Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
40m in COMMERCIAL and sponsorship is very much at the lower end of the scale.

Im not saying we are gonna be at their levels, but just to compare that figure to our "peers".

Figures from 2014.

Arse
Commercial £59m
Retail£18m
Chelsea
Commercial £114m
Vermin
Commercial activities £104m
City
Commercial activities £166m
United
Commercial activities £189m
Spurs
All commercial activities £56m

Us
Sponsorship, advertising and merchandise£8m

Catering & other commercial£4m
Goats doing finances

im going to bed

£40m a season in sponsorships seems very high for what we'll be able to attract.
A stadium after 3 years is (imho) pie in the sky - not to say it won't happen at all, but not in 36 months
£100m player trading is very much on the high end of what we could realistically hope for in the timescale.

Not to mention 3yrs out of 5 qualifying for the CL!!

Currently our shirt sponsorship deal is worth £5.3 million. Spurs who should be our minimum benchmark are paid £16 million. Umbro pay us £6 million a year, Spurs are in negotiations with Nike for a deal worth £30 million a year. Then we can look at our commercial arrangements with Fanatics (formerly Kitbag) £3 million a year which can clearly be improved upon significantly.

If we move into our new stadium 2020-21 that would give us 1 year additional income, not two as above, I don't mind conceding that.

I'm pretty sure that our new DoF will be given a higher target than that - let's not forget Stones is going to contribute 40% of that target (taking into account Barnsley's share).

In my opinion very achievable.

Replacing stones with gravel, how bad can things get?
gtfo.gif

Currently our shirt sponsorship deal is worth £5.3 million. Spurs who should be our minimum benchmark are paid £16 million. Umbro pay us £6 million a year, Spurs are in negotiations with Nike for a deal worth £30 million a year. Then we can look at our commercial arrangements with Fanatics (formerly Kitbag) £3 million a year which can clearly be improved upon significantly.

If we move into our new stadium 2020-21 that would give us 1 year additional income, not two as above, I don't mind conceding that.

I'm pretty sure that our new DoF will be given a higher target than that - let's not forget Stones is going to contribute 40% of that target (taking into account Barnsley's share).

In my opinion very achievable.
Spurs are London based and regularly in Europe (I know we aspire to be like that) however maybe Spurs is an unfair benchmark as due to their current standing and location, they are always going to attain significantly more on commercial deals at present.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back