Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Anyone else think it a little strange that this comes less than 24 hours after a report in Russia claimed that Usmanov was the new owner/investor of Everton?

We know Usmanov can't hold significant shares in two different clubs, so is this his way of achieving it? Giving his right hand man the dosh to invest in us by "buying" his Arsenal shares to get their foot in the door, while he then try's to flog his Arsenal share to Kroenke?

Another thing I don't quite understand, it seems Kenwright and Woods have wanted a "safety net" by not allowing Moshiri over 50% of the club therefore having a controlling interest, incase they need to outvote him on unpopular decisions.

But what is stopping Moshiri offering the minor shareholders offers they can't refuse, then giving him a controlling stake in the club to then outvote Kenwright and Woods on ANY decision?

2 very good points here. It may be that Moshiri wants to break free from Usmanov and we shouldn't discount that. If Usmanov is involved with Everton though, watch out, that s a game changer an we would be the wealthiest club in England.

People also seemed to be getting bogged down in detail when evaluating Usmanov running things pointing out the legality difficulties. Usmanov has regularly "overcome obstacles with creative solutions" shall we say far greater than premier league rules. It would make sense to get his guy in at Everton and funnel his companies money into it (of which Moshiri owns shares).

As for the final point there is nothing stopping Moshiri doing this. I can't imagine they would be overly keen to sell though, knowing serious investment in the ground/clubs infastructure is coming. At present I think Moshiri is quite happy with 49.9. He is de facto owner and it means in the future if they wish to sell to either Usmanov there are obvious shares that can be sold, or alternatively if they wish to dilute shares by bringing in more partners it will be more straightforward (both are possibility).

I think there is also some acknowledgement that Kenwright and the club are running aspects of the club quite well. They obviously like the tradition of Arsenal and feel it's something they can build on. In the initial faze there is a role to play for Kenwright. He can also look after a lot of the football and fan interaction stuff he is good at.

As for Kenwright there is limited protection. On the whole he has behaved admirably with this and by the sounds of it turned down greater money for himself in order to have it put towards a ground. I suppose all it means is if the guy tried to do a Venky's and change the colour to red (i.e. a move that would alienate all 50.1% of fans) we'd say no. Other than that Moshiri will get what he wants but I think will seek collaboration with Kenwright.

Overall it is interesting. They worked for a long time as part of a group on the board of Arsenal. It's not foreign to them. If they are serious about Everton I would think he'd either look to eventually move Kenwright out for a wealthier investor as it seems to fit with a wider approach.

No. It's not a Man City or Chelsea wealth. We all need a reality check maybe?

I didn't say it was, but we do have spending power now and will be linked to players, like it or not it will happen.

I'm fully aware of that it's not a City or Chelsea style takeover but your a bit dim if you think that we won't be linked to every tom, [Poor language removed] and harry in the media.

So kindly stop talking down to people like you know whats going to happen because you know as much as the rest of us.

Two quick questions for @The Esk is there anything to stop mishori slowly hoovering up small shareholders to get an overall majority stake holding, if so what? Also do you think there's any traction in the concept of bill relinquishing his shareholding once redeveloped Goodison or new ground in place. Other posters feel free to answer on his behalf if he already covered. Thanking you kindly

There's probably a very good reason why he hasn't taken a majority stake yet (I think it will be because of the Prudential loan but haven't checked that yet).

There's no need at this stage for him to do more buying until he's got his people in and serious investment starts flowing.

I'm sure the old boards shareholdings will be acquired at different stages over the next couple of years including Bill's.

Nothing is stopping him doing that and it's only going to be months before he has full control.

I stated it yesterday morning when people were still not taking Moshri seriously that it was looking clear as day what was going on here and that Moshri was clearly looking like he was taking over from the press reports and things that had happened.

I think it's clear as day right now that this is a takeover by him and Usmanov, regardless of what's being said and it's only a matter of time before his mate his here with him.

This is an excellent time to be an Evertonian now, a complete game changer for us.

