Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
PL approval here is a rubber stamp. The key will be them being happy he really has relinquished influence at Arsenal.

I know we tend to the paranoid but the PL will be keen for Everton to take this chance to be stronger as another more competitive 'historic' club only enriches the competition globally making money for all. The potential return to the league is higher now than at any point in the last 20 years given our squad and reputation for developing young players.

In addition there are some very positive wider attributes of our brand (charity, community, value for money etc.) that could be used more by the league help the 'soft' image of the league as a whole at a time when it needs some polishing. Better brand image = money for all.

The bottom line is a wealthier Everton will make the rest wealthier and money talks.

Commercially a "big ten" scenario makes huge sense for the PL - 4 in London, 4 in NW, 1 in Midlands and 1 in NE as that makes the league hugely competitive with big games every week.

We are not about to become Man City or instant CL favourites because of Moshiri but it creates the opportunity for the PL, Sky, BT etc. to recast us from plucky minnow to giant awakening adding to the hype. That kind of thing becomes elf-sustaining after a couple of years. Think bigger. Be bigger.

A little cautious optimism is in order this morning. I'd forgotten it was possible to support Everton and feel real hope!

Why so many nervous nellies worried about Liverpool? We know they've spent a fortune on dross - so do they - and we know that City
have some seriously good players.
That doesn't mean they can't win, but I wouldn't sweat about it.

It reads like a dream come true. Of course by then Arsenal had the new stadium bought and paid for but if that ends up being a long term vision for Everton then mosh the dosh might really possess that True Blue Spirit

I covered that letter yesterday and that quote was just 1 part of it, usmanov and moshiri were strongly against the selling of star players and raising of ticket prices on fans in order for the stadium to be paid for.

They believed the price should have been covered by the shareholders and directors rather than the fans being held at ransom over the inflated ticket cost and drop in performance from sales of the likes of RVP who was there marquee player at that time.

Out of interest, Esk... how good do you reckon this is going to end up being?

That open letter from "Red and White Holdings" to the Arsenal fans reads like an Evertonian's wet dream... but I'm loathe to get too excited, because we've had so much blow up in our faces over the last 20 years

Hi mate, I think this deal will allow us to do what most Evertonians have really only ever wished for. It should allow us to compete on far more even terms.

We won't be a Chelsea or City, (something I am pleased about) but will allow us to build on what we have and genuinely be in the mix for top 4 places not just being plucky outsiders.

I think it will take a couple of years at least to really see the benefits but it will certainly help us retain our key players this summer and add where we need to.

Off field we can start building commercial and sponsorship revenues and at last sort out the stadium issue.

I really think it is a wonderful opportunity. But it's an opportunity that needs to be grasped on the pitch as much as off it.

No matter what happens, it's comforting to think that Elstone could be feeling something like this this morning.

Elstone.jpg

Hi mate, I think this deal will allow us to do what most Evertonians have really only ever wished for. It should allow us to compete on far more even terms.

We won't be a Chelsea or City, (something I am pleased about) but will allow us to build on what we have and genuinely be in the mix for top 4 places not just being plucky outsiders.

I think it will take a couple of years at least to really see the benefits but it will certainly help us retain our key players this summer and add where we need to.

Off field we can start building commercial and sponsorship revenues and at last sort out the stadium issue.

I really think it is a wonderful opportunity. But it's an opportunity that needs to be grasped on the pitch as much as off it.

Absolutely this !

I'm buzzing at the prospect of my kids seeing the glory days that I've seen in the past - although the eternal optimist, I was starting to wonder.

My only slight concern now is that the Banner makers and Plane renters will be getting all bent out of shape when there is no Messi by Monday and no stadium by Sunday. To do this properly and in the traditions that remain important to the soul of this great club will need time. We cant afford for impatience and lack of understanding to allow the new lad to start getting hounded.

Good way to sum the whole deal in a nutshell there, Esk. It really appears to be what every single Everton has been screaming out for for many many years.

My biggest question right now is whether Usmanov will follow Moshiri over or if this is Moshiri's way of stepping out from Usmanov's shadow, purchasing a historic Premier League club, something he's probably always dreamt of. However if this is some kind of master plan and Usmanov does come over then this could become a Chelsea/City type takeover. I'll agree the clubs identity, tradition and history is what makes this our club so good but what I dream of is winning trophies and consistent success, if it takes crazy money to achieve that then I'd probably give away my left nut for it. The whole Usmanov talk really doesn't have any actual substance to it, just a lot of hoping.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum!

No matter what happens, it's comforting to think that Elstone could be feeling something like this this morning.

Elstone.jpg

Probably won't happen straight away, but within six months I'm expecting the following statement

... and Robert will be leaving the club to pursue new opportunities. We thank him for the time and effort he has put into the club and wish him every success in the future.

In a bit lad

Good way to sum the whole deal in a nutshell there, Esk. It really appears to be what every single Everton has been screaming out for for many many years.

My biggest question right now is whether Usmanov will follow Moshiri over or if this is Moshiri's way of stepping out from Usmanov's shadow, purchasing a historic Premier League club, something he's probably always dreamt of. However if this is some kind of master plan and Usmanov does come over then this could become a Chelsea/City type takeover. I'll agree the clubs identity, tradition and history is what makes this our club so good but what I dream of is winning trophies and consistent success, if it takes crazy money to achieve that then I'd probably give away my left nut for it. The whole Usmanov talk really doesn't have any actual substance to it, just a lot of hoping.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum!

If Usmanov does follow the difference between us and a city or Chelsea situation (mostly Chelsea, I actually think city has been done reasonably well) is that mosh will have been at the club, getting a feel for the pulse of the place, seeing first hand what values and traditions are before the golden cheque book arrives. You'd hope that would be a positive thing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back