Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Brought in a manager that very few people wanted (remember the poll), and a P.E teacher as director of football. All this after sacking Martinez way way too late.

Get out.

Regarding the Joe Anderson comments, even the most ardent anti-Kenwrighters surely have to credit him for doing what he said he'd do (eventually). We probably only know about a fraction of the Del-boys who rolled up with chequebooks and promises over the years.

I have never been in either camp btw, but he may well have facilitated something great for our club here.
%100 he did exactly what he always said he would do, yes we might of wanted it sooner, and there had to have been other people asking down the years, but they were not the right buyer, in the end it seems he did manage to find the right man, so fair play to him.

It wasn't so much about the "right buyer", as the "right time".

Kenwright was going to sell, Moshiri was the best buyer available at that time, but lets not forget the yanks were favourites for a good period and by all accounts others were in talks too.

Imagine bills arse squeaking last season !! Trying to sell the club to moshiri and watching the team massively implode under rm! Added to that the fan revolt and plane at saints!!!
I'm with you lot, aye.

Took longer than probably everyone wanted, but got there in the end.

Hopefully Moshiri is prepared to splash the cash he's reported to have. Still in two minds about Usmanov coming though - instinct says surely he will follow, but all evidence (or total lack of) suggests otherwise.

I keep reading in here that moshiri us changing the club etc but it strikes me currently as all fur no knickers to use a phrase. On the outside it all looks better sure but until we start seeing the effects of it then it leaves me hesitant to get my hopes up so to speak.

I keep reading in here that moshiri us changing the club etc but it strikes me currently as all fur no knickers to use a phrase. On the outside it all looks better sure but until we start seeing the effects of it then it leaves me hesitant to get my hopes up so to speak.

A clear step up in manager, a Director of Football poached from the league champions, improvements pending to FF, debts cleared & clear talks occurring to get us a new stadium at the docks...

What more do you realistically expect from him in the time he's been here? No offence but you're not very appreciative of what we have now.

A clear step up in manager, a Director of Football poached from the league champions, improvements pending to FF, debts cleared & clear talks occurring to get us a new stadium at the docks...

What more do you realistically expect from him in the time he's been here? No offence but you're not very appreciative of what we have now.

Latest post is out from him and pretty much sums up why we should be optimistic mate

http://www.therussianlinesman.com

Ok mate to put it into perspective.

1. Manager is really a mercenary. Great if he does well for us sure, but considering how often he moves clubs it is hardly a coup to get him here. Plus i'm sure all this money promised convinced him. So yeah, fantastic manager to get in for us but clearly money motivated.

2. DOF poached is a good aquisition sure. If he comes in and really benefits the team then only positive things can come from it. could well be our most important recruitment for a long time.

3. We are always improving FF mate. The sleep pod things were pending before Moshiri arrived.

4. Great he has cleared debts, but ther eis no benefit of that just yet.

5. Talks about a ground ? sure i have heard that one before.......

Point i'm making is as much as we can gush over this has happened, until there is clear progression made for the club then it means nothing now. I'm not expecting anything more to be done, but what if all of this leads to nothing? that is the point i'm generalising, get excited when things actually start happening not in advance. Other clubs have followed similar immediate resurgences like ours and it has led to nowhere, i'm sure villa being bankrolled almost to the top 4 looked great from the outside back then!

I'm with you lot, aye.

Hopefully Moshiri is prepared to splash the cash he's reported to have. Still in two minds about Usmanov coming though - instinct says surely he will follow, but all evidence (or total lack of) suggests otherwise.

I think with how the current regime has kicked off its tenure, that a lack of evidence is not necessarily an indicator to "suggest otherwise". I think like we are seeing with the Moshiri takeover, backroom setup, transfer business, stadium developments etc that there is very little evidence that hits the streets until just before an "event".

So I think rather than be evidence based we just continue to be our usual over optimistic selves (or not for some).

I think it's 'all fur coat and no knickers' mate. Unless you're talking specifically about Moshiri's pubic hair being so extensive that underwear is not necessary for him, which, according to my sources, is absolutely correct.

I'm with you lot, aye.

It may have taken longer than we wanted but, possibly, not longer than necessary. Look back over the years and think of the other clubs that have been taken over. How many of those investors would you take? Not many? The only 2 that stand out are City and Chelsea and they were far better propositions for the buyers. It feels like we have waited, done our homework, and got the right man. There is no point getting an earlier bus if it doesn't take you to the right destination!!(I've just made that last bit up so apologies)

It may have taken longer than we wanted but, possibly, not longer than necessary. Look back over the years and think of the other clubs that have been taken over. How many of those investors would you take? Not many? The only 2 that stand out are City and Chelsea and they were far better propositions for the buyers. It feels like we have waited, done our homework, and got the right man. There is no point getting an earlier bus if it doesn't take you to the right destination!!(I've just made that last bit up so apologies)
I agree.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back