Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
When you say "build", is that from literally the first bloke putting a hat on and building a fence around the site, to completion, or the whole process, planning, land purchase etc?

Asking for a friend.

shrewsbury town literally took 5 years to aquire the land! it was very sensitive regards the land they wanted. i suppose it could be the same as Evertons situation. it may take longer to aquire the relevant planning permission than it is to actually build the stadia.

from first bloke on site to completion of a relatively small stadium, 18 months- 2 years.

if you have unlimited resorces and man power a larger stadium could possibly be achieved within the same time frame, but this is without any hold ups and red tape.

im assuming the waterfront project would carry alot of red tape and alot of objections, even during the build. these things happen and have to be dealt with.

3 years i would say. and thats with the land ready to go, and all plans in place.

When you say "build", is that from literally the first bloke putting a hat on and building a fence around the site, to completion, or the whole process, planning, land purchase etc?

Asking for a friend.

Mate thing is the timescale an vary massively depending on the design, the location and the amount of money they are willing to spend to speed up the process

For example the Stadio De Dragoa took two years from start to finish to complete - fantastic 50k seater stadium in Portugal

The new Zenit stadium started construction in 2008 and originally was due in 2011, then put pback to 2013 then 2016 (need it in time for the world cup) thats a 65k stadium on the riverside - but that has been held up through loads of different problems and reasons etc

Juves stadium started in june 8 completed in may 90, then its replacement plans announced in Nov 2008 opened on sept 2011

as you can see - it varies so widely it can only be estimated wildley atm

it took my company 18 months to build shrewsburys 10,000 seater stadium from scratch and leigh rmi's 20,000 seater took 2 years.

it would take a quick start, from precisely now, and to have no hold ups whatsoever for it to be even marginally achievable.

its 3 years minimum in my eyes. and thats from when the first dig is done.

Looked around on Google and it looks like there are a few 50,000+ stadiums that have gone up in around 20-24 months which shocked me a bit. I imagine it won't be that quick.

That's politicians for ya, always over-promising.

Mate thing is the timescale an vary massively depending on the design, the location and the amount of money they are willing to spend to speed up the process

For example the Stadio De Dragoa took two years from start to finish to complete - fantastic 50k seater stadium in Portugal

The new Zenit stadium started construction in 2008 and originally was due in 2011, then put pback to 2013 then 2016 (need it in time for the world cup) thats a 65k stadium on the riverside - but that has been held up through loads of different problems and reasons etc

Juves stadium started in june 8 completed in may 90, then its replacement plans announced in Nov 2008 opened on sept 2011

as you can see - it varies so widely it can only be estimated wildley atm

the new wembley is a prime example of things getting out of hand and delayed, and delayed and delayed. these projects, esp in a sensitive zone are far from simple.

could take 5/6/7 years from now to get it done.

as an Evertonian i seriously hope it doesnt take that long, but my experiences tell me otherwise.

its just nice to have us tabling such a project. think back 18 months, we would just be glad to of re-painted the cladding round GP!

Looked around on Google and it looks like there are a few 50,000+ stadiums that have gone up in around 20-24 months which shocked me a bit. I imagine it won't be that quick.

That's politicians for ya, always over-promising.

that doesnt surprise me one bit. but i bet most new 50,000 stadiums are built on purpose made land, ready and planned out from start to finish.

if we are to use a sensitive area/peice of land then expect things to go relatively slowly.

especially here in the UK where these sorts of projects seem to falter here there and everywhere!!

like i said before wembley being the most significant overspend!! was it £750 million in the end?? ridiculous money

...I hunk folk would prefer to wait longer (even an additional 2-3 years) for the waterfront option. I hope the Mayor's 2 year comment was him being positive rather than an accurate milestone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back