I agree. The only possible spanner in the works is if this is a plan to try and scare Arsenal into selling up to them, and Arsenal concede. In that case you may see Moshiri sell up again quickly or become like Robert Earl a silent partner. (In all likelihood leaving us no worse than we were before Friday and probably better off as some of his money has wiped off debt/gone towards a stadium).

Given the length of time it has taken I am doubtful this is just a ruse to foil Arsenal though.

I didn't say it was, but we do have spending power now and will be linked to players, like it or not it will happen.

I'm fully aware of that it's not a City or Chelsea style takeover but your a bit dim if you think that we won't be linked to every tom, [Poor language removed] and harry in the media.

So kindly stop talking down to people like you know whats going to happen because you know as much as the rest of us.
ok

2 very good points here. It may be that Moshiri wants to break free from Usmanov and we shouldn't discount that. If Usmanov is involved with Everton though, watch out, that s a game changer an we would be the wealthiest club in England.

People also seemed to be getting bogged down in detail when evaluating Usmanov running things pointing out the legality difficulties. Usmanov has regularly "overcome obstacles with creative solutions" shall we say far greater than premier league rules. It would make sense to get his guy in at Everton and funnel his companies money into it (of which Moshiri owns shares).

As for the final point there is nothing stopping Moshiri doing this. I can't imagine they would be overly keen to sell though, knowing serious investment in the ground/clubs infastructure is coming. At present I think Moshiri is quite happy with 49.9. He is de facto owner and it means in the future if they wish to sell to either Usmanov there are obvious shares that can be sold, or alternatively if they wish to dilute shares by bringing in more partners it will be more straightforward (both are possibility).

I think there is also some acknowledgement that Kenwright and the club are running aspects of the club quite well. They obviously like the tradition of Arsenal and feel it's something they can build on. In the initial faze there is a role to play for Kenwright. He can also look after a lot of the football and fan interaction stuff he is good at.

As for Kenwright there is limited protection. On the whole he has behaved admirably with this and by the sounds of it turned down greater money for himself in order to have it put towards a ground. I suppose all it means is if the guy tried to do a Venky's and change the colour to red (i.e. a move that would alienate all 50.1% of fans) we'd say no. Other than that Moshiri will get what he wants but I think will seek collaboration with Kenwright.

Overall it is interesting. They worked for a long time as part of a group on the board of Arsenal. It's not foreign to them. If they are serious about Everton I would think he'd either look to eventually move Kenwright out for a wealthier investor as it seems to fit with a wider approach.

Great post. Its seems that Usmanov is still in the same position at arsenal as he only bought the other half of shares at red and white holdings so he not really gained any influence and can't see him with no control at one club while his business partner is a major shareholder at Everton. Like you said moshiri might jsut wanted to go alone.

No. It's not a Man City or Chelsea wealth. We all need a reality check maybe?

Not really mate.

With TV money and FFP the difference between a sugar daddy throwing loads of cash at a club and an owner with less cash but still ambitions is much less than it would have been ten years ago.

As a club, under the old board, we've lacked any ambition. That now appears to have changed. It'll probably take a good few years to make lasting changes, but this news is almost certainly a game changer.

I agree. The only possible spanner in the works is if this is a plan to try and scare Arsenal into selling up to them, and Arsenal concede. In that case you may see Moshiri sell up again quickly or become like Robert Earl a silent partner. (In all likelihood leaving us no worse than we were before Friday and probably better off as some of his money has wiped off debt/gone towards a stadium).

Given the length of time it has taken I am doubtful this is just a ruse to foil Arsenal though.

This is what a R's said to me and it's suit them as it not a good outlook for us. But how would buying us force kroneke to sell his shares Usmanov?

Not really mate.

With TV money and FFP the difference between a sugar daddy throwing loads of cash at a club and an owner with less cash but still ambitions is much less than it would have been ten years ago.

As a club, under the old board, we've lacked any ambition. That now appears to have changed. It'll probably take a good few years to make lasting changes, but this news is almost certainly a game changer.
"We are going to be linked to every player in football now aren't we" was the quote I was responding to mate.
You agree with that?

Moshiri will take us up a level.

Usmanov would take us to the top. Seriously think he could join up with Moshiri once Kenwright decides to sell up his shares (and Woods would then sell his shares).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back