that our new majority shareholder has this sort of approach, well I'm in total Blue Heaven right now.

It honestly feels like we've just won a trophy. :dance::celebrate: Please don't it let it be a case of 'Everton, that'...

I,'ll wait for the detail before making further comment.
A lot were took in by the fortress sports fund and a few batman lights on a cowshed.
I suggest others should do likewise.

Agree. A lot have got tbemselves rather moist at the thought of us becoming the same as City, Chelsea and even the RS.
That sickens and disappoints me.
All through this all I and some others have wanted is to be Everton again, not to become something else.
This rush to be like 'them' worries me.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back