Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He's worth 1.21 Gigawatts?!

2ntv1pe.gif

And unless I missed something, there was always a doubt that if they went ahead, any deal might be a leveraged one aka the Glaziers at Manure?

At the very least, this single individual has stepped in with a substantial, seemingly unfinanced and therefore in lay mans terms a cash deal to buy just shy of half the club.

With his history of involvement at the Arsenal, serious connections and proven track record of business dealings - quite frankly I'm staggered at the level of negativity towards him that has mushroomed in less than eight short hours since the deal was confirmed.

Seems to me that some folks just want to exist in a glass-half-empty world.
Yeah, I'm struggling to see the negative side, personally.

From that Mail article quoted a few pages back:

His shares had an estimated value of around £200million and a large part of that is understood to have been invested not just in buying the shares at Everton but in buying debt at the club.

That's interesting.

What would that do for us, in practical terms?

Anyone else think it a little strange that this comes less than 24 hours after a report in Russia claimed that Usmanov was the new owner/investor of Everton?

We know Usmanov can't hold significant shares in two different clubs, so is this his way of achieving it? Giving his right hand man the dosh to invest in us by "buying" his Arsenal shares to get their foot in the door, while he then try's to flog his Arsenal share to Kroenke?

Another thing I don't quite understand, it seems Kenwright and Woods have wanted a "safety net" by not allowing Moshiri over 50% of the club therefore having a controlling interest, incase they need to outvote him on unpopular decisions.

But what is stopping Moshiri offering the minor shareholders offers they can't refuse, then giving him a controlling stake in the club to then outvote Kenwright and Woods on ANY decision?

The saga between Usmanov/Moshiri V/S Kroenke is a long one and there is a major issue there, Usmanov wants to increase/takeover Arsenal but Kroenke isn't selling.

The way I see it, Usmanov will try again with Kroenke, if he fails, he might sell his shares and join Moshiri here by buying the rest of the shares

Exactly, it is not beyond reason that Bill used the Yanks to flush out more interested parties.

If I was Bill, I'd have been thinking why did Swansea reject them.
The mere fact that Swansea rejected them suggested to me that they were not up to the job here.

Anyway, their sore pride ain't our problem, we're billionaires now.

Apparently we're more wealthy than Man U now? In a roundabout way, but still..............................

The saga between Usmanov/Moshiri V/S Kroenke is a long one and there is a major issue there, Usmanov wants to increase/takeover Arsenal but Kroenke isn't selling.

The way I see it, Usmanov will try again with Kroenke, if he fails, he might sell his shares and join Moshiri here by buying the rest of the shares

And the other possible scenario is that they both wanted to takeover Everton but couldn't do it because they own shares at Arsenal, so they tricked it by Moshiri selling his shares to Usmanov and moving here, now Usmanov will sell his shares and follow Moshiri here.

Why didn't they both sell their shares at Arsenal and bought us directly? They need someone to buy the shares, so it might take time to find a buyer, this way it makes perfect sense, Moshiri is here now and once Usmanov sells his shares, will follow him.

Anyone else think it a little strange that this comes less than 24 hours after a report in Russia claimed that Usmanov was the new owner/investor of Everton?

We know Usmanov can't hold significant shares in two different clubs, so is this his way of achieving it? Giving his right hand man the dosh to invest in us by "buying" his Arsenal shares to get their foot in the door, while he then try's to flog his Arsenal share to Kroenke?

Another thing I don't quite understand, it seems Kenwright and Woods have wanted a "safety net" by not allowing Moshiri over 50% of the club therefore having a controlling interest, incase they need to outvote him on unpopular decisions.

But what is stopping Moshiri offering the minor shareholders offers they can't refuse, then giving him a controlling stake in the club to then outvote Kenwright and Woods on ANY decision?

Nothing is stopping him doing that and it's only going to be months before he has full control.

I stated it yesterday morning when people were still not taking Moshri seriously that it was looking clear as day what was going on here and that Moshri was clearly looking like he was taking over from the press reports and things that had happened.

I think it's clear as day right now that this is a takeover by him and Usmanov, regardless of what's being said and it's only a matter of time before his mate his here with him.

This is an excellent time to be an Evertonian now, a complete game changer for us.

Common grammar usage allows for football teams to be referred to in singular and collective forms.

Would you say 'Barcelona play' or ' Barcelona plays' with three forwards'? Leicester plays with Vardy as a lone striker? Nope.

The singular gets used more for buyout and club ownership chatter, since the sale of a single entity ( the club ) requires that form.

Fans more naturally think and use the accepted group form.
So, your saying Everton is common? I thought it was a special club.

Anyway, as this is about the buyout, thank you for reiterating my point.

And the other possible scenario is that they both wanted to takeover Everton but couldn't do it because they own shares at Arsenal, so they tricked it by Moshiri selling his shares to Usmanov and moving here, now Usmanov will sell his shares and follow Moshiri here.

Why didn't they both sell their shares at Arsenal and bought us directly? They need someone to buy the shares, so it might take time to find a buyer, this way it makes perfect sense, Moshiri is here now and once Usmanov sells his shares, will follow him.

Think Kroenke would buy Usmanovs shares in a flash if he was looking to sell.
But i agree with what you say mate, thinking Usmanov could eventually come here is not as ridiculous as some think, regardless of Usmanov taking Moshiri's shares.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back